• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum Ride

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
Valdez Update!!

I have spoken to the owner of the Totem Inn and Resturant.

He said he would love for everyone to show up. He quoted me a price for rooms:

$50.00 for a single
$60.00 for a double

It's the only place in town that serves breakfast. They have a bar and rest. so you don't have to worry about going to far.

He also said he would offer up his shop if you wanted to store your sleds.

I spoke to Marty Mobley about two weeks ago and he will be working in the new Polaris shop here. So if you need some spare stuff/race fuel. what not they will be here.

And as always I have a garage. it's not much but "my dad is a TV repair man" so we can fix anything.

Start chimming in and lets make this happen.

I will take Fri-Mon off. I hope my wife doesn't pop by then, and I will be ready to go..:beer;:beer;

Call Mike Williams Directly at the Totem. His number is:

907-835-4443
mike@toteminn.com

Let him know It's for the 4m ride.

I will keep you posted. Hope this helps.

Spook

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
4m Ride Valdez

The dates are Former Pres weekend.. 13-16 Feb.

Hope to see you here:beer;:beer;

If the weather sucks it's poker and beer...

We have so many places to choose from. One spot might be better than the other one one day from the next.

A
Apr 30, 2008
Anch, AK
just courious what riding ability is welcome and who as well also what are the driving arrangements to Val. I would love to go but I ride a shorty race chassis and probaly wouldnot be the best in a crowd of long trackers but I can still get around in the mountains it just takes a little more effort.

A
Nov 26, 2007
ANC, AK
HMMMMM! 4 Place trailer, $45 each for truck fuel, $50 for sled gas, $90 for 3 days lodging (double Occ)= $185 each + Drinks :beer;:beer;and a little food?? Sounds like fun!

How many can the motel hold?

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
just courious what riding ability is welcome and who as well also what are the driving arrangements to Val. I would love to go but I ride a shorty race chassis and probaly wouldnot be the best in a crowd of long trackers but I can still get around in the mountains it just takes a little more effort.

They can get Crazy amounts of snow for sure! But there are times you can get around lots of places on shorty's. Just depends on how set up the snow is at the time and how much (deep) fresh snow there is. Problem is there is no way of telling that right now. If you have never been, this might be the time to go. Valdez imho is one of the best places to ride in AK and the world....And don't worry, you wont be the only one that wont be able to keep up with the guys that ride there....I sat at the top of one hill a couple years ago following Doug & Johnny all over. That was a humble Prayer of "Yes God, I know I'm an idiot for following these guys up some of these shoots....but please help me get down from here without a parachute, helicopter or being filmed on "crash-man down"....then I looked over at the next hill and seen more guys "PrayN":D
Really, you'll be fine, you shouldn't ride past your sleds ability's anywhere you go....now if I could just listen to my own words:rolleyes:

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
The nice thing about the riding here is most places we go, most anyone can go. If you wish to climb Big chutes go for it. If you want to play in the bowls it's there also.

Bring a camera, water, and ALL AVY gear.

If the weather is crappy in town, we can go to the pass. If the weather is crappy near town, we go to the pass. If the weather sucks all over, We go to the BAR:beer;:beer;

Premium Features