• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lost lake.

L

Letitsnow***907

Jan 9, 2008
Soldotna, Alaska
I was wondering who that was sitting on their hood? and now I see it is Shawn! did you yank him out with the sno bunje? He looks a little wore out:) I will see you guys on Wednesday and you can give me the whole story. I will let you know about our trip too:)

L

Letitsnow***907

Jan 9, 2008
Soldotna, Alaska
We went up Snuggy today. It was a great Meyer ralley! There was me of course, Brittany, Brett; my awesome kids:) And 2 of my brothers, Steve & Dave. It was 5 degrees at the parking lot, the trail to rainbow lake turn off is nice and smooth! The alder bushes are still showing every where! Very low snow for this time of year! We had a great ride over to mount accention with no break downs:) The weather socked in on us on the way out and we could not see in front of our faces! Good thing I ride with my GPS mounted on my sled, It led us right out.

It was dumping snow when we left so hopefully it will continue for a week!

It was not a good picture taking day or I would some.

S
Nov 8, 2008
anchorage
icy trail?

Hey I am new to riding this area but not new to riding, I rode lost lake area last year many different times and was always able to get up the firehouse trail although I didn't start riding there until march or so. My question is does the trail get better later in the year or is this just a bad year? I love to ride there but the trail is almost impassible with all the ice and the primrose side sucks!

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
With all the traffic that Firemans is getting these days, you will most often have to pull sleds up acouple of chutes by hand unless it has recently snowed some wet heavy snow. Primrose as much as I hate that trail, is much easier to get up and down. Right now, even primrose is glare ice on a couple of hills and will be until the is some wet snow there as well to glue to the ice. Problem is with all the traffic anymore, people spin up these hills and polish right to the ice.

Last edited:
A

ak1000m

Nov 27, 2007
soldotna,alaska
Bluebird day

Rode lostlake today primrose 4 to 6 inches on top and about a foot down in the trees -1 at the parking lot and about 10 or so on top till the sun went down but it was agreat ride had alot of fun. trail is slick on first grade about 1/2 mile on trail take the trees on right make it up no problem.:D:beer;

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
Rode Prim today, weather doesnt get any better. Snow was awesome in places, terrible in others. Had an absolute blast other than hitting a hard stop on a steep hill and getting pinned under my sled. Everytime I moved a muscle the sled pushed harder on my chest. Knocked the wind out of me. Was kinda funny. There were 15 people not 100 yards from me but they were all watching each other play on the hill just north of me. I tried to yell for help but I couldnt breathe. I just laid there and watched them play for about 5 minutes. lol. M1000 is pretty heavy when most of its weight is sitting on your chest. Finally decided to suffer the consequences of letting the sled roll the rest of the way over me just to get it off my leg and chest, so I started wiggling one muscle at a time until I got out. Let the sled roll back onto is skis and rode back down the hill. Dug the snow out of my neck and kept playing. Was too nice to let something like that bother me. :D

IMG_1013.JPG P1040001.JPG

L

Letitsnow***907

Jan 9, 2008
Soldotna, Alaska
Nice update Bigreen776! They must have fixed your sled? We were up in the hills soaking in the hot tub and pulling kids around on snowboards:)
Glad you survived the cat sitting on you!

A
Dec 11, 2007
Seward
Trail was slick & icy on the chute, but doable. The snow was hard, but ridable. The light was flat, but seeable. Not a bad day, but maybe not worth riding to Seward from Anchorage for

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Any word on how the access is on Snug Harbor rd at Rainbow Lake trailhead? I haven't ridden out there yet this year and would like to before winter is gone. Thanks.

Premium Features