• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP big bores - lets compare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
You guys who dont have the swest moron on ignore are missing out. The guy is clueless , and idiot , his actual working knowledge of anything more complicated than a hammer is not measureable. Changing a belt is about his limit. He adds nothing to anything...he is a waster of space and air on this planet.

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
I'll say it again, there is NO NEED for porting/head. There are plenty of XP 2 stroke turbo's running pefect without.

Cats especially CC.

OT

Perfectly is relative.

Example: It can run perfectly and only be CAPABLE of 220 HP, or run perfectly and be CAPABLE of 240 HP. Do you seriously just argue to argue??

Another example: You think you are the PERFECT tuner and others think you are the PERFECT idiot.

See how it is all relative?? :)

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
BJ's correct you might check your ramps.....Every revolution of the primary the ramps move. :eek:

NO - THEY DON'T!!!!

OT, not sure how many times you have to be clarified on this - RAMPS DO NOT MOVE DURING THE OPERATION OF THE SLED!!!!!!! Every revolution of the crank - the ramps stay in the exact same place as they were before. Don't believe me?? Mark your ramp locations with "A", "B" and "C" on the clutch housing. Now take your motor to TDC on Mag piston and mark the location of "A" on your crankcase. Start the motor and run for 5 minutes. Shut off the motor and note the location of ramp "A". It will be in the exact same place as it was before.

Yes they can move SLIGHTLY during stationary adjustment (when motor is stopped and not what we are talking about here), however once the motor is operating (only time it matters), the ramps are in a stationary position relative to the crankshaft during its rotation. Inside the clutch - relative to all their other operating parts that they affect - THEY DO NOT MOVE. The arms move out and push on the ramps, therefore the arms move and the ramps don't. The ramps are stationary to everything they touch. They don't move right or left, they don't move up and down, they don't go round and round inside the clutch. The clutch assembly spins, not the ramps. You cannot separate components of a system and say that they function individually to satisfy your earlier statement. Do my cylinder head bolts "move" because they are part of my sled when its going down the trail? :rolleyes:

The same analogy is like saying that your piston rings "move" during operation - no they don't either. They move up and down as a function of the piston assembly in the bore, but they do not move in relation of the piston itself (unless something is wrong with your motor :)) and the piston assembly is what they are part of.

Stop playing semantics and admit you were wrong. Sorry for the simplistic explanation but I don't think you're getting it and I don't want you confusing others.

NSC

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
Here we go again...Whenn you click from #5 down to #3 how does the ramp come to rest in the #3 clicker position ? Answer, MOVES.

Many of you can't believe this is possible but to date all you that say NO WAY have yet to explain how the TRA ramps move from #5 to #3 ?

Maybe CC the Cat guy knows LOL.

CC everything is relevant and to date on the snow porting/head added to a turbo setup hasn't proven anymore reliable or faster and thats a fact.... PS your pipe dreaming CC if you think a 220hp turbo / 240 hp turbo/porting/head. 40 hp gain from porting/head Yah Right !!!!!

Instead of you guys flapping your jaws answer this......

1. how do the TRA ramps go from #5 to #3 if they do not move ?

2. Show me a dyno run of a turbo vs turbo plus porting/head ?

This should be good,

OT

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
CC everything is relevant and to date on the snow porting/head added to a turbo setup hasn't proven anymore reliable or faster and thats a fact.... PS your pipe dreaming CC if you think a 220hp turbo / 240 hp turbo/porting/head. 40 hp gain from porting/head Yah Right !!!!!

Did you even make it out of grade school?? 240-220=20 and it was only an example yo prove that your an idiot and to prove to you that running perfectly doesnt always mean it makes the most HP.

2. Show me a dyno run of a turbo vs turbo plus porting/head ?

I will have to talk to Twisted, cause they are making 80+ HP at 5 #'s of boost over stock. And we all know you cant make 15 HP/ 1# boost, so maybe their cylinder modification helps. I will see if I can get the sheets to also show the stock cylinder versus the one with the mod to once again prove that you have no idea what your talking about!!

