• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XP big bores - lets compare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
I have a 880 kit on the bench (from an unhappy customer)...ZERO/NONE/ZIPPO porting (raising the roof of exhaust between the guillitine and bore AFTER chrome process isnt porting) and chamfering the exhaust edge of the piston is???:eek:

IMHO- I trail port the STOCK 800R and get 5 hp...I will beg to differ with anyone, extensive porting (8 hours worth per SHR860R and its NOT done by a 13 year old with a dremmel:rolleyes:) is required on a BB that makes good power, having the best head design helps too:beer;...BJ

BTW- I DOO have 2 port specs...MXZ and Summit...and soon to have "twin pipes only" specs...

Rember what happened last time you starting making statements about what hp can be made with an 800 that bondi ported 800 a few years back almost made you eat your shorts at haydays ;) I think it was .5 or 1hp off the 160 mark you said was impossible. The new 800R is working just as well with his porting/airbox and head and its a heck of alot more then 5 hp gain.

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
I have a 880 kit on the bench (from an unhappy customer)...ZERO/NONE/ZIPPO porting (raising the roof of exhaust between the guillitine and bore AFTER chrome process isnt porting) and chamfering the exhaust edge of the piston is???:eek:

IMHO- I trail port the STOCK 800R and get 5 hp...I will beg to differ with anyone, extensive porting (8 hours worth per SHR860R and its NOT done by a 13 year old with a dremmel:rolleyes:) is required on a BB that makes good power, having the best head design helps too:beer;...BJ

BTW- I DOO have 2 port specs...MXZ and Summit...and soon to have "twin pipes only" specs...

Porting Alone = minimal performance improvement .....Add a "good head" to the porting = increased performance improvements.....Porting, Good Head & Twin Pipes = Strong power (maybe) if the tuner can get the package to run consistant from 1 day to the next. All anyone has to do is follow the history of "twin pipes" and skidoo motors. So when i read port specs for twin pipes only all i can conclude is more BS being posted on SW.....BJ what ever happened to the Decker Twin Pipes you and Kelsey were at one time pushing ? LMAO

I've said this many times over the years. The best 2 mods you can do to skidoo motors 670 cc, 700 cc & 800 cc stockers = shave the head & clutching for good reliable performance without breaking your wallet.

How much HP does the 800 gain from porting only ?

OT

Last edited:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Rember what happened last time you starting making statements about what hp can be made with an 800 that bondi ported 800 a few years back almost made you eat your shorts at haydays ;) I think it was .5 or 1hp off the 160 mark you said was impossible. The new 800R is working just as well with his porting/airbox and head and its a heck of alot more then 5 hp gain.

TJ-

UMMM you are forgetting my original point...I BOUGHT his 163 hp kit...and dynoed it per HIS specs...on the same dyno I do all my work on and it made 149-151 hp...the SAME ##'s as my 150 hp trail port 800HO kit...NO 160+ hp...NOT even close (hence I didnt "eat my shorts":cool:)...and to BACK up the dyno...my 163 hp 840HO would beat that sled the Bondi motor went into on the lake/trail and the radar gun all winter long...

As for the 800R...JUST a trail port, NO other work yields about 5 hp...I didnt say MORE wasnt available...(air box, reeds, timming, head mod or RKT head all add power)...please read carefully before posting...

OT-

YOU run a BB with NO porting and I will run mine WITH...wanna race?? LOL thought so...as for the Deckers?? that wasnt me that was Kelsey (nice try)...the 800R with trail porting ONLY yeilds about 5 hp, that cylinder is very impressive stock (hence the 150+ hp stock 800)...just like the 600HO that motor has an awesome stock cylinder (hence a 120+ hp stock 600)..but there I go, ACTUALLY porting/building/testing/dynoing/updateing/fieldtesting/drag racing/running at 1000' and 9000'/run several diff port specs/testing many diff pipes, reeds,timing,jetting,fuel etc but what do I know?? other than I started dooing this (performance snowmobile work) in 1994-1995 and 2010 looks like another great year:beer;...BJ

