• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 gone down already??

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
:LOL:This thread really does have a lot of good information and entertainment. I didn't know about the plateau honing on Nikasil cylinders, used to working on diesels where feeling the hatch with your fingernail is good! small engines are a different story. with regards to post #1326, Dan, the duramax only seemed to have the bad injectors on the early LB7 engines, a friend of mine has one, he put a set of reman injectors in, and now has 500K+ km's on it. Seems they've got the injector problem figured out. I get your point though and I'm a Cummins guy anyway lol (NOT stiring the pot here) Please keep sharing your knowlege with us!. this thread answered a lot of questions I'd been wondering about for a while with the 850. Not to get too off topic, but how is the rest of the sled holding up? any tunnel and skid or broken axle problems? A-arms?

I can't answer all the questions but do know that the 19+ tracks are clipped properly and are holding out better. The A-Arms are slightly stronger as they are shorter but still need braces on them if you want them to survive small hits. The ride is also better than my 16 and both have the upgraded piggy-back shocks. The rest of the chassis has been perfect for me.

I
Nov 14, 2018
OMG I finally got to the end of this thread 1560+ posts. Wow.

So on the 19 if they lock tight the pto bearing.... how do you replace it latter on? Sounds like an epic CF.

Anyone know if dealers are fixing any left over 19 sleds? Prior to sale?

Any idea when fixes went into production aka best month to look for?

Im debating to be honest, it would be my first sled.

Thx

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
OMG I finally got to the end of this thread 1560+ posts. Wow.

So on the 19 if they lock tight the pto bearing.... how do you replace it latter on? Sounds like an epic CF.

Anyone know if dealers are fixing any left over 19 sleds? Prior to sale?

Any idea when fixes went into production aka best month to look for?

Im debating to be honest, it would be my first sled.

Thx

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

the locktite releases with splitting the cases if you ever need to service it.

the past season has shown very few actual failures.

Premium Features