• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Jaws Gen5 Turbo Pipe

F

firstkitty

Nov 18, 2011
North west territory
Looking at some differences between stock y
Slp y and jaws y today
Stock outlet is 2 3/8 ID and 2 3/16 runners
Slp is 2 7/16 and 2 3/16
Jaws is 2 9/16 and 2 3/8 and very straight .
Pipe inlet and outlets are substantially bigger than stock pipe also .

IMG_5873.jpeg IMG_5874.jpeg IMG_5875.jpeg

D
Dec 22, 2018
On an EFI sled a pipe can only affect air flow through the motor. It's hard to believe Doo had 20hp worth of excess fuel in their emissions friendly tune. Shoot, maybe there's 40! I trust the numbers out of DTR though.

We did dyno test few years back with Jaws pipe on stock 850 n.a. and gained 9hp. Stock silencer.

After that we did flash the ecu with custom tune my friend made for the pipe and tighter pump gas heads. Total gain was around 17hp, which was good. But that engine was a torque monster, strongest n.a. 2-stroke Ive ever ridden. And still using pump gas.

Would be interesting to do these same simple bolt on mods for the new Turbo R. Would be insane I bet.

Last edited:

Sleds R Fun

Premium Member
Dec 31, 2007
BC
Interesting podcast from Snowmobile Sessions EP92 “20 HP gains with Jaws Performance” Such a shame the mic wasn‘t working properly. The owner of this company is a beauty, he isn’t lying, a very modest and humble man.

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
The jaws pipe will flow way more air than a stock pipe . The turbo is getting the air into the engine faster now you got to get it out fast in my thoughts. Brp did an amazing job on the stock pipe but it is carried over from na 850 with some changes to the turbo end . They also have to meet emissions so the possibility of leaving hp on the table to meet emissions and sound levels is very likely .

What exhaust can do they claim these numbers with? Stock or one of the Jaws can?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F

firstkitty

Nov 18, 2011
North west territory
Frank if it doesn’t require weight we know what that means. 🤔I’ll report back it will take me some time to get a good evaluation of it need to put it through some different elevations and snow conditions. If it works I’ll report if it doesn’t I will too .

F
Oct 2, 2011
sask
Frank if it doesn’t require weight we know what that means. I’ll report back it will take me some time to get a good evaluation of it need to put it through some different elevations and snow conditions. If it works I’ll report if it doesn’t I will too .

Sounds good man

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
How come DTJim and Bikeman say a 165hp 850 turbo makes 172hp at 77~7800 rpms. BRP says 165 @ 79~8000. My buddy in Norway says 164~165hp like on 5, 850T'. What is the difference in measuring 165[brp] compared to others saying 172hp?
Another thing is, how come nobody reports less than 6500 rpms. Rarely see down to 6300, but mostly 6500 is the cut off. Nobody shows you the power from 3500~6500 rpms.

I trust what Rich says... SCROLL RIGHT TO 14:40 "smart people think they're smart". You can watch the vidya from the start, but the meat is right where he says "crazy canadians" about pipe temperature.

And from seeing supposed 15+hp pipes on Dmax's dyno
And from talking to my distributor in Norway who's run many 850s on the dyno...
I dont believe 20hp in real world environment. The flyweight grams are a mirror of your engine torque. IF you can pull X more grams, THEN you made more torque. A rule of thumb is if you pull 1 more gram, then you made about 5hp.

Last edited:

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
i haven't watched that guy's vids in awhile but i enjoyed them. people turn off their critical thinking skills when it comes to product marketing. if something is made and for sale, then the claims just have to be true!

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Jonsey] hey man, your clutching dont work
Wayne] no, the pipe dont work as advertised.

Jonsey] heyyyyy Reilly, i can't get Waynes clutching to work with your pipe
Reilly] Well, it worked for us
Jonsey] Waynes clutching?
Reilly] no, our pipe worked for us.
Jonsey] on what?
Reilly] on the dyno
Jonsey] who's run this pipe out in the snow?

****Click****

....and that's about par for the course eh...
skidoo 850 clutch kit ibackshift wayne.jpg

worx53

hotrodsledshop.com
Lifetime Membership
Jul 15, 2009
www.hotrodsledshop.com
We have jaws pipe tunes pump gas stage 1 at 216 and stsge 2 at 226 hp …. 91 octane ny pump gas that tested almost exactly 91…
Pipes in stock, tunes ready to go, clutching to match.

Premium Features