• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum Ride

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
I don't mind working on it to get things together, but can't be done alone. If ppl are willin to help < I have no problem heading it up.

so ---

T Day weekend >>? -- P Ville ?

Where for Xmas/New Years ? --- Turanagain ?

Where for MLK wkend in Jan? --- Eureka ?

Where for Presidents wkend in Feb? --- Valdez?

Where for St Pattys Wkend in March? --- Cantwell ?

April 8-12 - Arcitc Man -Summit

I havent rode in Pville or Cantwell so don't know when is the best time.

??????

Demon,

I am inquring with several places in town for lodging deals for the Former Pres. Weekend

I think it would be a good time to come down, usually the snow is good. there are several places to go. It's a trip that you would need a long weekend to enjoy all of it without driving more than riding.

If we get some input from the rest of the riders we can get a good idea on how many rooms/cabins needed.

What is everyones thoughts on the Feb ride?? I might even throw in a keg or two.:beer;:beer;

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
so is there a forum ride in pville on thanksgiving? i want to ride with all my "buddys" on snowest. haha. but seriously it would be fun to ride with all you guys.

T

Tookes

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage
I would throw in about Pville, as nice of a place it is to ride. If you have more that about 10 people in a group it gets a little crazy trying to keep track of everyone, the other riding locations are more open and not so many trees to get turned around in and and you don't have to ride so far to get back to the hills. IMO

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I am in for all the rides if I can get loose from work..just let me know when and where...mike

D
Jan 30, 2008
ANC, AK
www.myspcace.com
I talked with Paxson Lodge and Eureka Lodge yesterday. Paxson/Mclaren would love to have a snowest weekend other than arctic man week. Eureka lodge is in. They said give them a weekend and the will lock it in.

D
Jan 30, 2008
ANC, AK
www.myspcace.com
Spook - Our Valdez Rep -
See if you can lock in a hotel in for that weekend. That will sorta sponsor/cut us a deal thing. Also maybe see if the moose will let us us the banquet room and cut us a deal for dinner. just ideas -- what do you all think ???

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
it sounds good to me demon, hats off to you for doing all the legwork, used to run a mud club and I know how much time and energy these things take...so are any of these rides going to be geared for new/young riders as well?I know how tuff it is to arrange a good ride that fits everybody but I think it would be more fun getting the whole family out there..also think the boys playin would be alot of fun too....

Q
Feb 18, 2008
I think all the rides could be family base I do not ride as good as any one on this form but i will be with Demon every time. the whole idea is to get togather and ride togather but we can allways split in to groups and do it based on the skill of the rider and sled.

I
Nov 26, 2007
Cantwell is good for all skill levels too. Beginners can ride the trails/meadows while those of us without yammis hit the trees and we'll meet at the hills?

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
Spook - Our Valdez Rep -
See if you can lock in a hotel in for that weekend. That will sorta sponsor/cut us a deal thing. Also maybe see if the moose will let us us the banquet room and cut us a deal for dinner. just ideas -- what do you all think ???

Demon,

The individual I need to speak with for the cabins/rooms won't be back in the state till Dec. We only have an Elks club/Eagle club.. The Elks Would be the best, I will figure something out.

I will check on a few other hotels also, that way people will have a choice.:beer;:beer;

Premium Features