• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 gone down already??

ADDIE

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2013
ADDIE and IndyDan. I've thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. The two of you are ruining it with your drama. The two of you need to suck it up and act like adults. None of us care about your drama. Dan, you keep engaging ADDIE when you could take the high road. ADDIE, sometimes in life you have to agree to disagree.

IF YOU TWO CAN'T START PLAYING NICE, YOU'RE GOING TO BED WITHOUT DINNER!

WE ARE TIRED OF YOUR DRAMA. KNOCK THE CHIT OFF!

Now back to your scheduled thread

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

LOL, I couldn't agree more. I entered this thread with the sole intention of discussing the topic of honing. I backed it up with data and information and was respectful and thorough , at least I think I was, in my delivery of the information.
It seems there was some good discussion back and forth and then Dan decided I was someone else and as soon as that happened, the tone of the discussion changed and the drama came out.

Would you agree this is correct? I am sincerely asking for your opinion on this. Please re-read the thread , if need be, to refresh your memory.

ADDIE

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2013
Last season I would have answered ........that Polaris, Ski doo and Cat were all about the same.

Yamaha always has the best OEM finsih.!

The 850's we have seen look like they were done with brand new super abraisives shoes.....they always get better as the super abraisives break in.

I would have thought they would have used the same shoes from the 800 they last a long time ( same bore size. )

Dan, the 850 and the 800 are casted and plated at the same place, I believe. I know they are casted at the same place for sure.

What is the honing depth difference between the 850 and the 800?

Can you detail the RA, RPK, RK and RVK differences please?

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
OK, as a moderator, can you confirm that Addie and indydansucks are the same person?

I think you can see that they are not.

Why not tell everybody vs letting Dan spew off these false claims?

Isn't a moderator suppose to weed out BS like this?

What is it that I have done that is wrong in this thread?

Oh Ya, I disagreed with IndyDan on his honing theories. I did it in a respectful manner and backed it up with data and references that show why I was in disagreement.

Is disagreeing with Dan, not allowed on Snow West? Is this IndyDanWest?

As a moderator we are here to make sure everyone behaves not to expose their identities.

G
Dec 20, 2007
Last season I would have answered ........that Polaris, Ski doo and Cat were all about the same.

The 850's we have seen look like they were done with brand new super abraisives shoes.....they always get better as the super abraisives break in.

I would have thought they would have used the same shoes from the 800 they last a long time ( same bore size. )

Thanks Dan :)

What is the usual break-In period (cylinder cycles per say) on new shoes?

I appreciate the education on this topic. I know that most of the nicasil cylinders I have had plated and honed come back with the crosshatching pattern, but not as aggressive as the my cast cylinders in the past. Much like yourself Dan, I am a perfectionist, so I appreciate your work the most ;)

Jeff

ADDIE

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2013
As a moderator we are here to make sure everyone behaves not to expose their identities.

Couldn't agree more.

You are not being asked to expose anybody's identity. Are You?

You are being asked to state whether Addie and Indydansucks are the same person?

Stating a yes or a no to this does not expose any identities

Kind of biased and not neutral (like a moderator should be) wouldn't ya say?

Please answer the question.

Cerialsledder

SnoWest Badge Maker
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 14, 2013
Sault Ste Marie, MI
Couldn't agree more.

You are not being asked to expose anybody's identity. Are You?

You are being asked to state whether Addie and Indydansucks are the same person?

Stating a yes or a no to this does not expose any identities

Kind of biased and not neutral (like a moderator should be) wouldn't ya say?

Please answer the question.

I can't confirm that Addie and indydansucks are the same person but I can confirm that RKT and ADDIE are which is part of the initial question.

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
This is getting comical. No matter what Addie says, someone is giving him bad rep. He could say he just donated to wounded warriors and saved a drowning puppy and still would get the big red thumb lol

T
Jun 14, 2014
Coon Rapids Mn
This thread has got me through the week! Lots of good info on here. Dan thank you for your knowledge. I love the way you explain things for people to have a better understanding. I dont even own a 850 but glad I got to read this thread because we have a trip here the 26th and my good buddy bought one. His was one of the first to be delivered. Stupid thing wouldn't start the first time we tried to start it. We made the dealer come to his house and fix it. Flooded and needed new plugs. I am now going to pull a bigger trailer to bring my backup cat in case chit hits the fan with his sled. If anything ill be saving him $250 a day on a rental. Thanks for all the info again!

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
Ridiculous! Like many others I'm just trying to get information as a concerned 850 owner. I'm freaked out about my 850! I respect IndyDan as one of the top three Polaris motors people that I turn to (Carl's and SLP the others). I never did work with RKTek but I knew they didn't like each other. Why does anyone have to provide their resume and name on here? We never ask that of anyone else. If anyone is using alternative identities, that's up to the moderators. Speaking of which, the moderators just seem to sit back in this thread and let people take shots at one another. It seems other threads we get kicked in the balls as soon as it gets hostile. IndyDan has show aggression and I've looked past it for his great knowledge. But what's wrong with challenging his theories? That's how I learn is to keep asking. Damn if I will question anyone on this thread. It's straight to the pit of misery if you do. Half of the posts are unnecessary and childish at best.

chriswelters

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2009
Ishpeming MI

Indy dan, What are the build dates on those 850 snowmobiles you have been able to look at with this hone issue with the "new super abrasive shoes"?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Yes, it does have a 4 year warranty. However the best part of the snowmobile season is very short. If your motor goes down and the dealer takes a few weeks to get it going again you can miss a lot of good riding time. We also plan a few 3 - 4 day tips, if your motor goes down on day 1 and your friends have to pull you back it can ruin everyone's day of riding. Then your stuck in the motel for 3 days while your friends are out having fun! Reliability is why I spend the money and upgrade every two years. I don't want to worry about breaking down out in BFE. I am not very excited about spending $14,000 +/- on a new sled and have to worry about it blow up warranty or not. I don't care about the warranty I care about reliability.

I guess time will tell if they will hold together or not. I am sure we will know in the next few months.

I understand your concern.
All things considered it’s a crap shoot. You could purchase poor fuel and lose an engine. Blow a coolant line, a lot of things can go wrong. That is one reason I don’t run aftermarket parts. If you bend an a-arm, shock, spindle, your out of commission also. I can drive to any Polaris dealer and be back riding

Premium Features