• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 gone down already??

CrazyBill

Lifetime Membership
Aug 17, 2011
Indiana
LOL, I couldn't agree more. I entered this thread with the sole intention of discussing the topic of honing. I backed it up with data and information and was respectful and thorough , at least I think I was, in my delivery of the information.

It seems there was some good discussion back and forth and then Dan decided I was someone else and as soon as that happened, the tone of the discussion changed and the drama came out.

Would you agree this is correct? I am sincerely asking for your opinion on this. Please re-read the thread , if need be, to refresh your memory.
I honestly don't care who started what. I have kids to argue with for that. What I care about is the content of this thread. It's probably safe to say almost everyone, that has participated or read this thread, is annoyed with the bickering as well. You have to make a choice. Keep bickering or act like an adult and move on to be a productive member of this thread. It's your choice

Bill

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
This is getting comical. No matter what Addie says, someone is giving him bad rep. He could say he just donated to wounded warriors and saved a drowning puppy and still would get the big red thumb lol

Kelsey has ripped off enough people over the years that everyone should be made aware of it.
It’s simple.
Sell snake oil = eventually people catch on.........

Hopefully........

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
BACK.jpg

W

Wood

Dec 7, 2007
Were we in timeout?

That’s what happens when children misbehave.

Cheer up dudes...it’s Christmas!

The most important aspect of this thread is that hopefully Polaris is listening and makes any required changes/improvements for the next production run. My $500 deposit in March is hoping they do.

Good on Dan and the rest of the aftermarket for being proactive regarding these potential issues.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
I just cant help but wonder if Polaris holding back on production as the public tests their "assembly line product" version of the 850 and preparing to make changes/fixes to the "finished version" to avoid problems that run across the board thus the early relics that seam to be spread out, through out all states for a thorough environmental IE. altitude/temp/train test?

S

skippy

Nov 27, 2007
[QUOTE BTW, Indydansucks posts from a Sprint mobile device out of Denver. But it's a mobile device..[/QUOTE]

Hey Indy... The snow is azzhole deep to a giraffe out here in Denver right now!!! Can't believe how good the Sprint service is at 10,000 feet though...

K
Apr 11, 2010
AK
Hell of a thread. The thing is I have patiently waited since 2011 for Poo to improve the 800 and with all the hype Poo put out on this Patriot motor 'being tested and vetted for 4 years' it must be great right? And I cant buy one in season so would have to wait until 2020 to get all the benefits (lol). Smart marketing on Poos part. So I jumped in with a snowcheck like a lovesick schoolgirl. Yeah its got a 4 year warranty so ride it like you stole it to quote some on here. So how far from the truck should I ride expecting a bearing failure or an oil line coming loose in order to excercise that warranty? I sure as hell don't feel like taking it 100 miles into the Alaskan bush or on the back side of huge drops. So ride it like you stole it....as long as its an easy tow. Just exactly what I was trying to avoid in the first place. Ughhhh...

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Hell of a thread. The thing is I have patiently waited since 2011 for Poo to improve the 800 and with all the hype Poo put out on this Patriot motor 'being tested and vetted for 4 years' it must be great right? And I cant buy one in season so would have to wait until 2020 to get all the benefits (lol). Smart marketing on Poos part. So I jumped in with a snowcheck like a lovesick schoolgirl. Yeah its got a 4 year warranty so ride it like you stole it to quote some on here. So how far from the truck should I ride expecting a bearing failure or an oil line coming loose in order to excercise that warranty? I sure as hell don't feel like taking it 100 miles into the Alaskan bush or on the back side of huge drops. So ride it like you stole it....as long as its an easy tow. Just exactly what I was trying to avoid in the first place. Ughhhh...

Lets get back to reality here for a sec....

We have pages and pages of GREAT tech information and GREAT reading.... feels like the good ol days of the forum. Love it.

We also have some theories on potential issues. I am guessing if Polaris engineers came on here and gave a technical explanation of why it's built how it is....that would likely sound quite convincing to as well. Who's right? I'm not smart or techy enough to decipher that....so the litmus test for the rest of us, will be time and mileage on units.

What will happen with time? I guess we'll see. So far....the odds are in your favour. I know I will be riding it extra hard over the holidays to expose any issues lol

ADDIE

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2013
ur statement is incorrect.
RKTeK is well known as www.2strokeheads.com.
He himself has shared that information. It is a business not just a person.

He falsely represented himself as someone else(lied). For the sole purpose of deception and to instigate(lied). He blatantly denied being RKTeK(lied).

The mods had only verified that the 2 user names are indeed the same person. Which there are rules about creating alternative accounts for the purpose of deceiving.

Legally, they did nothing wrong.
Morally, well everyone will have their own opinion on that....

NOBODy falsely represented themself. I am pretty sure your name is not legally "Summit8rmk" is it? 90% or better of you users do not use your real name . It is your right and mine as well.

Dan came on here and told everybody that I was this guy name "indydansucks". I denied it because it was false. Dan's INformation was 3rd hand info and was incorrect. It is that simple.

Did you notice how what started as a VERY informative DISCUSSION ,between Dan and myself, where you guys learned alot about honing, pistons and plating, IMMEDIATELY, turned into a drama fest Via you guys and Dan the instant Dan thought I was somebody else? The information stopped and the disprespect started (not from me)

The information was still valid but all you guys could see and do was dramatize the entire thread. The validity of the information does not change with who is explaining it.

It is also nice to see that most everything I was stating has been backed up today in memo by Polaris. Go figure.

The user RKT went inactive in 2013 and a new name took its place.

In short, Phatty is 100% correct and privacy rights were violated and the moderators performed illegal actions.

Last edited:

HECKS

Lifetime Membership
Dec 21, 2007
Sylvan Lake, AB
Quote: The user RKT went inactive in 2013 and a new name took its place.

Sooooooo which name took it's place........
I'm sure the tip toeing will continue, So full disclosure, you are/were RKT, but now ADDIE correct ?

I'm sure it won't be answered, and not to sure why I even care. But this is worth the cost of admission lol.

Last edited:
Premium Features