As for how stuff runs up there, you got your *** handed to you by the Local Utah guys, so I am pretty confident when you tell me something is running prefectly, it is not even in our league!! :D

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
Post those dyno sheets we'll all be waiting. 20 hp or 40 hp only a fool believes that porting/head will yield a 20 hp gain. Porting alone is only worth 4to 6 HP at sea level....And if you believe 14 to 16 HP will come out of the head your day dreaming CC .....What Utah boy's are you refering 2 ? Haven't seen any in a long time including you....80hp 5# of boost what the fug !!!! CC, nobody is buying a turbo kit is concerned about 5# of boost.

I'll say it again since you don't seem to understand, to date thar are plenty of good running 2 stroke turbo's out there that run great without the need for porting/head.

CC 20 extra hp ain't going to happen from porting/head do the math.

OT

Last edited:
O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
Did you even make it out of grade school?? 240-220=20 and it was only an example yo prove that your an idiot and to prove to you that running perfectly doesnt always mean it makes the most HP.

I will have to talk to Twisted, cause they are making 80+ HP at 5 #'s of boost over stock. And we all know you cant make 15 HP/ 1# boost, so maybe their cylinder modification helps. I will see if I can get the sheets to also show the stock cylinder versus the one with the mod to once again prove that you have no idea what your talking about!!

As for how stuff runs up there, you got your *** handed to you by the Local Utah guys, so I am pretty confident when you tell me something is running prefectly, it is not even in our league!! :D

Smart Azz 15 HP/ 1# boost = 75 HP......16HP/ 1# boost = 80 HP so much for your counting skills LOL.... CC Did you get in enough deep snow days this year ?

Last edited:
C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Tried to keep the numbers simple for ya!! Ya, we had an amazing season!!

As for Utah boys, anyone that has ever road with you handed your azz to you. And I think even one day you ran back to the truck early cause you couldnt handle it. LOL

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
I'll say it again, there is NO NEED for porting/head. There are plenty of XP 2 stroke turbo's running pefect without.

Cats especially CC.

OT

AGAIN..

This post just shows how much you dont know..:cool:

DOO 800R (YES there are plenty that run well) but has a wide squish band acorn style head/ 1 ring piston/ high exhaust port (8200 rpm motor)...:confused:

CAT 800 has narrow squish band hemi style head/ 2 ring piston/ low exhaust port (7600 rpm motor)...:confused:

NOW you are right:eek:...a turbo does "WORK" on almost any motor (motor = air pump + extra turbo'd air = more power)...BUT that doesnt mean the "MOTOR" cant be tuned UP for the turbo to be MORE efficient...:lips:

As for the ramps...they "MOVE" when you ADJUST the clicker (the A in TRA), just like the carb needles "MOVE" when you ADJUST the clip position...AFTER said ADJUSTMENT they NEVER EVER move again...:light::light::light:

PROVE that statement WRONG...PROVE to me/everyone the ramps/carb needles are "MOVING" parts...BJ

CC- thanks for adding your "real world knowledge" of/to the subject...heres your JELLO/hammer...

Last edited:
N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
Here we go again...Whenn you click from #5 down to #3 how does the ramp come to rest in the #3 clicker position ? Answer, MOVES.

Many of you can't believe this is possible but to date all you that say NO WAY have yet to explain how the TRA ramps move from #5 to #3 ?

1. how do the TRA ramps go from #5 to #3 if they do not move ?

Maybe you should re-read my post. I tried to make it clearer the SECOND time around for you.

......Yes they can move SLIGHTLY during stationary adjustment (when motor is stopped and not what we are talking about here), however once the motor is operating (only time it matters), the ramps are in a stationary position relative to the crankshaft during its rotation. Inside the clutch - relative to all their other operating parts that they affect during operation - THEY DO NOT MOVE. ....

Hope that helps.

:)
NSC

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Perfectly is relative.

Example: It can run perfectly and only be CAPABLE of 220 HP, or run perfectly and be CAPABLE of 240 HP. Do you seriously just argue to argue??

Another example: You think you are the PERFECT tuner and others think you are the PERFECT idiot.

See how it is all relative??
:)

This should be your new signature CC.....LMAO!

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
AGAIN..

