• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

858s hitting the line!!!

Idaho had it a lot better. The farther north you are, the better it was. California sucked, even Utah wasn't that great from what I saw. I bought my sled trailer from a guy in Utah and he spoke of 10+ foot drifts at his house in the winter months and last year they didn't but a few feet here and there.

I’m in northern Utah, last year definitely started out slow but got pretty good in the late season as spud said. This was march 30th. Good times until one of those poo poos blew up 🤦🏻‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG_6443.jpeg
    IMG_6443.jpeg
    35.8 KB · Views: 29
The thing many don't realize about California is the snow here pretty much sucks. When we have a storm, we get at most 48 hours to ride soft snow. Powder for 24 hours, then 24 hours of soft snow, and then it's set up. A few days later it's concrete. We need regular storms to keep the snow fresh, otherwise it's more fun to just go to the dunes. Last season we didn't get significant snow until January, and EVERY single storm came ON a weekend, so the only people who got powder days were those who could ride during the week (not me). I got a couple of soft-ish snow rides, and one took out a lower control arm so that was an expensive ride.

I’ve heard of the cascade concrete, sounds lame. We were to the spring concrete stage the previous couple weekends to that pic and most of the group had pretty much thrown in the towel for the season, we just got lucky with a late dump.

I hadn't heard of Cascade Concrete; they call ours Sierra Cement.

MT was so dry that Caleb Kesterke spent most of his season riding in Revy with Matt (Muskoka Freerider).

Vern lives in the best powder area I’ve ever been but is hiding his secret. Too damn many people between here and there for me tho.

Maybe that was it, for some reason cascade popped in my head.
Cascade Concrete is what we have in Western WA, although we can have some pretty good powder days if you time it right. Unfortunately, for those who have to work often times they occur during the work week.

You can't beat Mother Nature. If winter decides to arrive late, that's just the way it is. When it's good, you have to hit it and then hit it again. Often times, that means taking a vacation day and riding after a storm mid-week. I had 25 rides (30 rides is ideal) last season in the Sierras, and 5 were powder days! Only one truly sucked as far as conditions where I went back to truck early.

TONY!!!! Long time no see!! I was just talking with my dealer today, finalizing my accessories. I pick it up Saturday assuming the financing goes through. This'll be my second year after a 15-year break. Last year doesn't really even count as a real year it sucked so bad. Glad to hear you're getting a Catalyst too!
Hey Rob, good to see a familiar name. I sold all my parts, turbos, sleds, etc about five years ago. I never figured on returning to the addiction of sleds.

Premium Features

Back