• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lost lake.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Not alot of snow on the snug side at all this year. Alders are showing bad every where. The trail going from Rainbow lake over vmax has been cut in enough over the years that the trail is not a problem, but you sure would not want to try to go anywhere off of it. The valley before vmax on the way in is pure alders like I have never seen it. You can't not climb up and over and do the "vmax by pass" like we genreally do. Just plain way low on the snow levels. looking forward to spring riding next year up in Ressurection. That will be nice!!!

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Maybe my mistake. I'm talking about the trail off of Snug Harbor Rd goin to the Russian lakes Maybe it is called the Russian Lakes trail. ??

I figured that is what you meant when you asked. It is called the Russian Lakes trail now days. I have heard alot of old timers refer to it as the ressurection trail as well. I belive at one point in time it went from Seward to what is now know by all as the resuurection pass trail. In any case. the snow is very skinny in the Russian lakes area this year. It would be nothing but an alder fest.

A

ak1000m

Nov 27, 2007
soldotna,alaska
Snowing hard!!

Just got call from some buddys going to firemans for a ride ,as they went by seward cutoff said looked to be about one to two feet on side of road and still snowing, all the web cams are showing alots of snow. looks like time to extend my week off !!! Tim I'll you know later how derk and joe's ride went!

Premium Features