• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum Ride

S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
Sorry to those who could not make it to Valdez..

Dash you are the only one with a camera that weekend. I was to busy trying to keep up with the big sleds.. My poor 7 hundo is strugling to make a show.

Jason.. Any time you want to ride come on down.

I feel bad for you all that came down to ride. I know I had no control over the weather, but I think you all deserve a big thank you for your efforts..

Next time we will go to the big hills and play.

Spring is always a good time to ride here. And the businesses love to have you. And so do I..

Dash enjoy the beaches and warmth.. :beer;:beer;

M
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks
Valdez%2009%20forum%20ride
[/URL] [/IMG]

Pics of the Green sled stuck on the Hill are of Craig Woods, Orange M7 climbing is Spook, Guy dropping off the rock is Nick, Picture of the truck is the snowfall depth in Valdez over one day, and the overcast picture shows why we didnt ride on Sunday-Monday. Sorry it took so long to add pics. Did you get any good video Spook? I havent been able to download any of my video yet.

Last edited:
S
Nov 28, 2007
Valdez Alaska
Valdez%2009%20forum%20ride
[/URL] [/IMG]

Pics of the Green sled stuck on the Hill are of Craig Woods, Orange M7 climbing is Spook, Guy dropping off the rock is Nick, Picture of the truck is the snowfall depth in Valdez over one day, and the overcast picture shows why we didnt ride on Sunday-Monday. Sorry it took so long to add pics. Did you get any good video Spook? I havent been able to download any of my video yet.

Jason,
I did get some decent video. I just have to figure out how to put it on here.

The pictures you posted look good as well as the video.:beer;:beer;

Jason, nice photos! Too bad that pictures never do a justice to the real experience, to the steepness of a slope, the size of a drop or the beauty of a mountains.....

Spook, any new babies yet?

I guess Nick and I were the only people who did not waste that last day in Valdez, uh? We rode the trails after dark, made it to Valdez glacier, half way up Hogback and watched the lights come and go in a fog....

My goal is to ride Valdez again this winter/spring, next time I will be a bit braver, hahaha...

M
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks
My goal is to ride Valdez again this winter/spring, next time I will be a bit braver, hahaha...
Dash-So should we plan on seeing you at the hillclimbs then?
Spook-It sure is a lot easier to run the camcorder then to figure out these computers isnt it. Just a hint though, do your editing and posting on a Mac, I tend to borrow my wifes computer anytime pictures or video are involved.

MIdge907, I am leaving for 3 weeks, be back on 3/18. I would like to find somebody in Valdez who wants to do longer rides, like to Cordova or to Eureka or both.... That's my goal and it's very weather dependent (yeah, and husband dependent as well...)
You guys are going, right? I will keep you posted....
D.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks
MIdge907, I am leaving for 3 weeks, be back on 3/18. I would like to find somebody in Valdez who wants to do longer rides, like to Cordova or to Eureka or both.... That's my goal and it's very weather dependent (yeah, and husband dependent as well...)
D.

Yeah we kind of make it one of our annual trips. As for your long trip to Eureka or Cordova-your just an adventure nut. I rode summit yesterday and it was awesome, didnt go any farther then two miles off the road.

A

ak m8

Dec 3, 2007
Chugiak, AK
D.
I am in. I just need some notice so I can take off if it is my weekend to work. I have never been to eighter place, so it would be a blast.

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
I'll be heading back to valdez again probably the weekend of the 6th, leaving thurs night riding friday and sat then coming back on sun if anyone wants to ride. If it doesn't work out that weekend for sure the following. My sled is already down there so I wont be pulling a trailer but I can if somebody wants to.

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River
hmmmmmmmmm..... after seeing the pics in the other thread ~ ~ ~ you really might have to twist my arm to get me there... on second thought - don't - it is still fragile lol

you guys overnighting there?

I
Nov 26, 2007
hmmmmmmmmm..... after seeing the pics in the other thread ~ ~ ~ you really might have to twist my arm to get me there... on second thought - don't - it is still fragile lol

you guys overnighting there?

I am...2 days means twice as much fun... And everyone who went home saturday on the eureka ride not only missed out on much better riding sunday they also missed the dancing saturday night :D

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
I am...2 days means twice as much fun... And everyone who went home saturday on the eureka ride not only missed out on much better riding sunday they also missed the dancing saturday night :D

Caleb wasnt there was he:D

B
Feb 12, 2006
Eagle River

nooooooo.... I didn't "miss" the dancing (saw the youtube) :) love ya Caleb and for the record - we came back for day two - just missed the forum group

keep me posted on the details for Cantwell :)

Premium Features