• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 gone down already??

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
By not answering the many people who have asked who you are and your qualifications are you have pretty much proved Dan right about you.

Because if he was a "lair" as you say then YOU would have just proved him wrong to end that part of the discussion. But you haven't........

I agree with NorthMNSledder on this. Being a moderator I can neither confirm nor deny multiple accounts on the same IP address. I do know that back in the day that if there was more than one account created with the same IP address that there would be a perma ban with no admittance back to the forums.

ADDIE

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2013
I agree with NorthMNSledder on this. Being a moderator I can neither confirm nor deny multiple accounts on the same IP address. I do know that back in the day that if there was more than one account created with the same IP address that there would be a perma ban with no admittance back to the forums.

OK, as a moderator, can you confirm that Addie and indydansucks are the same person?

I think you can see that they are not.

Why not tell everybody vs letting Dan spew off these false claims?

Isn't a moderator suppose to weed out BS like this?

What is it that I have done that is wrong in this thread?

Oh Ya, I disagreed with IndyDan on his honing theories. I did it in a respectful manner and backed it up with data and references that show why I was in disagreement.

Is disagreeing with Dan, not allowed on Snow West? Is this IndyDanWest?

Last edited:

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I have had great luck with Millenniums plating directly from them. Heck I pulled apart a Banshee motor the other day with many hrs. on it spinning 10500 RPM. It looked great.

ADDIE

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2013
Then prove him wrong.......

Come on Addie what are you hiding from?

How do I prove him wrong? he is never wrong on this forum.

I have asked a moderator to verify that Addie and Indydansucks are NOT the same person. That will prove him wrong. But even if and when that happens, I ,suspect, some of you guys will still find a way to make him look "honest" when this ,alone will show that he is fabricating lies.

I will tell you we are not the same person, But Dan says we are.. so we must be right?

He has come right out and stated, that I am Indydansucks. This is NOT TRUE and a moderator can prove this very easy. Why won't they?

In the end, you guys believe everything Dan says. I have ,respectfully, detailed why I do not agree with some of his theories.

It is called "discussion" Why is that not allowed?

What you guys want is "Dictation"?

It may be prudent to listen to other lines of reasoning especially, when it is backed up with data and information that supports it.

Blinding following anybody or anything can lead you off a cliff

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
How do I prove him wrong? he is never wrong on this forum.

I have asked a moderator to verify that Addie and Indydansucks are NOT the same person. That will prove him wrong.

I will tell you we are not the same person, But Dan says we are.. so we must be right?

He has come right out and stated, that I am Indydansucks. This is NOT TRUE and a moderator can prove this very easy. Why won't they?

In the end, you guys believe everything Dan says. I have ,respectfully, detailed why I do not agree with some of his theories.

It is called "discussion" Why is that not allowed?

What you guys want is "Dictation"?

It may be prudent to listen to other lines of reasoning especially, when it is backed up with data and information that supports it.

Blinding following anybody or anything can lead you off a cliff

It's easy to prove him wrong on that. You just have to tell us who you are.

Pretty simple.

Also I can't help but notice you say that you are not the same as "IndyDanSucks" but you mention nothing about "RKT"?

ADDIE

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2013
It's easy to prove him wrong on that. You just have to tell us who you are.

Pretty simple.

Also I can't help but notice you say that you are not the same as "IndyDanSucks" but you mention nothing about "RKT"?

Sorry, I did not get your name either?

S7even

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2015
Cascade Idaho
Even if he is wrong about indydansucks, he was right that addie and rkt are the same person. I saw the comment from the moderator that said this was true.
Funny that the comment is deleted now.

ADDIE

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2013
Ben Wyatt, No relation to either of the companies at hand and I don't work in the sledding field.

It's on here in other places but I'll be nice and not make you find it.

See how easy that was.

Nice to meet ya Ben Wyatt.

Why do you have an alias vs your real name?

Ben, do you see issues with what I have posted in this thread?
Was there data to back up what was written?
Explanations of why I was in disagreement with Dan?

Were there any threats made to harm another individual if ever seen ?

Last edited:

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Nice to meet ya Ben Wyatt.

Why do you have an alias vs your real name?

Because it was taken on another forum and I wanted to be able to use the same name across all the forums I'm a part of. :face-icon-small-win

Thank you for proving Dan correct with all of this. Because that is all you're doing with all this BS.

Will just call this over now since you have yet to prove yourself.

cvcustoms

#getsomegetthere
Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2018
www.cvcustoms.com
I installed my nice shiny new B&M bumper last night and while I had the pipe off I took my scope out and snapped a few pictures of my pistons. This sled has been fully warmed up driven onto a trailer, fully warmed up driven off the trailer into my garage and had one non loaded heat cycle done...zero miles.

the first 3 images are Mag side the second 3 are PTO side. I just figured I would post them since I had them. Interesting how each piston has a circular bare spot in about the same location...is this bare from the factory or some kind of wear pattern? I have not seen a brand new piston yet. You can definitely see how rich they are

ba2f010a4a6dc7bd604bee6f05a254dd.jpg

e2e59c50e4747e4768333f8bdbab9158.jpg

efbcf0fc39c9b1a6d9cf77e4e262fbfb.jpg

b370676dc961a611178e465a1bcca37d.jpg

e7d1580ddcd5eb7216cc8d631c261288.jpg
e649ae2c051f8fe829fde3e357868e1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G
Dec 20, 2007
It would be cool to compare Cat,Poo,Doo cylinder plating!
Anybody have some pictures to add to these? I’ve been curious to what the Doo plasma coating looks like also.

