• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum Ride

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
Take lots of pics guys & gals... I'll be sitting out this forum ride :( :( I'm out until about the first of March (if not longer) broke both bones in my left forearm Dec 27th at Turnagain. Hope you guys have amazing pow and bluebird skies (with warmer temps LOL)

R
Nov 23, 2001
Sterling, AK
Take lots of pics guys & gals... I'll be sitting out this forum ride :( :( I'm out until about the first of March (if not longer) broke both bones in my left forearm Dec 27th at Turnagain. Hope you guys have amazing pow and bluebird skies (with warmer temps LOL)

Dang, how did you manage that? Bad time of the year to break bones by the way!:o

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
Dang, how did you manage that? Bad time of the year to break bones by the way!:o

Haven't missed any good riding yet ;)

Sooooooo... I could say that I hit a gnarly 100 foot kicker and cased bad on the landing, then got thrown another 50 feet ~ but it wasn't nearly that exciting LOL I've been telling people to make up something... anything would be more interesting than what actually happened. I was just retarded and didn't hold on to the bars tight enough when I needed to.

I hit a rut/trench on the front side (15 minutes into the ride) - at the base of the mountain, just before the first bench. I got bucked off and fell backwards 20 feet downhill from the sled... thought it was going to come back down on me - so I scurried to the right to get out of the way... and the sled just happened to turn (following me) and nailed my arm. Rode the brutal mile back the truck and off to the ER. At least it happened on the front side.

Reactions: the_dougdangerak

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Haven't missed any good riding yet ;)

Sooooooo... I could say that I hit a gnarly 100 foot kicker and cased bad on the landing, then got thrown another 50 feet ~ but it wasn't nearly that exciting LOL I've been telling people to make up something... anything would be more interesting than what actually happened. I was just retarded and didn't hold on to the bars tight enough when I needed to.

I hit a rut/trench on the front side (15 minutes into the ride) - at the base of the mountain, just before the first bench. I got bucked off and fell backwards 20 feet downhill from the sled... thought it was going to come back down on me - so I scurried to the right to get out of the way... and the sled just happened to turn (following me) and nailed my arm. Rode the brutal mile back the truck and off to the ER. At least it happened on the front side.

sorry to hear you got hurt ...really sucks you will miss so much riding..but hang in there...

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
Blondz..

That sucks.. But at least the good riding is still to come. Give Doug a call you guys can come down and take pics.. I don't think his sled will be together by then.

He can ride your sled, and take you all over the place.:beer;:beer;

D
Jan 30, 2008
ANC, AK
www.myspcace.com
Ill get my crew from delta together and pencil us in for Valdez. Hopefully this year I wont dis-locate my shoulder 3 miles back in... Avy gear is must!!!!!! I have not let guys ride with us bc he didn't have a beacon. it was mean, but the following weekend he had one.

R
Nov 23, 2001
Sterling, AK
It's confirmed...Ridgerat & crew will be there Friday morning! 4 of us coming so far. I'll be calling the Totem later this morning to make reservations. :beer;

Dash, my trailer is full right now, but if that changes I'll let ya know ASAP. If not, lets convoy on down!

Last edited:
T
You know spook, for a guy who is going to let me race his sled, you are just plain mean,lol. But your an OLD yammi rider, so i'll let it slide. I'm talking with the wife, she likes the idea of going this year. Hopefully we can get time off from work.

It's confirmed...Ridgerat & crew will be there Friday morning! 4 of us coming so far. I'll be calling the Totem later this morning to make reservations. :beer;

Dash, my trailer is full right now, but if that changes I'll let ya know ASAP. If not, lets convoy on down!

No prob. We will have another 4 place trailer as well. We are thinking about leaving the Valley on Thursday after work so we can get 3 days of riding.

When are you leaving?

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
You know spook, for a guy who is going to let me race his sled, you are just plain mean,lol. But your an OLD yammi rider, so i'll let it slide. I'm talking with the wife, she likes the idea of going this year. Hopefully we can get time off from work.

Doug,

If you want to race the sled.. Have at it. I owe you 5 gal. of gas anyway. Might as well burn it up in the sled?

I will be bringing up the RV again this winter for the climbs. I don't think my wife will be staying up there with the new one?? I also purchased a 14' box van for the glass shop so I might bring that up, you would just need a propane heater.

Either way I am sure we could accomidate you easily.:beer;:beer;

R
Nov 23, 2001
Sterling, AK
No prob. We will have another 4 place trailer as well. We are thinking about leaving the Valley on Thursday after work so we can get 3 days of riding.

When are you leaving?

Thinking about heading down Thursday also. How long of a drive is it? In 33 years of living here, I've never been there yet!

LiveAlaska

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2008
Work????????

Thinking about heading down Thursday also. How long of a drive is it? In 33 years of living here, I've never been there yet!

Hey Rr, thought you were at work but I always find you on here:face-icon-small-sho It's about 270 miles down to Valdez. Figure a little over 5 hours driving time pulling your trailer less of course the roads are crap. I make the drive all the time in 4 and a half hours:):face-icon-small-coo Sounds like it's gonna be a great time weather permitting.:sun: If I end up working down there that week will be sure to haul my sleds.:D Riding has been grand up in Hatchers, rode Bald Mtn on Saturday and dropped down into Hatchers. Found a couple nice slopes on the backside totally untouched with bottomless powder.:face-icon-small-ton

R
Nov 23, 2001
Sterling, AK
Hey Rr, thought you were at work but I always find you on here:face-icon-small-sho It's about 270 miles down to Valdez. Figure a little over 5 hours driving time pulling your trailer less of course the roads are crap. I make the drive all the time in 4 and a half hours:):face-icon-small-coo Sounds like it's gonna be a great time weather permitting.:sun: If I end up working down there that week will be sure to haul my sleds.:D Riding has been grand up in Hatchers, rode Bald Mtn on Saturday and dropped down into Hatchers. Found a couple nice slopes on the backside totally untouched with bottomless powder.:face-icon-small-ton

Did I say I was gone working for two weeks, or that I was gone TO work for two weeks?

Besides I don't smoke, so I get 4M breaks every hour instead!:face-icon-small-hap

Oh and thanks for the answer!

S
Nov 26, 2007
North Pole , Alaska
Hey Spook,
Doug is going to need you to order the Zollinger front end and new Cat track for your sled if he is going to race it in April, He will need all the help he can get. I am going to try to make it down for the ride in feb. I will see if i can get Scott to come down as well. Which turbo did you put on your sled ?
Stanley

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Hey Spook,
Doug is going to need you to order the Zollinger front end and new Cat track for your sled if he is going to race it in April, He will need all the help he can get. I am going to try to make it down for the ride in feb. I will see if i can get Scott to come down as well. Which turbo did you put on your sled ?
Stanley

Hey Spook,
If you are going to go through all that work and expense to try to get your sled to the winners circle, you might ask John to pilot it instead of Dougy:D

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Hey Spook,
If you are going to go through all that work and expense to try to get your sled to the winners circle, you might ask John to pilot it instead of Dougy:D

LMAO.........besides dougy seems to do better riding the old ladies sled anyway.....

Premium Features