This post just shows how much you dont know..:cool:

DOO 800R (YES there are plenty that run well) but has a wide squish band acorn style head/ 1 ring piston/ high exhaust port (8200 rpm motor)...:confused:

CAT 800 has narrow squish band hemi style head/ 2 ring piston/ low exhaust port (7600 rpm motor)...:confused:

NOW you are right:eek:...a turbo does "WORK" on almost any motor (motor = air pump + extra turbo'd air = more power)...BUT that doesnt mean the "MOTOR" cant be tuned UP for the turbo to be MORE efficient...:lips:

As for the ramps...they "MOVE" when you ADJUST the clicker (the A in TRA), just like the carb needles "MOVE" when you ADJUST the clip position...AFTER said ADJUSTMENT they NEVER EVER move again...:light::light::light:

PROVE that statement WRONG...PROVE to me/everyone the ramps/carb needles are "MOVING" parts...BJ

CC- thanks for adding your "real world knowledge" of/to the subject...heres your JELLO/hammer...

I think im gonna faint . Your Wrong, Your Right, Your Wrong, Your Right.... They Don't Move, There Fixed, There Stationary, They Adjust. BJ/Others, your story(s) continues to flip flop, flip flop, flip flop.

I've been telling you/others for years that the ramps "MOVE" and that there not FIXED....Good to see you finally come around :p

As for your theory of being Tuned UP & more Efficient with a Turbo......Yah right, maybe if your only running 5# of boost like CC. :D Here's a little insite BJ...2stroke/Turbo's are not what i would call Efficient. Perhaps "Strain" or "Stress" would be more in "Tune" with what really occures to the 800 motor while on boost.

OT

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Perhaps the term "turbo friendly" would be more appropriate and possibly even acceptible for you OT.....and how it applies to porting dimensions, head design, ramp profiles etc......???

N
Nov 26, 2007
CowTown
I've been telling you/others for years that the ramps "MOVE" and that there not FIXED....

Dude - stop playing semantics games and stop trying to confuse people. Your story is the only one that has changed.

When your motor is running - do your ramps move?? Yeah - I thought so -Discussion over.

Who gives a fug about when its stopped - never seen a non-running sled get the highmark. I could care less that my rear axle is "adjustable" when my sled is shut off, so long as it doesn't move when its running.

You're piloting a mighty vessel through uncharted waters. Your spotter in the crowsnest is telling you there are rocks dead ahead and yet you refuse to yield, your deckhands are jumping overboard and everyone around you is getting as far away as possible, and yet...still you continue on the same course.

You guessed it OT - you're the captain of the Exxon Valdez.

NSC

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
This big bore post sure went to hell with all this "TurboTalk". I'll throw some info out of the bag. With all of the extensive dyno runs on our turboed XP kits in stock trim and the turbo vs the same kit with turbo specific cylinders and turbo specific head we gained an additional 17.3hp @ 10psi.

Our turbo ground ramps only gained 1.2hp. This was a huge dissapiontment. I thought there would have been more power in the turbo ramps :confused:.

Have a good day :face-icon-small-hap.

Dave Halverson

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
Dude - stop playing semantics games and stop trying to confuse people. Your story is the only one that has changed.

When your motor is running - do your ramps move?? Yeah - I thought so -Discussion over.

Who gives a fug about when its stopped - never seen a non-running sled get the highmark. I could care less that my rear axle is "adjustable" when my sled is shut off, so long as it doesn't move when its running.

You're piloting a mighty vessel through uncharted waters. Your spotter in the crowsnest is telling you there are rocks dead ahead and yet you refuse to yield, your deckhands are jumping overboard and everyone around you is getting as far away as possible, and yet...still you continue on the same course.

You guessed it OT - you're the captain of the Exxon Valdez.

NSC

CONFUSED !!!!! Dude you can't even figure out weather your himarking or out to sea there Captain Hook. Im surprised you even know what a ramp is. LOL

OT

Last edited:
O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
Dave or Anyone Else.... Explain why you would see a 17 hp gain with turbo/turbo porting/turbo head ? When in the real world porting adds only 4 to 6 hp maybe....AND, there is not a "head mod" on the planet that yeilds 11 hp to 13 hp....Name 1 mod shop that sells BB kits and claims 17 hp gains from just porting/head mod ? Call or Name the porting/head anything you wish it doesn't add up

OT

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features