• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

858s hitting the line!!!

If we did, I stopped in today and talked to them, they said they just got some 165’s in yesterday but he looked up the info said mine wasn’t one of them. Said it should be soon though.

@Vern, Dealer by the IFA

Looking at these photos, the only thing I wonder about is the rear of the tunnel. The Matryx Slash tunnel is tapered, and a friend (who posts here) with a 9R says he can tell the difference that the tapered tunnel makes. I hope this doesn't become a drawback on the Catalyst.
Doubt it's a drawback. Catalyst tunnel looks to be a bit shorter than the Slash but my bet is that idler wheel size trumps all. We'll find out soon...

Sleds look good. Thinking those are vents are pretty exposed and will need better protection in the trees.

Looking at these photos, the only thing I wonder about is the rear of the tunnel. The Matryx Slash tunnel is tapered, and a friend (who posts here) with a 9R says he can tell the difference that the tapered tunnel makes. I hope this doesn't become a drawback on the Catalyst.
Rode a Matryx Slash back to back with two other non-tapered tunnel sleds (all were without snow flaps) and didn't notice a difference as far as getting hung up out back. Maybe in really set up snow you'd feel more of a difference.

My guess is the shorter tunnel on modern mountain sleds makes more of a difference than a slight taper.

What was the base price (MSRP) of the Mountain Cat ( blue & black) ? No ES or any accessories.

Mine built is $7,500 more than what I paid for my '21 Alpha. WTF!?

Wasn't it like $19,200?

Last edited:
What was the base price (MSRP) of the Mountain Cat ( blue & black) ? No ES or any accessories.

Wasn't it like $19,200?
$18,600 to $19,200 depending on what length of track and lug height you want. Without ATAC shocks, but they were only $100 more according to Cat's website.

Wasn't it like $19,200?
Crazy what 5 years and “building back better” can do. If I remember correctly my ‘20 mtn cat 165” with e start was around $14,500 otd.

Kool-Aid, I checked Cat's website. Your sled is $19,099 MSRP with no accessories... 154 3" with manual start. Mine is $400 more because I got electric start.

I dont even think it's politics. I think the scarcity of products in 2020 really revealed to manufactures what they can charge. Consumers showed that they would pay $7500 more, so manufactures followed suit

Yeah I spent I think $22k give or take on my 2023 KRX-1000es about 18 mos ago. My first one in 2020 was "only" $20,500. But the ones that are really nuts are the high-end Polaris and Can Am models that are topping $40k. Screw that.

Well it's been a second or two since I threw a leg over a sled..... or posted on here. The dealer called and my new Snopro is ready to pickup. This ought to be a rodeo..... old, fat, and haven't ridden in 7 yrs... yahooo

This will be the first one I've ever left stock.... er at least that's the plan.

TONY!!!! Long time no see!! I was just talking with my dealer today, finalizing my accessories. I pick it up Saturday assuming the financing goes through. This'll be my second year after a 15-year break. Last year doesn't really even count as a real year it sucked so bad. Glad to hear you're getting a Catalyst too!

Premium Features

Back