• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP big bores - lets compare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
Heard the same thing. I thought about that setup. But like 5500 bones for a cylinder package, no pipes seemed way steep for me.

Gus, could a guy use a 950 topend kit with a modified stock single and a turbo do you think??

G
Apr 23, 2008
Absolutely could !!!!

The only thing you would want is extra cooling system capacity due to the smaller jacket volumes . !!

Other than that just a little port time tweek and reshape of the heads for boost and wallaaa !!! big cc big torque turbo OOFAH !
:D:D:rose:

Gus
oh course there is a little more to it but...thats proprietary

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
IMHO..the 860 covers all the points that make for better boost...

turbo specific porting...
2 ring cast piston...
RKT head...

and like Dave says...ya want more HP?? "turn the boost UP"...LOL-BJ

G
Apr 23, 2008
BJ, why have a whopper jr, when you can get the double whopper !!!
WITH CHEESE !!!!!:p

LOL
The 860 will be more than enough as the bottom end would be stressed more with heavy pistons from say a 950 or larger bore.

Gus

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
Hell Gus, I know a guy who can build us a 1000+cc?? big bore for the 800 twin and give us the Big Mac. Ironic thing is that Mac is his actual name :rolleyes:. Where does the insanity end :D:D:D.

Dave

WITH CHEESE !!!!!:p

LOL
The 860 will be more than enough as the bottom end would be stressed more with heavy pistons from say a 950 or larger bore.

Gus

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
Can anyone answer this question.................Does anyone honestly believe that Turbo Porting , RKT head and 2 ring piston are honestly giong to make a good running turbo on 12# of boost run faster/better ? I've got some swamp land for sale.

What the heck is Turbo Porting ?

OT

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Can anyone answer this question.................Does anyone honestly believe that Turbo Porting , RKT head and 2 ring piston are honestly giong to make a good running turbo on 12# of boost run faster/better ? I've got some swamp land for sale.

What the heck is Turbo Porting ?

OT

I rest my case....BJ

D
Oct 19, 2003
Rapid City, South Dakota
I see Nate has the infamous engine for sale now in the Swapmeet. 1075cc big bore off the older 800 twin. I know what I would like to do with one of these :D:D.

Hell Gus, I know a guy who can build us a 1000+cc?? big bore for the 800 twin and give us the Big Mac. Ironic thing is that Mac is his actual name . Where does the insanity end .

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus bohne
WITH CHEESE !!!!!

LOL

Gus

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Dude practise what you preach and IGNORE this thread.

OT

Are you going for the ....???? jezz it's gotta be coming up on your 4th ban???
Some people never learn I guess.

it's one thing to bash a person on here but to bash a business is totally out of line...unless there screwing people over that is.

Why don't you take your own advise and ignore this thread???

What's your F'in deal anyway...you'd think after a person went through a major tragedy that they might change a little....well I guess you have...your more of an a-hole now.

C
Nov 27, 2007
South Jordan, Utah
Ok, ok!! OT, I will tell you a little something. When you port an NA motor, you typically raise the exhaust port and hog out the boost or cheater ports (whatever you want to call them). What guys are doing when porting for a turbo is actually lowering the exhaust port, i.e. machining the bottom of the cylinder and machining the head to match. Now SHUT UP already!!!!

Whats the saying, "Ignorance is Bliss"? I now know why you are so ****ing happy OT!! LOL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features