• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum Ride

D

DVarmit

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 11, 2008
Alaska
Well, I am in and I hope grandpa's shoulder is better so he can pull ski's and someone brings a snobunje... :D

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
The backwoods is booked up with nothing left available and the Cantwell lodge doesn't open for another week. Dunno if we could book enough rooms to get them to open early or not but we'll see. Try this number for Cantwell lodge the cafe opens at 5 Thurs thru Sun. 907-768-2300

Last edited:

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
The backwoods is booked up with nothing left available and the Cantwell lodge doesn't open for another week. Dunno if we could book enough rooms to get them to open early or not but we'll see. Try this number for Cantwell lodge the cafe opens at 5 Thurs thru Sun. 907-768-2300

I got ahold of the cantwell lodge today..no rooms available(closed) till last weekend of the month....

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I am putting the camper on the truck too. I am going to head down Fri night. I will be parked @ 191 or the pull off on the Anchorage side of the Igloo. Black GMC w/ a camper & a black chevy Duramax. See ya there.

I'll probably pull in along side of you on Saturday with a red ford crewcab with a 4place open with 5 on it! See ya then.

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
Any good places for a couple RV's to park together that you know of Mag?

Alot of room at the tower just before the igloo alot of rv's park there to ride, 191 is good to but not as much room. MP 180 at the lake near hurricane gulch may be the best bet if they don't get any snow this week.

D

D808

Jan 12, 2008
Peters Creek, Alaska
Cantwell Forum ride

I just called the lodge at 907-768-2300 and the guy told me that if enough
people came up they might open up the rooms. He said he would have to talk
to someone about and he would be around till 12pm and would need someone
as a contact. I cant be the contact as I leave for out of state in the am
and wont be back till late friday. Is anyone up for it? I'm good for a room with
two singles. 242-4074:D:beer;:beer;

S

shwee

Jan 8, 2008
Fairbanks, Alaska
I just called the lodge at 907-768-2300 and the guy told me that if enough
people came up they might open up the rooms. He said he would have to talk
to someone about and he would be around till 12pm and would need someone
as a contact. I cant be the contact as I leave for out of state in the am
and wont be back till late friday. Is anyone up for it? I'm good for a room with
two singles. 242-4074:D:beer;:beer;

I begged that guy last night and got nowhere! :confused::confused:

Mag and I just got the last cabin at the Backwoods.

D

D808

Jan 12, 2008
Peters Creek, Alaska
forum ride

Sorry about that he sure talked a differet story to me, they must be to rich or have recieve their stimeee package from feds already.:confused:

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
Dude you know we are going to bring the camper. The wall tent is for getting drunk or it could be used as the sled shop to keep them nice and toasty. Either way the AK style will be there.

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
Well guys, I hate to say this but we are bailing out of the forum ride. Just something about 2' of fresh powder an hour from from home rather than a 9 hr drive to the windblown hard stuff. I/we were looking forward to this, I even have the camper on and loaded! But with the new snow here, we just have to stay and tear it up. We'll be at A-man and will see many of you there.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Well guys, I hate to say this but we are bailing out of the forum ride. Just something about 2' of fresh powder an hour from from home rather than a 9 hr drive to the windblown hard stuff. I/we were looking forward to this, I even have the camper on and loaded! But with the new snow here, we just have to stay and tear it up. We'll be at A-man and will see many of you there.

I am with tim on this one as well guys..(in fact..thats where I am going)...guys all have a great ride and be safe....

Premium Features