• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum Ride

D
Jan 30, 2008
ANC, AK
www.myspcace.com
If we do a ride in Valdez someone should contact one of the hotels and see if they will cut us a group rate and/or sponsor a "Valdez 08-09 Snowest Ride", this is something we could do around the state. It might be a good idea if we get off the ground and running to email "snowest" they might just show up.
I would help with doing Logitics for a ride in Summit, Valdez and Eureka. Anyone else up for puttin this all together pm me.

D
Jan 30, 2008
ANC, AK
www.myspcace.com
I don't mind working on it to get things together, but can't be done alone. If ppl are willin to help < I have no problem heading it up.

so ---

T Day weekend >>? -- P Ville ?

Where for Xmas/New Years ? --- Turanagain ?

Where for MLK wkend in Jan? --- Eureka ?

Where for Presidents wkend in Feb? --- Valdez?

Where for St Pattys Wkend in March? --- Cantwell ?

April 8-12 - Arcitc Man -Summit

I havent rode in Pville or Cantwell so don't know when is the best time.

??????

Last edited:
C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
Its just me here, but I would rather spend time with my family on holiday weekends. I really like you guys a lot (most anyways), but I want to spend quality time with the "non-internet" family.

She is not really a big rider, and my daughter is too young to ride around with....soooo

Anybody else? or am I the only one????

I
Nov 26, 2007
I won't go riding on Xmas day, or Thanksgiving day, but have no problems going on the weekend. I doubt anyone feels compelled to stay home with the family on MLK day and most people get an extra day off, so that might be a good time for a forum ride. It also doesn't have to be a holiday weekend if it's a central location (cantwell) where no one would have a problem doing a day ride or overnighter.

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
I dont mind the other days so much, its mainly the big 2 that mean the most to me. We'll see, maybe Ill be tired of her $%^ by then and want to get out of the house :)

Last edited:
I
Nov 26, 2007
haha, another reason for multiple rides is to accomodate everyones schedule. ie, everyone can make atleast one ride but maybe not all.

Q
Feb 18, 2008
I will help Demon as much as possable since where he gos im with him but I have not rode any were on the parks hwy but i the summer but that is a diffrent game all to gather the east side of alaska we can do but not the west side we need some one for over there

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
Its just me here, but I would rather spend time with my family on holiday weekends. I really like you guys a lot (most anyways), but I want to spend quality time with the "non-internet" family.

She is not really a big rider, and my daughter is too young to ride around with....soooo

Anybody else? or am I the only one????

Judging by the amount of times youve not been able to go mid week and normal weekends due to family projects, you should be in the clear for ALL of those dates Joe...I think what it boils down to is your woman literally owns you...haha j/k man

B

bigcat_ak

Nov 27, 2007
North Pole Alaska
Demon- I wish you all the luck in the world trying to organize these rides. I will make as many as I can. Fact is is you have it planned for Cantwell and it snows in Eureka you'll be in Cantwell by your self. :(:confused:SORRY!! Just the way it is. Been there - Done that.:face-icon-small-dis

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
Stewart...I knew you were going to say that. I gotta spend the time when it counts...and I swear mama lives for holidays. When mama is happy, everyone is happy.

J
Dec 1, 2007
Reagle Liver
Stewart...I knew you were going to say that. I gotta spend the time when it counts...and I swear mama lives for holidays. When mama is happy, everyone is happy.

and that's when i'm really happy!! when your mommas' happy!!!!
hard to beat running out of gas with stewart at -16 degrees in eureka though!

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
and that's when i'm really happy!! when your mommas' happy!!!!
hard to beat running out of gas with stewart at -16 degrees in eureka though!

We both ran out on our own sleds within a few hundred feet of each other...first time Ive got to sit by a fire in the backcountry from a sledding mishap, lol

JJ is a fantastic spooning partner, nice warm fat rolls to squeeze up against...not sure if anyone knew that either...

Premium Features