Nice work Dan!

That was my exact question for Dan!

In reviewing his pictures and my limited knowledge about seating rings (or lack there of) in a plated cylinder, what does a new DOO and CAT look like? What do they do different (someone chimed in many pages back that DOO doesn't use a Nicasil anymore)?

I have no doubt that Dan's hone is far superior to industry norm; it is the race engine touch. Having said that, I cant see DOO nor CAT being able to spend the $$ in a production env neither.

PS: the A* Warthog 800 will be going in my Axys when the stocker with Sidekick goes pop :)

CrazyBill

Lifetime Membership
Aug 17, 2011
Indiana
ADDIE and IndyDan. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. The two of you are ruining it with your drama. The two of you need to suck it up and act like adults. None of us care about your drama. Dan, you keep engaging ADDIE when you could take the high road. ADDIE, sometimes in life you have to agree to disagree.

IF YOU TWO CAN'T START PLAYING NICE, YOU'RE GOING TO BED WITHOUT DINNER!

WE ARE TIRED OF YOUR DRAMA. KNOCK THE CHIT OFF!

Now back to your scheduled thread

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

N
Apr 9, 2010
Soldotna, AK
You guys want someone to prove they aren't someone else by revealing their name on an internet forum? A mod can easily confirm that, which he has requested, without revealing any personal info. Which option makes more sense here?

R

Ride_The_Rockies

Jun 19, 2002
Utah
Don’t worry about your 850.

It has a 4 year warranty.

Drive it till it quits, haul it to the dealer and do it again.

I’m not going to lose sleep over it.

Yes, it does have a 4 year warranty. However the best part of the snowmobile season is very short. If your motor goes down and the dealer takes a few weeks to get it going again you can miss a lot of good riding time. We also plan a few 3 - 4 day tips, if your motor goes down on day 1 and your friends have to pull you back it can ruin everyone's day of riding. Then your stuck in the motel for 3 days while your friends are out having fun! Reliability is why I spend the money and upgrade every two years. I don't want to worry about breaking down out in BFE. I am not very excited about spending $14,000 +/- on a new sled and have to worry about it blow up warranty or not. I don't care about the warranty I care about reliability.

I guess time will tell if they will hold together or not. I am sure we will know in the next few months.

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
GOOD CALL I'M OUT

ADDIE and IndyDan. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. The two of you are ruining it with your drama. The two of you need to suck it up and act like adults. None of us care about your drama. Dan, you keep engaging ADDIE when you could take the high road. ADDIE, sometimes in life you have to agree to disagree.

IF YOU TWO CAN'T START PLAYING NICE, YOU'RE GOING TO BED WITHOUT DINNER!

WE ARE TIRED OF YOUR DRAMA. KNOCK THE CHIT OFF!

Now back to your scheduled thread

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Thanks CrazyBill for the slap in the head !!

Dan

:juggle:

ADDIE

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2013
I installed my nice shiny new B&M bumper last night and while I had the pipe off I took my scope out and snapped a few pictures of my pistons. This sled has been fully warmed up driven onto a trailer, fully warmed up driven off the trailer into my garage and had one non loaded heat cycle done...zero miles.

the first 3 images are Mag side the second 3 are PTO side. I just figured I would post them since I had them. Interesting how each piston has a circular bare spot in about the same location...is this bare from the factory or some kind of wear pattern? I have not seen a brand new piston yet. You can definitely see how rich they are

ba2f010a4a6dc7bd604bee6f05a254dd.jpg

e2e59c50e4747e4768333f8bdbab9158.jpg

efbcf0fc39c9b1a6d9cf77e4e262fbfb.jpg

b370676dc961a611178e465a1bcca37d.jpg

e7d1580ddcd5eb7216cc8d631c261288.jpg
e649ae2c051f8fe829fde3e357868e1d.jpg

The bare spot circle is factory on the piston. As for the rest, looks like normal indication of a break in coating, doing what it is designed to do. These coatings are there for break in period to add some lubricity to the ring seating process.

Your oil used, ring face, and engine tolerances, among other things, will dictate the wear of the coating. It is there to help/aid with this process when needed

Last edited:

indydan

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Custer, South Dakota
www.indyspecialty.com
That was my exact question for Dan!

In reviewing his pictures and my limited knowledge about seating rings (or lack there of) in a plated cylinder, what does a new DOO and CAT look like? What do they do different (someone chimed in many pages back that DOO doesn't use a Nicasil anymore)?

I have no doubt that Dan's hone is far superior to industry norm; it is the race engine touch. Having said that, I cant see DOO nor CAT being able to spend the $$ in a production env neither.

PS: the A* Warthog 800 will be going in my Axys when the stocker with Sidekick goes pop :)

Last season I would have answered ........that Polaris, Ski doo and Cat were all about the same.

Yamaha always has the best OEM finsih.!

The 850's we have seen look like they were done with brand new super abraisives shoes.....they always get better as the super abraisives break in.

I would have thought they would have used the same shoes from the 800 they last a long time ( same bore size. )

Premium Features