• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum Ride

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Is it too soon to start planning one? Anyone up for multiple rides/locations through out the season? It seems not everyone can make it on the same date and the only forum ride I've been on was too much fun to only do once a year.

Multiple rides is a great idea. Work schedules, previous commitments, and ride locations can limit opportunities to meet other forum members. The pictures and stories from the Eureka get together last year were a hoot!

A
Mar 13, 2008
anchorage
hatchers willow side would be fun thanksgiving weekend~my nephews live in palmer and thats where i do thanksgiving and usually go out to hatchers that weekend anyway...so that would work for me!

S

SnowFlinger

Jan 9, 2008
Anchorage
www.myspace.com
I'm in for a forum ride.

Someone should carve out a solid date and place for our calenders. Take me to your leader. Just name the time and the place and I'll try to go. Have met some cool people from the forum, and sure would like to network with more riders. Two forum rides would be great also, so the slope rs don't miss out. One ride for the southern folk around Anchorage and Kenai, and another for the northern folks around Anchorage and Fairbanks. Valdez area sounds real good also... heck, I think it would be a real treat for a lot of people.....I never have rode the Thompson Pass-Valdez area, here it's awesome. The link below says that there has been a total snowfall of 54" above 4000' (as of 10/26).

http://www.thompsonpass.com/pages/ski_report.html

Just another thought, maybe a small forum ride for the kids. I think it would be a good memory maker for them.....What do you guys think?

Wahoooo...winter is here!!!!

L

LADYREV800

Dec 1, 2007
MT2AK
I think a forum ride would be a great idea. Give us newcomers to Alaska a chance to meet some fellow sledheads and get to know the riding areas.

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
Are we talking t-day or t-day weekend? My crew can't make it on the day(too much turkey to eat) but might be able to do it that weekend...

Good question. I really dont care but, I think more people could make it on that weekend?

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
hatchers willow side would be fun thanksgiving weekend~my nephews live in palmer and thats where i do thanksgiving and usually go out to hatchers that weekend anyway...so that would work for me!

If we want to pick a few different area to have these rides this year and your not sure what might work go to my post "Directions to favorite Alaska riding areas" and look up the areas we are talking about. Some people mentioned the Willow side of Hatcher Pass for example. Scroll down to "Parks Highway riding areas" then down until you see Willow side of Hatchers Pass: Black Mountain Inn: AKA the Last Chance Coffee house, mile 71, trn right, go 16 miles on Willow Fishhook. 907-232-8643 http://www.blackmtninn.com/ or Email blackmountaininn@hotmail.com 4 wheeling, berry picking. http://www.dnr.state.ak.us/parks/asp/hpsnowreport.pdf

I called them today, and they said there lodge is open & would welcome us going there sometime this year. If we set it up, he will groom the trail to the powder & hills. (good mix of riding for everyone).

I am open to where we go, but we need to consider a place that can lodge people coming from Fairbanks, Kenai etc...

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
I called them today, and they said there lodge is open & would welcome us going there sometime this year. If we set it up, he will groom the trail to the powder & hills. (good mix of riding for everyone).

I am open to where we go, but we need to consider a place that can lodge people coming from Fairbanks, Kenai etc...

I didn't even think of that... but your right.

And i'm down for forum rides... nvr made it to one but they look/sound fun. I am in.

It would be great to come up with 3-4 rides throughout the season. The only problem i see with that is weather. I personally follow the snow as long as the weather isn't whiteout, I think i speak for many people in that aspect. Maybe someone could come up with 3-4 different scheduled rides with a primary ride spot - and also a secondary, both being located semi close so people who have to travel can plan their trip accordingly and still conveniently ride regardless of primary/secondary location(ex. petersville/hatchers)!?

1. Set dates (late nov, jan, march, late spring ride?)
2. Ride location/backup
3. What flavor beer is the best(or soda for our underage) :beer;
4. Who is most likely to break a chaincase
5. Who is most likely to carry the most extra parts

I wonder if we came up with dates if an admin or someone else could set up a vote for locations? I could set one up for people using outlook as their email application.... ? Just an idea.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
I'm in.. I have never been anywhere else. other than Hatchers back in 97.

A lodge thing would be nice for the people who travel. I guess I could spoon with DangerDoug??? Unless he brings his wife.:beer;:beer;

Valdez has lodging in town. I am not sure about up at 40 mile they are usually packed with heli-skiers. I could snoop around.

They have great food, and BEER.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
I'd be in for a seward ride...but I don't think the trail up will be fun with that many sleds on it

I know your thinking of firemans trail, there is another way up that is alot easier for beginners like you.

I
Nov 26, 2007
I know your thinking of firemans trail, there is another way up that is alot easier for beginners like you.

Hahaha gooder...ready for another shoot out? I have an RMK again and I'm willing to bet a couple beers you won't see the front of it until we're back at the truck

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
Hahaha gooder...ready for another shoot out? I have an RMK again and I'm willing to bet a couple beers you won't see the front of it until we're back at the truck

I wont be able to see the front of it because you will be to far behind, just like the last races we had:beer;

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
for the t-day weekend ride, personally I think it should be Willow Crashers or Petersville, since it will be an early ride.. BUT, that is just me talking, thats just me..

then the next rides have them where ever ...

Last edited:
Premium Features