• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cantwell

The Fourth Wolf

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2008
Anchorage, AK
Swimmachining

Me and a couple of partners rode up the Middle Fork Chulitna to (not quite) Caribou Pass.

We had to ride the creek which had sketchy ice in spots. I was third in line and made the mistake of not keeping my weight back and skis up. I was trying to pull right to avoid a bunch of boulders and broke through. The sled is high centered on a big rock and the right ski is wedged under ledge ice

After 45 mins or so of creative engineering we got it out.

Also, while we were up there we some a few moose including a small bull who lost an antler while I was watching him....pretty cool thing to witness

All in all a good day

M
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks
Me and a couple of partners rode up the Middle Fork Chulitna to (not quite) Caribou Pass.

We had to ride the creek which had sketchy ice in spots. I was third in line and made the mistake of not keeping my weight back and skis up. I was trying to pull right to avoid a bunch of boulders and broke through. The sled is high centered on a big rock and the right ski is wedged under ledge ice

After 45 mins or so of creative engineering we got it out.

Also, while we were up there we some a few moose including a small bull who lost an antler while I was watching him....pretty cool thing to witness

All in all a good day

Well appearntly you made it farther up the creek then us. We had one guy drop into the first creek crossing when you get out of the woods yesterday, after we got him out we went a little farther down and it was way to sketchy for us so we turned around. We must of been following your tracks in.

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
that's ok riding i guess

yeah i guess those pics are ok booddock... even though i wasn't riding i guess i survived the weekend...

pv

livin_the_high_life.JPG

P

pura vida

Nov 26, 2007
will have to check on the crown and rud bull...tonight maybe? will be back around the 15th of march. definitely getting some bottom time.

pv

I

I_boondock

Nov 6, 2001
Anchorage, AK
Update

Below zero, 25-30mph wind, snowing. Still found some good riding in the trees.:beer;

NHuffman03010801.jpg

NHuffman03010802.jpg

NHuffman03010805.jpg

NHuffman03010806.jpg

YZ426F

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Alaska
Rode the east fork today. It was -1 when we unloaded and 6 above when we headed home. Snow was good.
Thinking about going down next sunday.

Nov 27, 2007
Fairbanks, AK
Rode Cantwell toady rained all day snow is hard and crusty. Found a little snow to carve in but the warm temps and rain tore the snow up. Summit just got dumped on Black rapids just got about 3 feet of fresh snow at there training area. Looks like Summit is the place to go! See you there.

Premium Features