• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Alaska Conditions and BSing Statewide

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
-22*F outside my house right now, hopefully not nutfreezing cold in the morning.

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
Snow advisory now in effect from 9 pm ast this evening until 10 am ast tuesday...

Today... Cloudy. Scattered snow showers. Highs in the teens. North wind 10 mph.

Tonight... Snow. Snow accumulation 4 to 8 inches. Lows 5 to 15 above. North wind 5 to 15 mph.

Tuesday... Snow in the morning...then a chance of snow in the afternoon. Snow accumulation 1 to 3 inches. Highs in the upper teens to mid 20s. Light winds.

Looks like we could get another 5-11" by tomorrow morning gotta love it, now all we need is for it to clear up so we can see it LOL

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, AK
Looked at the RWIS site and it looks like the turn off to Portage got just as much snow as we did, so I would say placer should be good, Turny has gotten some but doesn't look like it has gotten quite as much, but with the snow warning from 9PM tonight until 10AM tomorrow we can always hope. Looks like another system on its way too. This weekend should be awesome.

T
Nov 21, 2007
Wasilla Alaska
Looked at the RWIS site and it looks like the turn off to Portage got just as much snow as we did, so I would say placer should be good, Turny has gotten some but doesn't look like it has gotten quite as much, but with the snow warning from 9PM tonight until 10AM tomorrow we can always hope. Looks like another system on its way too. This weekend should be awesome.

C'mon Snow !!!

A

AKboondocker

Feb 4, 2006
Wasilla, Alaska
Haha

Lookie what we have here! Its a bulletproof, reliable Yammerhammer getting towed out by a Doo!!. Gotta love it. Got socked in bad up at hatchers so we packed up and rode Willow area. The Yamaha busted a driveshaft.

DSC00934-1.jpg

DSC00935-1.jpg

DSC00939-1.jpg

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
hey, at least it was close to the road. I didnt have to pull it too far.

imagine the suprise if you were out on that road, when JJ and chad went rippin by at 100...2 up style...chad clinging on for dear life...i bet it looked pretty funny. too bad you didnt get that on film. maybe they should run the irondog next year.

later

Joe

Premium Features