• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP big bores - lets compare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
So I'm in MY shop...phone rings..I answer (I'm good at that customer service stuff...;))...and Joe Q skidoo is on the phone, he tells me "his sled ran better with the stock head VS RKT's"... I'm kinda floored at this (I've been selling them since 2001 for a reason) and ask him what sled?... "its an XP" he says...hmmm I think, what jetting are you at??..."I jetted UP 1 size"...OOOPS...I recomended he REJET to 450's and retest...he said " NO WAY, I'll burn down"...I said "If it burns down with 450's I'll buy ya a piston"...

3 days later...phone rings (I answer it AGAIN...:D)..same dude, different problem...TOO much rpm from the HP he found from the GREAT RKT head thats on his sled...

moral of the story...if OT works on it...it wont work...LOL-BJ

BTW- cutting a 800HO summit head is foolish (its already at .035-.040" and 13.5-1 compression STOCK)..NOW a std 800 or 800HO from a MXZ I cut them all the time as an option...and ramps are adjustable..theres even a MOVIE showing this in another thread somewere...:rolleyes:

It's only foolish if your trying to sell a $300. head to someone BabbleJohn...Fact still remains that for $100.00 shaving the head still works and works just fine. LOL

OT

BabbleJohn is tr

T
Jan 19, 2009
Georgetown ca
RKT head

Rkt is going to send me one of his late design heads to test, and I will post my finding after it's been through the ringer.
And I will post what it did and didn't do on my sled, keep in mind this is my motor design with his head design setup for pump gas.
Results will be posted in a few weeks

F
Nov 30, 2007
Sexsmith, AB
GAWD OT..

try something positive ....kids

lets keep on track with this thread.

Arguing with OT can be likened to a pig rolling in mud... After a while you realize the pig likes it.

Back to the Topic. When talking about the 800R motor and cylinder heads, Which way does the coolant flow through the motor? Does it enter at the top of the head and then exit at the bottom or does the coolant enter at the bottom were the water pump is and then flow through the motor exiting at the top of the head?

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Rkt is going to send me one of his late design heads to test, and I will post my finding after it's been through the ringer.
And I will post what it did and didn't do on my sled, keep in mind this is my motor design with his head design setup for pump gas.
Results will be posted in a few weeks

I will wait for YOUR test results before commenting on JELLO boy...BJ

*I'm NOT a cat guy...no first hand info to help/pass along...

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
I will wait for YOUR test results before commenting on JELLO boy...BJ

*I'm NOT a cat guy...no first hand info to help/pass along...

LATEST DESIGN.....2 seasons ago when i purchased the LATEST DESIGN M7 HEAD i was told the same LATEST DESIGN story.

Now that TNTM7 is recieving a head that sounds like a head that will be designed for his motor mod its supposed to be the latest and greatest. LMAO

What about the latest design i was sold that now works better as an ash tray in my shop than it ever did installed on the top of our M7 Jugs ?

BJ, as for your issues with Joe Q Skidoo. perhaps if you added "setup intstruction" included in the packageing Joe Q Skidoo wouldn't be calling..... And if Joe Q Skidoo burns down with 450's you will buy him a Piston ???.....Who going to repair the cylinders if needed ? And what about Joe Q Skidoo's down time ? It doesn't matter as long as the sale is made, right BJ and Kelsey ?

OT

Last edited:

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
Well, who's the jackass now?
you have an xp sled - LATEST DESIGN!
Rev sleds still work fine. Stock clutching still works fine....but you had to buy the latest design.
361596886.jpg

The oem builds a platform.
The aftermarket responds to oem latest design.
The oem observes the aftermarket latest design and uses some to improve the oem design.
The oem observes the aftermarket latest design and uses some to improve the oem design.
................progress!

Are you going to smarten up and quit buying latest design?
You stated you don't need it.

Last edited:
O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
Well, who's the jackass now?
you have an xp sled - LATEST DESIGN!
Rev sleds still work fine. Stock clutching still works fine....but you had to buy the latest design.
361596886.jpg

The oem builds a platform.
................progress!

Are you going to smarten up and quit buying latest design?
You stated you don't need it.

Tell me something don't you sell "latest design" XP clutch kits ? Joe, when are you going to smarten up and realize that folks can read right through your BS. How many times have you SUCKERD people into buying your Rev or XP clutch kit ?

What do you get when you get BJ, DJ & RKT all on the same thread ?...3 Joe Blows Peddeling BS

OT

Last edited:
M
Nov 26, 2007
billings, MT
Tell me something don't you sell "latest design" XP clutch kits ? Joe, when are you going to smarten up and realize that folks can read right through your BS. How many times have you SUCKERD people into buying your Rev or XP clutch kit ?

