• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Climate change

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
I guess climate change is legit!

It has DEFINITELY changed around here since last year at this time :)

Hoping this is an indicator of what this coming winter might look like !! (y) ?

1654441289386.png

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I'm calling BS , since when does starting and stopping an engine become less toxic than an idling engine. This so called technology does absolutely nothing of value to the climate or the pocket.

An engine dropping cylinders is also a joke , it is constantly hunting . Transmission is hunting , cylinders pick back up gears drop cylinders drop tranny drops gears cylinders pick back up etc.etc. Common sense , logic is gone.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
This is how you lead the people by the hog ring. I looked up when was the last time the earth shifted on it's axis and this is what I got and had to put a bit more effort into finding the follow ups.

The last time a tilt of 12 degrees was recorded was about 84 million years ago when dinosaurs ruled the Earth, scientists claim. A similar tilt is currently underway on Earth, caused as a direct consequence of climate change, a study from April found. Now, there is evidence of Earth's axis movement in the past.Oct 21, 2021

Really ???? I call BULLSHIT , they don't always lie they just don't tell you the facts, compliments of CNN.

How about this ?

They seem to forget to mention that there are also glaciers that are growing .

It's like the migration pattern of birds , they still fly the same routes , it's the earth that's changed.

IDspud

forum potato expert
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
This reminds me of a food safety meeting I attended years back.
The govt told us we had to have port potty’s placed every 300 yards for workers during harvest.
BUT no potty’s allowed in field.
You wouldn’t believe how long it took to explain to the presenter that we have fields several square miles….
Finally a farmer from the audience jumped up, took a yard stick and drew him a scaled map on the board.
Guy responded that’s not his problem, it’s our responsibility to comply or not be safety certified.
Meeting Over

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
"I would say that question has a 2 fold answer …..

1 - Bottom-end
2 - Top-end"

If so, the bottom ends of the 850 were fixed for 2020 so the 850's in your shop must be mostly high milage 19's, I assume?

I can accept that. The 900's will have a proven (fixed) bottom-end, it will be pistons that will be questionable if they will survive. I did hear form a good source that it took Polaris 3 piston designs before they found the design that held up. You predict an epic failure of this motor. If you are right, what can be done to it to make it right?

Longer stroke?, heavier flywheel? Both reduce accelleration.

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
Does Shell get oil from Russia?
London-based Shell, the world's largest oil trader, nevertheless continued to accept products with under 50% of fuel from Russia, based on clauses in its trading contracts.Apr 27, 2022

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
LE :

In what ways has Biden stifled oil production?
I know that he has shut down a pipeline. Not sure of the fallout from that?
And of course not taking any from Russia, which is really just a drop in the bucket anyway. (for "our" imports, but plays a roll on the world market if no-one takes it)
Is there anything else?
* note that I am not saying that he hasn't. IDK.
But I doo know that everyone points fingers in the same direction as the first person - not knowing exactly what the actual reason is.
So I am asking.
ESPECIALLY here in the days of miss information / memes!

You are spreading the news, so I would like to think that you can answer these questions in a reasonable way.
???

Regardless if we produced all of our own oil here north of the Rio (incl Canada) the price still floats on a global price schedule.
Wouldn't change the price (of crude) any.

But crude is $120/barrel currently (July futures anyhow). We were up to $140/barrel in the years after Katrina, and we never topped $4 gas/diesel here, but I seen that they were at $5 yesterday for gasoline. I didn't note, but I am sure that diesel is 15-20% higher. (for whatever reason?)
So I am not sure what drives the price to $5 @ $120, unless it is just doo to a weaker dollar (inflation) or simply b/c we are in the "up" mode and no-one really knows where the top is, but no-one wants to be too low right now.

If your man Trump was in office, AND he was dealing with this fiasco in Ukraine, doo you think that the price of oil globally wouldn't have jumped?
Now I will give you that the likelyhood of the Ukraine thing ever happening if Trump was still in office is remote for sure, but .. If he was dealing with this .... (???)

Last edited:

IDspud

forum potato expert
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Biden has gridlocked federal leases in paperwork or complete stop and that’s directly limited production.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
Quick search only seems to show that some "new" leases were not made. (new wells)
I don't find where any current production has been halted.
Doo you know of any in particular?

Of course halting new exploration will eventually mean lower production, but cheap oil prices does that every price cycle all on it;s own anyhow....

And what is interesting is that just the opposite seems to be the case.

But a quick research (I have to git some werk done too) on LE's propoganda piece above has produced mixed info.

Most links that I found stated that the US only has <5 yrs worth of our own oil if we went totally domestic.
And that the world stores are accepted to be in the 50 yr ballpark - per global useage.

The Peak oil page on Wiki didn't give any stats like that, but they did state that Peak Oil could possibly have been 2018, depending on where we go from here.
But they weren't expecting that.... Just that production dropped markedly per Wuhan Flu. And with the new push for "working from home", that will help to keep traffic down a bit?
I don't know... The jury is still out on that....

Also, the Peak Oil page did say that consumption has outpaced new finds ever since the early 80's.

BUT!

With those stats that I just posted, that sounded like we don't produce much of our own (<5 years?) and I thought that we ran much more than that would equate to.

So, looking up what we produce a day comes to 13M barrels/day, with consumption of 20M barrels.
(Nearly 2/3)

So, IDK how you would ever come to the 5 yr stat at those numbers....

????

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
And their experience is what exactly?
You've only said that paperwork has effected leases.
And that seems to go in hand with the first link stating that it was a Fed Judge in Louisiana somehow.
And apparently NOT what Biden was wanting - if I got the gist right?

Did this shut down producing wells?

Don't take me for a lefty either!
I just don't like the new fake news that has been pushed so much the last cpl years as gospel.

"I don't ask for much, the truth will doo just fine"

Last edited:

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
You know how the play on words has been such a big deal to some ? Read this rino's flyer out loud and emphasize clear energy , you don't really think this has anything to do with LNG or petro

1655007196374.png

Last edited:

IDspud

forum potato expert
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
Many of Their Existing leases have been shut down with no renewal in sight. If the Feds can find an excuse they block. Their current business is about 20 percent of normal, non sustainable.
New leases are seeing a give or take two year approval if at all.

Premium Features