• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Your thoughts on the new Arctic Cat Blast Mountain

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
Sure seems like a long time ago, haven't talked to my dealer but his open house is this weekend so I'll ask him then.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Well bad news.....my dealer said they aren’t getting my Venom after all. Messed up my snowcheck and whatever happened....I’m not getting one.
So I’m phoning the province for Blasts or Venoms. See if I can squeeze one from someone else.

Stay tuned....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Well bad news.....my dealer said they aren’t getting my Venom after all. Messed up my snowcheck and whatever happened....I’m not getting one.
So I’m phoning the province for Blasts or Venoms. See if I can squeeze one from someone else.

Stay tuned....

The tides have turned again! Local Yamaha Rep came thru and has confirmed I will get my Venom after all. Big thanks to Fuji, our resident Yamaha Rep and Thunderstruck superstar for pulling thru!

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
The tides have turned again! Local Yamaha Rep came thru and has confirmed I will get my Venom after all. Big thanks to Fuji, our resident Yamaha Rep and Thunderstruck superstar for pulling thru!

That's awesome, I'm very happy for you. Did you by chance happen to get any kind of date estimate of when you might get it?

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
That is great, Reeb! I just talked to my dealer and he said it shows projected available date as today so he is expecting a call from the driver any day. Let's hope soon!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Picked up ours as the first one from country cat over the weekend. Installed skinz hush boxx, bca tunnel bag, skinz heated brake lever and ordered knee pads and an orange pro mountain bumper. Calling TKI to possible do a belt drive on it tomorrow. Comes low elevation clutching and no date on when other gram inserts will be available. As far as belt drive, it is the standard case, just need to check out how the jackshaft is on the Chan case side

5C668DDD-3BE2-45B1-9BDE-ED31C4F9341C.jpeg

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
measured all the shocks. Alpha skid shocks are same length as all alpha skid shocks and front shocks are a little over 17” center to center and same as 38” ski stance from previous years M series. If any one has a set of floats from a 38” front end, I would like a set or any alpha or 18+ rear skid shocks

800tundra

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Dapp, Alberta
measured all the shocks. Alpha skid shocks are same length as all alpha skid shocks and front shocks are a little over 17” center to center and same as 38” ski stance from previous years M series. If any one has a set of floats from a 38” front end, I would like a set or any alpha or 18+ rear skid shocks

I hope I am able to get my hands on one. Have deposit on one but not confident.
Can the tunnel be cut and shortened easily? Does cooler go right to the end of tunnel? Lots of plans for mods if dealer comes through. Curious if it gonna be lighter than my old skidoo freestyle mod sleds.

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Tunnel cooler goes right to the end on the tunnel. Will not be an easy job to shorten. It’s about an 1” square cooler that makes a complete loop around the tunnel

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
What do the alpha shocks measure out as? I got fronts covered no problem. Might be time to Evol upgrade the Float 2’s I have on the shelf. This gets me excited!

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Picked up ours as the first one from country cat over the weekend. Installed skinz hush boxx, bca tunnel bag, skinz heated brake lever and ordered knee pads and an orange pro mountain bumper. Calling TKI to possible do a belt drive on it tomorrow. Comes low elevation clutching and no date on when other gram inserts will be available. As far as belt drive, it is the standard case, just need to check out how the jackshaft is on the Chan case side

Did the hush box save any weight from the factory suitcase?

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Yes it did, gave it nice tone. Didn’t want to get to aggressive as the single cylinder can sound like a modded Stihl saw pretty quickly. Need to weight the difference yet, did not have a scale at the time of install. Guessing 5-10 lbs savings, still has some weight but sounds great

Premium Features