• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alaska Conditions and BSing Statewide

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
naw, i kicked the snow off it after i hit it with the summit..... i couldnt see it, till my ski was on the hood. nothing a lil fiberglass cant fix. im thinkin bout taking my raft and swim gear out tomaro night and bringin that peice back. -andy & mark

PS i rolled the summit over 2000miles, same motor woohoo. im knockin on wood too.
i put on 93miles in two days at the cabin. the swamps are a lil blown but found upto 5ft in the trees. buried the M and summit. good riding.- mark

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
when we left it was 30... but we went and chilled at a buddies cabin in nancy lake after and it was 40... and shnooking. the weathers been a steady 40 out there and ofcourse rainiing. the river was awesome though. plenty of powder to keep ya wet and one one open spot, i skipped it so if that tells ya how small it was.
o and it was ten below at nights and 20 during the day, till sunday it warmd up

C
Nov 26, 2007
dankorage
well, the dog fell thru the boards we had covering where i had re insulated sooooo im going back in the hole to put new boards in the bottom because she broke it outand the insulation fell out... yaay.. more itching

A

AKHark

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 19, 2008
Anchorage
Anyone know if its raining in Trapper Creek? Headin up to the cabin this weekend and might go to Petersville also. Hopefully its not raining to much up there.

W

Winter Project

Dec 3, 2007
Anchorage / Gwood
www.myspace.com
I'm in Arizona thawing out a bit. By the sounds of it, everyone up there is too. Sorry to hear the bad news, i will be back the last week of march... just enough time to prepare for Arctic Man. In the mean time i will be praying for enough snow for spring riding. Every1 becareful out there.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
No doubt on the huge warm spell after the 6weeks of cold which I didn't mind.

Now hopefully the weather is good enough to fly in today, going to Anchorage for a couple days, Andrew, I'll call you. Or call me, whatever. . . :beer; tonight.

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
you can give me a buzz, since i dont think i have your numba but, i'll be busy from about 6:30ish till about 8 tonight..so you may get my voicemail. fyi.

N

Nikolai

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Apr 17, 2002
Eagle River, AK
Looking to ride south tomorrow. Going with one other person(Maybe) but more would be nice. Not sure where, Turny and Placer seem like death wishes right now. Maybe Johnson Pass in the trees.

A
Nov 30, 2007
alaska
Good luck, I went yesterday and didnt even stop for placer. I couldnt belive how bad it was. There is snow in turny, but very wet and heavy. I would try Johnson

S
Jan 31, 2008
peters creek AK
good luck

was at Johnson pass today. it was raining pretty good the whole time. the snow is real wet and heavy. but get it now before it is gone. was hard to steer in the deep stuff it is so wet. the river has alot of overflow. if you stick it it is wet and ****ty getting out but real good traction!!! anyway if it ever gets cold before the snow is gone its all going to be a big ice cube!!:mad:

A

AkHockey10

Feb 9, 2006
Anchorage, Ak
was at Johnson pass today. it was raining pretty good the whole time. the snow is real wet and heavy. but get it now before it is gone. was hard to steer in the deep stuff it is so wet. the river has alot of overflow. if you stick it it is wet and ****ty getting out but real good traction!!! anyway if it ever gets cold before the snow is gone its all going to be a big ice cube!!:mad:

Bummer!! :mad:

looks like Pville is the victim then, for sat! but, it was raining in Talkeetna so hope that didnt effect the west side! hmmmmm

A

AKHark

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 19, 2008
Anchorage
Well Trapper Creek did get some rain. Im banking on that it was snowing at Petersville instead of rain.......hopefully. I might head up there Saturday.

Premium Features