BTW- when is the OTR shop opening for business?? YOU obviously know MORE than everyone...:rolleyes:

I

Insaneboltrounder/sjohns

Nov 26, 2007
Oh man..... those last few lines were funnyyyyyyy. Cant wait to see the line up at OTRacing and shingling. The term " big hat , no cattle" comes to mind. sj

T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
TJ-

UMMM you are forgetting my original point...I BOUGHT his 163 hp kit...and dynoed it per HIS specs...on the same dyno I do all my work on and it made 149-151 hp...the SAME ##'s as my 150 hp trail port 800HO kit...NO 160+ hp...NOT even close (hence I didnt "eat my shorts":cool:)...and to BACK up the dyno...my 163 hp 840HO would beat that sled the Bondi motor went into on the lake/trail and the radar gun all winter long...

As for the 800R...JUST a trail port, NO other work yields about 5 hp...I didnt say MORE wasnt available...(air box, reeds, timming, head mod or RKT head all add power)...please read carefully before posting...

OT-

YOU run a BB with NO porting and I will run mine WITH...wanna race?? LOL thought so...as for the Deckers?? that wasnt me that was Kelsey (nice try)...the 800R with trail porting ONLY yeilds about 5 hp, that cylinder is very impressive stock (hence the 150+ hp stock 800)...just like the 600HO that motor has an awesome stock cylinder (hence a 120+ hp stock 600)..but there I go, ACTUALLY porting/building/testing/dynoing/updateing/fieldtesting/drag racing/running at 1000' and 9000'/run several diff port specs/testing many diff pipes, reeds,timing,jetting,fuel etc but what do I know?? other than I started dooing this (performance snowmobile work) in 1994-1995 and 2010 looks like another great year:beer;...BJ

BTW- when is the OTR shop opening for business?? YOU obviously know MORE than everyone...:rolleyes:

Will you offer a money back guarantee in writing that your 800R big bore will run down a bondi modified 800R? I have acutally given your big bore some thought but I was thumbing though an amsnow and saw your bb was rund down by the dynoport setup whats up with that? I have heard good things however I have yet to see anything run down my bondi modded 800r if you were willing to put up a top end with a money back written guarantee I would do one since we have 2 x 800r xrs sleds coming. Seems like a good side by side test no?

And I was referring to the dynotech runs of the bondi motor doing 158+ at his dyno.

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
LOL BJ OTR now thats some funny stuff right there......By the way the "O" in OTR stands for ORIGINAL and there is nothing original about a BB Kit Twin Pipes or Single Pipes.

Before you turn on the air compressor that you use to inflate your ego....BB kits both good and bad have been around for a long long time.Theres nothing original about them and certainly not rocket science. :beer;

No worry's from OTR theres easier ways to make a living

OT

Last edited:
O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
....As for the 800R...JUST a trail port, NO other work yields about 5 hp

LMAO BJ above 8000' that 5hp trail port = 2HP maybe.....Hardley worth the expense/reliability imo.

Bottom line you get more useable power from "Bolt On Parts" than you do from porting.

Writen 100% warranty on a "Complete BB Top End" that will be the day

OT

Last edited:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
Will you offer a money back guarantee in writing that your 800R big bore will run down a bondi modified 800R? I have acutally given your big bore some thought but I was thumbing though an amsnow and saw your bb was rund down by the dynoport setup whats up with that? I have heard good things however I have yet to see anything run down my bondi modded 800r if you were willing to put up a top end with a money back written guarantee I would do one since we have 2 x 800r xrs sleds coming. Seems like a good side by side test no?

And I was referring to the dynotech runs of the bondi motor doing 158+ at his dyno.

So a 1 off Rich Daly Battle/Forge "special" VS one of my customers trail sled is???:rolleyes: that same sled on ice radared in the mid 124's later that winter, he didnt lose to any other XP all winter...what do want??? you have a good running Bondi mod:beer;...my engine makes 171 hp on pump gas, NO claims of beating anyone, just a strong reliable BB trail combo, you wear Bondi underwear so be it...I just know his 163 hp 800HO motor made 150 on my dyno...and it cost me over 1000 bucks to see it...:eek:BJ

As for the "MBG" I'm game...but it has to be apples/apples...same sled/track/studs/clutching style the only diff being the motor...you could call me and we can talk vs keyboard racing...or even were do you live?? I might have a sled in your area!!!

