• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lost lake.

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
What's it matter Blondz? You are like me with only what arm so what good will it do you lol! Btw, yes, most of the rain was wet heavy snow up there. Had freinds up there on Monday and spent alot of time stuck.

I know I know lol but a girl can dream can't she ;) I was inquiring on behalf of others since I am out for at least a couple more weeks. Guess I'll encourage them to go north after all :)

I go in tomorrow to ~ ~ hopefully ~ ~ get this full arm cast removed and get a new fancy-shmancy short cast. It will be hard to resist the temptation of riding once I have that one - - but at very best, I will only be able to ride trails/swamps... no hills or anything technical for a while... as I will be riding single handed ;)

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I know I know lol but a girl can dream can't she ;) I was inquiring on behalf of others since I am out for at least a couple more weeks. Guess I'll encourage them to go north after all :)

I go in tomorrow to ~ ~ hopefully ~ ~ get this full arm cast removed and get a new fancy-shmancy short cast. It will be hard to resist the temptation of riding once I have that one - - but at very best, I will only be able to ride trails/swamps... no hills or anything technical for a while... as I will be riding single handed ;)

sure ya can..just like I told tim..we will put the brake and throttle both on the same side for ya.....heal up..lots of riding yet this season

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
Believe it or not...my old neighbors friend rode with one hand. His right arm was paralyzed from a sled/moose incident. He had his throttle on the brake side and could hang with us wherever we went. He would even catch a little air now and then. It was pretty impressive to say the least. He used to start his sled (04 rev) by wedging the clip from the dess cord into the throttle block and pulling with the good arm. Once he had it wedged just a little too far...whoops!

Anyways, its possible, just have to want it bad enough...:)

Joe

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
www.backcountryrebles.com
We tried to go up snug today, but turned around when we met someone coming out at about 11 am. Said it was pure ice. He said they only made it a half mile past the parking lot, but he also said it took 2.5 hours. :confused:

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
primrose

We made it up primose with a little effort. The snow was marginal and the visibilty was terrible. Good crashes, good laughs, and rode with friends.

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
hmm

Spring conditions. Barely any snow on the bottom half of trail. The snow is just set up, but we couldn't venture farther because of visibility and major crash with some custom handle bar bending. The trail was really beat up when we came down. Stopped three times because of overheating. I guess firemans and snug harbor are out for sure right now, so primrose is it. Still had a blast though. It sucks that I don't even have a hundred miles on the new sled.

A
Dec 24, 2007
soldotna alaska
Firemans was toast yesterday, we sent one sled up that was studded to check it out and it was a goat rope. About 9 people on the hill sliding back down and hitting other guys that were parked and waiting. We loaded back up and went in primrose. The trail was beat to crap, and we helped tug a few skis on sleds from another group. I dont know when guys are gonna learn that when you are not moving, holding the dang flipper on the bar is not gonna help you. They polished off a few sections but it was still easy to get in if you just hit the side of the trail in a few spots.

Snow up top SUCKED even worse than the visibility. The most "fresh" we found was about 3-4 inches, but it was snowing off and on. Radar is not looking good for more snow today, but you never know. It was better than sitting on the couch, but not by much. I would not make the drive for it again till we get alot more snow. Next timeI am gona fly up and do a little recon before I take the sleds.

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
Rode Primrose today. Ended up hand lining two of the 4 sleds up the two long slipery spots. I rode the last two up but not before I walked the entire length and carefully planned my route. It was absolutely brutal. Ended up bouncing off a stump and craking my tub. Coming down wasnt bad but you had to be really carefull in a few spots. The snow was HORRIBLE until you got up to about 3000 feet then it was actually pretty good. I have zero desire to do it again until we get some more snow.

IMG_0900.JPG IMG_0928.JPG P1030895.JPG

Last edited:
L

Letitsnow***907

Jan 9, 2008
Soldotna, Alaska
The nicest pictures of lost lake area I have seen all year! Nice to see the sun and a little frest snow! Sorry about your tub Brook!

We need some more snow***************************

bgreen776

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
Kenai, AK
The nicest pictures of lost lake area I have seen all year! Nice to see the sun and a little frest snow! Sorry about your tub Brook!

We need some more snow***************************

Hey Brook! where are we riding this weekend? Don't forget UFC.

Thanks Rob, Molly got some good ones this time. I'll try to upload more tonight.

I think I'm going to try to ride Snug this Saturday Doug. Call me.

Premium Features