• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum Ride

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
I'm planning on being in petersville tday weekend. Who else is riding there? How do I get to the riding?

We'll be up there T Day weekend for sure. Most folks follow the road from the parking lots to get to the hills, however, there is a "back" way into the hills. I have tried it a couple of times but we lost our way each time. Maybe someone will guide us back next weekend.......;)

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
I am hoping to ride with some forum members over the T day holiday, Saturday works best for me, sounds like there will be a bunch of people there. Lets all do our best snow dance and hope for epic deep snow.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
I am hoping to ride with some forum members over the T day holiday, Saturday works best for me, sounds like there will be a bunch of people there. Lets all do our best snow dance and hope for epic deep snow.

snow is coming today and tomorrow..now how about a little sun..or at least no whiteout.....

Does anyone know how much snow is in the caribou hills? is there enough to ride or is it open? im still stuck in kenai with no truck or trailer would be willing to kick in for gas food etc, for a place on the trailer!!

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
figured you guys might be interested in the forecast for next weekend......
INCLUDING...TALKEETNA...WILLOW...CANTWELL
715 AM AKST SUN NOV 23 2008
.TODAY...SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION 2 TO 4 INCHES. HIGHS IN THE MID
TEENS TO LOWER 20S. LIGHT WINDS.
.TONIGHT...SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS 3 TO 6 INCHES...HEAVIEST WEST OF
THE PARKS HIGHWAY. LOWS IN THE TEENS. VARIABLE WIND 10 MPH.
.MONDAY...SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATIONS 3 TO 6 INCHES...HEAVIEST WEST OF
THE PARKS HIGHWAY. HIGHS IN THE 20S. VARIABLE WIND 10 MPH.
.MONDAY NIGHT...SNOW LIKELY. LOWS IN THE MID TEENS TO LOWER 20S.
VARIABLE WIND 10 MPH.
.TUESDAY...CLOUDY WITH SCATTERED SNOW SHOWERS. HIGHS IN THE MID
20S TO LOWER 30S. VARIABLE WIND 10 MPH.
.TUESDAY NIGHT AND WEDNESDAY...CLOUDY WITH SCATTERED SNOW
SHOWERS. LOWS IN THE TEENS. HIGHS IN THE UPPER TEENS TO MID 20S.
.WEDNESDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 5 BELOW TO 5 ABOVE.
.THANKSGIVING DAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE MID TEENS TO
LOWER 20S.
.THURSDAY NIGHT AND FRIDAY...CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW. LOWS
ZERO TO 10 ABOVE. HIGHS IN THE UPPER TEENS TO MID 20S.
.FRIDAY NIGHT...CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW. LOWS 5 TO 15 ABOVE.
.SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW. HIGHS IN THE
UPPER TEENS TO MID 20S.

R

rev440alaska

Sep 19, 2008
Cheyenne wy
Does anyone know how much snow is in the caribou hills? is there enough to ride or is it open? im still stuck in kenai with no truck or trailer would be willing to kick in for gas food etc, for a place on the trailer!!

the hills have enough snow to ride on the trails now. theres about fifteen inches at 4 corners. now that we just got another 4 inches that should help out a little on the trails.

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
figured you guys might be interested in the forecast for next weekend......
INCLUDING...TALKEETNA...WILLOW...CANTWELL
.SATURDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF SNOW. HIGHS IN THE
UPPER TEENS TO MID 20S

boy, i hope that changes to clear skies, lol. Ill be there Sat either way or Eureka..

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
The hubby and I will be hitting Petersville this Saturday, hopefully leaving the parking lot by 9am. Anyone else going to be there this weekend?

yea, akhockey, akhunter 75 and some others will be up on saturday(but we are talking about going in at mp121...

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
We were thinking mi.121 Sat. also. What time are you planning to meet at the lot.....
Havent heard yet but would guess around 9 am...first time going that way for me, and I have never been past the peters hills anyway so is all new to me...watch for andrew(akhockey10) to get on here today..he will know the times...

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Sounds good, Snow is supposed to be excellant at 121. Im going to try to get SewellGT to bring up his Nytro MTX if he's off the slope.....

Premium Features