• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Cantwell

Cantwell mid-week?

With all the new snow the past few days I'm looking to make the trip Weds or Thurs.

I've got room for 2 sleds (1 in the truck and 1 on the trailer)

If anyone is interested I'm at 382-0211
-Erik

Highs in the teens to lowers 20's tomorrow TREEHUGGERS will be in Cantwell!! We will be down one team member! He can't ride due to the fact his brand new Arctic Crap won't start and he can't get it on the trailer. ha ha ha

RIC!
Rippin in Cantwell

Let it Snow!

Highs in the teens to lowers 20's tomorrow TREEHUGGERS will be in Cantwell!! We will be down one team member! He can't ride due to the fact his brand new Arctic Crap won't start and he can't get it on the trailer. ha ha ha

I know you miss me. Heading to hatchers. I am looking forward to the 25 minute drive, haha. Have fun in Cantwell suckers.

Heading up early in the AM.

Have a bud already there says the snow is good and the forecast is favorable...partly cloudy so no flat light (fingers crossed)

I'll be on a blue Edge RMK with a red skid & windshield. I'll be with a guy on a D8 who may or may not be cursing depending if he got his bog figgered out.

Say hi if you get the chance

Spin

We're gonna give it a shot too... definitely fingers crossed. Gonna put in at mile 186 and probably head west. :) :)

You might try going to the first pull out on the west immediatly after the igloo at mp189 and go east into broad pass. if you want to go west i think there is a AT&T or who evers cell tower they plow out around mp162-196 on the west side lots of room. Back that way is a long gully which is awsome for play. I have heard from FBX friends the snow is deep up there. Would like to hear how the conditions really are.

Gotta love spring riding...

:beer;:beer;
LHuffman02230801.jpg

LHuffman02230802.jpg

LHuffman02230803.jpg

LHuffman02230804.jpg

LHuffman02230805.jpg

LHuffman02230806.jpg

LHuffman02230807.jpg

Great pics, I_boondock!!! The shot on the ridgetop is spectacular and it certainly looks like the snow is decent enough. Looks like Cantwell is worth the drive.

What milepost did you start from and which direction did you head???

Cantwell was a blast today!!!! - was definitely spring riding conditions... was almost a bikini day... found some good pow (it was good but I wouldn't consider it epic ~ ~ sorry, got spoiled with epic pow at Lost Lake). It became a bit of an adventure as we went into a search and rescue mode. Still played a lot before and after plus had awesome bluebird conditions.

Found an abandoned sled at the base of a mountain and followed the guys foot prints to try and find him. Turns out his chain busted around noon and he hiked at least 11 miles back to the highway (got to the hwy at 4am). We met up with him and his buddy as they were on their way back in to retrieve the broken sled in the late afternoon. I am glad he was okay... but it got me thinking... #1 don't go riding in the back country alone (which I already knew and it was obvious that he was there alone from the day before as we were the first tracks in from today) #2 stay with your sled if it is in a safe place (especially coming into the weekend when others are sure to find you) that is if weather conditions are good #3 have appropriate tools and survival gear. Things could have easily turned out differently for him - I say he is quite fortunate.

Premium Features

Back