What do you get when you get BJ, DJ & RKT all on the same thread ?...3 Joe Blows Peddeling BS

OT

do you actually think you have any credibility? i mean even if these guys "peddeled BS" the way you dialogue totally eliminates any credibility you might have ! as an outside observer the only thing being peddled is your bloviating, over-inflated ego! stop with your caviling arguments and provide this thread with some substantive info. or please refrain.:eek::) have a nice day and i hope this thread stays pointed in the proper direction!:beer;:D

djm

Lifetime Membership
Tim, can you explain the advantage of heat cycling in your breakin procedure with an 860/880 aluminum/nicasiled cylinder walls, aluminum pistons, aluminum block and aluminum head.

I can understand the advantage if we are working with steel or cast iron, but not sure what it is doing for us with mostly aluminum parts.

Everything else in your following statement, I can understand and agree with.

The key to BB long life, when ever you start it, dont use throttle, cold starts let it idle for at least two min before you touch the gas, always let your sled idle down after hard pull, even ride it easy for a min or two to stableize your cooling system, Use Engine ice coolant, or add water wetter to your cooling system, never use more then 50% coolant mix, water cools better then antifreeze. Run good oil and lots of it, so many song and dances about 40-50to1 ratios, OUCH, i run 28to1 and my pipe head pistons, valves are clean as whistle and no loading up.
And when its new, heat cycle it on the stand at least 5 times in 15min on and 30-45min cool down.
and last, break it in nice, 30 min of easy runing, one 5 second hard pull, 30 second idle down then let it cool for 20 min, do that the first tank, you will have pistons that look new after 500 miles.
OH, never use clear gas cans, never let your gas sit exposed to ultraviolet light EVER! 91 octain becomes 86 octain in 4hrs of exposure in a clear gas can left in undirect light!!!!!
THe age old story, things always blow up last ride on sunday, large majority of that is because there gas sat in the sun all weekend and they ran there hotrod on 85 octain or less.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
LATEST DESIGN.....2 seasons ago when i purchased the LATEST DESIGN M7 HEAD i was told the same LATEST DESIGN story.

Now that TNTM7 is recieving a head that sounds like a head that will be designed for his motor mod its supposed to be the latest and greatest. LMAO

What about the latest design i was sold that now works better as an ash tray in my shop than it ever did installed on the top of our M7 Jugs ?

BJ, as for your issues with Joe Q Skidoo. perhaps if you added "setup intstruction" included in the packageing Joe Q Skidoo wouldn't be calling..... And if Joe Q Skidoo burns down with 450's you will buy him a Piston ???.....Who going to repair the cylinders if needed ? And what about Joe Q Skidoo's down time ? It doesn't matter as long as the sale is made, right BJ and Kelsey ?

OT

Ok...Joe Q skidoo didnt buy the head from me (no idea were/how he got it, but he called ME for help...)...the heads come with jetting instructions from me...hes NOT the only guy that "thinks he knows more than Kelsey about what jet to run EVEN when jetting instructions are givin" (you come to mind)...he hasnt called yet so I can safely say I wont be fixing his motor, BUT if he did...I would fix the whole top end (I have parts in stock), I'm that confident in the 450 main jet (have run 430's in testing..but YOU would know anything about that)...

will wait for a qualified tuner to verify said head...thank you very much...BJ:D

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
Ok...Joe Q skidoo didnt buy the head from me (no idea were/how he got it, but he called ME for help...)...the heads come with jetting instructions from me...hes NOT the only guy that "thinks he knows more than Kelsey about what jet to run EVEN when jetting instructions are givin" (you come to mind)...he hasnt called yet so I can safely say I wont be fixing his motor, BUT if he did...I would fix the whole top end (I have parts in stock), I'm that confident in the 450 main jet (have run 430's in testing..but YOU would know anything about that)...

will wait for a qualified tuner to verify said head...thank you very much...BJ:D

Anyone have a pair of size 16 ballet shoes and a XXXL ToTo for bigJohn ?

OT

Last edited:

Dynamo^Joe

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Thunder Bay, ont
www.iBackshift.com
ot hasn't been a good salesman for me, he's been a great salesman for me, almost like my agent.
He's spawned customers via him being so unlikable that it raises their curiosity about me and what I do.
I get a customer...
...asking "what's is wrong with him?" or "how old is he?" " what's his grudge?"
...then, making their comments about ot
...commenting of their own experiences "on-the" or "a" subject matter
...questioning me about clutching curiosities
...I end up making a sale.

if someone wants to give me stevo's address I would like to mail him a plaque "award for good service" an award by way of showing my appreciation for ot who has generally given such incompetent, incomplete information and years of good service.
The criteria is for recognizing something extra that someone can stand out so much from the average.

Such qualities on their own do not qualify anyone else for a good service award, no, only for being soo00oo outstanding in contradiction as stevo is.

THANKS

Last edited:
M
Sep 21, 2002
Edmonton
Congrats

Congrats Teto for taking an informative thread and turning it into a garbage sidetracked POS thread,
Credits also go to BJ and DJ Both of you are also responsible for the hijack, and for letting OT reel you in.:(<< yes SAD

Deaner, thanks for this thread, nothing like an thread that I was really finding interesting, but I think it has become a twisted twat.:face-icon-small-dis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features