Last edited:

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
LOL BJ OTR now thats some funny stuff right there......By the way the "O" in OTR stands for ORIGINAL and there is nothing original about a BB Kit Twin Pipes or Single Pipes.

Before you turn on the air compressor that you use to inflate your ego....BB kits both good and bad have been around for a long long time.Theres nothing original about them and certainly not rocket science. :beer;

No worry's from OTR theres easier ways to make a living

OT

I know what OT stands for, and its ???-LOL...I didnt say there was anything original about my BB kits, they have been around as long as boring bars...LOL... (I think I have made some better than others)...just that I can build/sell them to the general public with good success and very little problems and make good power and good customer service THAT MY FRIEND IS "ORIGINAL"

I dont need the air compressor, I let my sleds/motors doo the talking (I'll chime in once or twice...;))...so no OTR?? hmm maybe thats a good thing...:beer;

As for porting, I didnt say it was the best mod...just that I did it, dynoed it found more power than stock!! what else do you want?? what bolt-ons (that you bought, dynod,tested,verified) that make more than 5 hp apiece?? (this oughta be good)...BJ

BTW 5 hp at 1000' = 3.75 hp @ 8000'...you still suk at math...:p

Last edited:
T
Nov 27, 2007
Canada
So a 1 off Rich Daly Battle/Forge "special" VS one of my customers trail sled is???:rolleyes: that same sled on ice radared in the mid 124's later that winter, he didnt lose to any other XP all winter...what do want??? you have a good running Bondi mod:beer;...my engine makes 171 hp on pump gas, NO claims of beating anyone, just a strong reliable BB trail combo, you wear Bondi underwear so be it...I just know his 163 hp 800HO motor made 150 on my dyno...and it cost me over 1000 bucks to see it...:eek:BJ

As for the "MBG" I'm game...but it has to be apples/apples...same sled/track/studs/clutching style the only diff being the motor...you could call me and we can talk vs keyboard racing...or even were do you live?? I might have a sled in your area!!!

I don't wear any specific underwear I wear whatever works.

2 XRS 800's same studs one bondi modded with dunn clutching and same studs in both sleds
one your bb 800R kit which will be the fastest, mph quickest et and least finicky setup?

I already know my ported 800r lost to nothing and ran like a stock sled jetting and clutching wise.

The bigbore is interesting and I have always wondered is there that much of a gain from 30 cc's?

Were in the greater toronto area across the street from bondi's shop always looking to try something different.

T

tinman800

Dec 16, 2007
Right.... Just because it doesnt look like a 13yr old has been in there with Dremmel and made things twice as big, does not mean there have been changes that will make hp. Quite the opposite actually. Porting that works in the mtns is quite different than what works at sea level.

What do you want for your 'unported bb' ? I'm looking to pick one up.

Wish you would have bought at the first of the season when I tried getting rid of it. Sat on the bench until my brothers motor went down (his fault), so instead of suffering the down time to send his top half out we slapped it on and ran it for a while. Now BJ has it and I hope it runs when he's down. My stock 09 800 would take it every time same rider on both sleds.

Not trying to piss anyone off but usually you clean up the casting marks when a motor is ported. Maybe its supposed to be this way, maybe not, but it did not run any better than a good running 800. That was a poor investment on my part, I hope it runs hard when I get it back from BJ.

If you really want it pay the bill at SHR and send BJ your cylinders and stock head for an 860 kit for me and you can have it.

BIG JOHN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesoooota
I don't wear any specific underwear I wear whatever works.

2 XRS 800's same studs one bondi modded with dunn clutching and same studs in both sleds
one your bb 800R kit which will be the fastest, mph quickest et and least finicky setup?

