• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2025 Ski-Doo Rumors and Predictions

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I do know your a dick. lol that's simple enough to know how that works. Thread is asking for what we would like and people express an opinion on the gauge and your panties are pretty knotted up there. Go play with your gauge, you seem to have it all figured out there.

lol, you complained about something you do not even own, and I called you out on it. You have alot to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

E
Jul 24, 2017
Mazda just patented a 2 stroke straight gasoline engine they say will meet US emissioin requirements for a passenger vehicle. They should talk to one of the sled builders and get a partnership going.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
So torsion springs are still a thing. They'd be foolish to remove torsion springs on a trail/crossover sled anyways. Hope they remove them on the deep snow sleds however.
Looks like a backcountry under the cover. Everything else looks identical. Either the 850 TurboR in the Backcountry XRS or a new NA motor is my guess.

Custom Backcountry X-RS 2-16-2024 at 11.42 AM.jpg

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Damn.
Can’t complain unless you own it? Explains her anger….

Lmao! At least maybe get the individual gets facts straight on how something works before a person complains, it wasn’t the complaint it what was said in it.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
So torsion springs are still a thing. They'd be foolish to remove torsion springs on a trail/crossover sled anyways. Hope they remove them on the deep snow sleds however.
Looks like a backcountry under the cover. Everything else looks identical. Either the 850 TurboR in the Backcountry XRS or a new NA motor is my guess.

Doo is due for a new engine. And seeing Polaris’s new 900 turbo race sleds. I can see a 900 turbo Polaris in the future for them, my god those sleds are fast!

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
All electric snowmobile line up that that looks like a fossil fuel model.You won’t get far enough away from the trailhead to complain about buddy tracking or needing cell service.You can save your pension money by only riding every other day due to charging issues and when the government either US or Canada hit you with a battery impact fee from using it in weather conducive to global warming ,you can quit riding all together.🤣🤣

E
Jul 24, 2017
All electric snowmobile line up that that looks like a fossil fuel model.You won’t get far enough away from the trailhead to complain about buddy tracking or needing cell service.You can save your pension money by only riding every other day due to charging issues and when the government either US or Canada hit you with a battery impact fee from using it in weather conducive to global warming ,you can quit riding all together.🤣🤣
A electric sled line up would pretty cool. It's still a little early but with some of the solid state batteries that may be in the horizon it could potentially make for a very impressive sled. Similar range as a gas model, instant torque, a motor so low it's in the track, 400 lbs ready to ride, and last indefinitely with no issues........ still a pipe dream at this point. but 10 yrs from now it might be the only option.

T
Aug 8, 2011
Sure is silent this year on real info about the new sleds.

Im right on the fence between thinking we get BNG with maybe a narrower front end on the expert because of all the inventory sitting around at dealers, to thinking we might get a couple major updates to try to keep snowcheck numbers up.

We shall see soon

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Sure is silent this year on real info about the new sleds.

Im right on the fence between thinking we get BNG with maybe a narrower front end on the expert because of all the inventory sitting around at dealers, to thinking we might get a couple major updates to try to keep snowcheck numbers up.

We shall see soon

Agreed. Do you hold back tech to help dealers liquidate inventory, or do you offer something new to increase snowcheck orders? Tough call. Some dealers have 2 to 3 hundred sleds still in inventory. For the most part, sled sales are over. There are great deals to be had, but no doubt, they'll get even better.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Agreed. Do you hold back tech to help dealers liquidate inventory, or do you offer something new to increase snowcheck orders? Tough call. Some dealers have 2 to 3 hundred sleds still in inventory. For the most part, sled sales are over. There are great deals to be had, but no doubt, they'll get even better.
This is why dealers need to start sticking to MSRP during 'normal' times so when we have poor snow years they have more margin to play with for discounting. Let's face it, $1,000 doesn't move the needle much on a $20,000 sled when there's low snow.

More importantly, dealers should never be caught with "hundreds" of sleds. This is simply stupid on their part. They simply should never stock more units than they expect to sell LOCALLY. They should not depend on dumping inventory in other dealer's back yards! This could be fixed by the manufacturers not giving dealers the holdback if the sled is sold in another dealer's territory.

Last edited:
C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
It’s not the customers fault, nor the dealers fault that the snow sucks. Doo gives a dealer “X” amount of sleds to a dealer, guys order a sled during spring check, then customers back out. It happens, and correct me if I wrong, what doesn’t sell during premium snowcheck must be used on a non premium snowcheck.

What I don’t like about the whole snowcheck deal, is why doo drops the warranty on a backed out snow check. Unless there is a massive deal on a premium snow check, a guy is adding warranty to a 2024 sled that could be put towards a 2025, that will arrive in the fall. Hard to move a 2024 when the release is in two days with no snow in certain areas.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
It’s not the customers fault, nor the dealers fault that the snow sucks. Doo gives a dealer “X” amount of sleds to a dealer, guys order a sled during spring check, then customers back out. It happens, and correct me if I wrong, what doesn’t sell during premium snowcheck must be used on a non premium snowcheck.

What I don’t like about the whole snowcheck deal, is why doo drops the warranty on a backed out snow check. Unless there is a massive deal on a premium snow check, a guy is adding warranty to a 2024 sled that could be put towards a 2025, that will arrive in the fall. Hard to move a 2024 when the release is in two days with no snow in certain areas.

i've wondered what the reasoning is behind dropping the year of warranty is. could be a way to encourage the consumer to snowcheck instead of buying later on but how many people even know this? either way, it's lame.

440revNL

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 7, 2022
Canada
i've wondered what the reasoning is behind dropping the year of warranty is. could be a way to encourage the consumer to snowcheck instead of buying later on but how many people even know this? either way, it's lame.
Promos now at the dealers is 3 years warranty for a 2024 meanwhile us who snowchecked only got 2 years.

Premium Features