• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Your thoughts on the new Arctic Cat Blast Mountain

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
What do the alpha shocks measure out as? I got fronts covered no problem. Might be time to Evol upgrade the Float 2’s I have on the shelf. This gets me excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rear skid shock is right around 17” center to center. Front track shock is 12.5” center to center. Rear shock is the same as any 17 mountain cat or 18 and newer. Same as front unless it has a reservoir then it needs to be alpha specific I believe

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Rear skid shock is right around 17” center to center. Front track shock is 12.5” center to center. Rear shock is the same as any 17 mountain cat or 18 and newer. Same as front unless it has a reservoir then it needs to be alpha specific I believe

Put up a sound clip if you can. I’m not sold on the Speedwerx can. I’m more of a mellow MBRP guy myself. Maybe we try the Skinz Box.

Thank you for the measurements! I have all four shocks waiting and ready for when we need to upgrade. My Yamaha Rep told me to keep the stock skis. They are that good. Guess I’ll have to try them and see what the kids think.
They got bumpers picked out already.

Oh and I might get lucky and see mine beginning of December so a few weeks earlier than expected!

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
I will get you a clip this weekend. Any 800 c-tech exhaust can will work. I’m in the hunt for all 4 shocks so if you have any extras or if any one sees this let me know

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
I have some Float II Shocks I’m thinking of upgrading to EVOL. Or I have a bunch of Snopro remote resi Shocks I can use too. Which will most likely be what I do. Green won’t go well with blue tho. Lol

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
I have some Float II Shocks I’m thinking of upgrading to EVOL. Or I have a bunch of Snopro remote resi Shocks I can use too. Which will most likely be what I do. Green won’t go well with blue tho. Lol

What are your thoughts on running floats upside down. Found a set of float 3 evols but I think the reservoir looks to be clicked for the original 38” top a arm not for the new style spindle arm

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
What are your thoughts on running floats upside down. Found a set of float 3 evols but I think the reservoir looks to be clicked for the original 38” top a arm not for the new style spindle arm
Just gonna jump & give my 2 cents: the floats don’t care which way they are mounted, I’ve had evol R’s on the last 4 sleds mounted upside down, never noticed any difference...

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
If you run them with the Evol chamber down and they were assembled with Float Fluid it will run down away from the air seal and dry it out over time creating more stiction. If they are assembled with suspension grease it's less of a problem, but need repacked with grease every year at least.

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
The evo chambers Also aren't very tough. Cast piece to the shock, they're pretty exposed if you tree ride when they're upside down. Break one off and you'll have a flat tire on the way home

Reeb

Modding mini's
Lifetime Membership
Jul 5, 2001
Twin Rivers
www.robinsms.com
Upside down or right side up. No matter. I’ve never had an issue, but I don’t ride until everyone else stops coming in to buy parts. And I don’t bash over logs and stumps like some do. My two main sleds have CF and Titanium front ends so I don’t ride with reckless abandon like some people.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Upside down or right side up. No matter. I’ve never had an issue, but I don’t ride until everyone else stops coming in to buy parts. And I don’t bash over logs and stumps like some do. My two main sleds have CF and Titanium front ends so I don’t ride with reckless abandon like some people.

Huh. That doesn't sound fun ?

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
I've also got one bought, just playing the waiting game... the last word I got from the dealer was mid December.:rolleyes: Interested in the Alpha to Blast shock swap though. Thinking about a set of sprung Fox shocks or 2021 Hardcore take off's(if you know of anyone selling let me know lol) for my 2019 Alpha and was going to just put the Float QS3's up for sale but if they fit the Blast it might be a nice upgrade for my daughter. C to C and eyelets all match up?

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
The front end on the blast is the wider 38" ski stance so the front shocks off of an Alpha will be short since they are are 36" stance.

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Skid shocks are the same, but fronts are 38”. I found a new set of kashima float 3 evols for the front for a 2013-15 m series(have to run upside down) , a new 2018 m sno pro float 3 rear skid shock and a new kashima float 3 front track shock for a m7000/viper mtx which ran the 12.5” front shock. Skid shocks that I bought are all single chambers, no evols
I've also got one bought, just playing the waiting game... the last word I got from the dealer was mid December.:rolleyes: Interested in the Alpha to Blast shock swap though. Thinking about a set of sprung Fox shocks or 2021 Hardcore take off's(if you know of anyone selling let me know lol) for my 2019 Alpha and was going to just put the Float QS3's up for sale but if they fit the Blast it might be a nice upgrade for my daughter. C to C and eyelets all match up?

F_ast

Lifetime Membership
Feb 22, 2008
Ontario
Man, these are finally showing up here in canada at some of the local dealers. $10,500..... that is just insane. But even holdover 2019s m8000s are going for $16k

hd4rob

Lifetime Membership
Jan 6, 2010
Lake Park, MN
Got all the new shocks mounted up. Nice weight savings and actually feels like something now, don’t just blow through the shocks. 4B1397B5-867C-47EC-84E0-078A9B838244.jpegD2A04C3F-41C5-4DE9-91A8-04A529F8D4D5.jpegWaiting on some parts and snow yet, but my wife already loves the way it feels to her in the shop.

Premium Features