BJ- Both with Dunn clutching/Bondi box/stock pipe and can sounds like fun....030" shim and 460 or 470 mains all winter long...very consistant...I recomend the ET billet thermostat due to a little extra water temp from the 860..

I already know my ported 800r lost to nothing and ran like a stock sled jetting and clutching wise.

The bigbore is interesting and I have always wondered is there that much of a gain from 30 cc's?

BJ- Its 60cc's and a better 2 ring cast piston, porting and a better head...its the total combo, not any 1 thing!!:beer;

Were in the greater toronto area across the street from bondi's shop always looking to try something different.

Just call...I'm around all summer...BJ

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Nah, thanks though. I have a line on a core for a decent dollar. At the start of the year, I was looking for a buddy.

My motor from Ralph right now runs wicked, and I'm sure the next one will as well. I've ran with lots of rev/xps with nitrous/bb, some big dollar reich specials and havent had any troubles. Actually been called a few names....

I've seen the numbers from most of the bb's out there. Different strokes for different folks. I've had real good luck.

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
As for porting, I didnt say it was the best mod...just that I did it, dynoed it found more power than stock!! what else do you want?? what bolt-ons (that you bought, dynod,tested,verified) that make more than 5 hp apiece?? (this oughta be good)...BJ

BTW 5 hp at 1000' = 3.75 hp @ 8000'...you still suk at math...:p

Like i've stated not worth the $$$$ or the reliabilty factor

This Oughta Be Good..."Twin Pipes" will make more than 3.75 hp @ 8000' (when they run right).... At sea level where twins have better chance to run correctly twin pipes can get 10 hp ++ vs Your 5hp trail port...This has been verified, dyno'd and tested many times. :eek::beer;

OT

Last edited:
M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
Like i've stated not worth the $$$$ or the reliabilty factor

This Oughta Be Good..."Twin Pipes" will make more than 3.75 hp @ 8000' (when they run right).... At sea level where twins have better chance to run correctly twin pipes can get 10 hp ++ vs Your 5hp trail port... No dyno testing needed just a fact BJ :eek::beer;

OT

whats your point. for most of us trying to get every little bit an extra 3-4hp counts regardless of cost.

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
whats your point. for most of us trying to get every little bit an extra 3-4hp counts regardless of cost.

At the Track 3 or 4 hp ( maybe ) = Zero Performance Gain other than it sounds Cool and Cost $$$.

Take 2 stock sleds....1 stock with good clutching VS 1 Porting Only with good clutching.... i'll bet $100.00 that the sled with "porting only" will have zero performance gains in "deep mountain snow conditions" above 8000 feet. Thats My Point.

Some guys also believe that adding a "lightweight can" = 3 hp LOL

OT

Last edited:
T
May 25, 2008
Oroville Washington
OT, dude what are you ranting about?? BJ said that a trail port gains 5 hp. Thats a verifiable fact. No one was trying to sell one. He suggests an 860 kit and that the 'package' of porting, cube gain, head, (and jetting setup :eek:) will gain about 20 verifiable horsepower. Now why in the he!! are you stuck on talking about porting?? Calm down and move on with life LOL

M

maxwellzx

Oct 16, 2008
At the Track 3 or 4 hp ( maybe ) = Zero Performance Gain other than it sounds Cool and Cost $$$.

Take 2 stock sleds....1 stock with good clutching VS 1 Porting Only with good clutching.... i'll bet $100.00 that the sled with "porting only" will have zero performance gains in "deep mountain snow conditions" above 8000 feet. Thats My Point.

Some guys also believe that adding a "lightweight can" = 3 hp LOL

OT

well not many people beleive that. at best some brands put out maybe 1hp.

but its the 10-15lbs savings people are after with a "lightweight can"

O
Nov 27, 2007
Western Wyoming
Many canisters lose power.

I rode with the stock can on my 2009 163 XP most of the year ( i just wanted to compare stock XP with clutching mod only VS Mod XP" ) Later in the season i adding a light canister..... Honestly you can't notice the weight saving either.

Skidoo did a very good job of balancing out the XP compared to years past.

OT

Last edited:
S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Before you turn on the air compressor that you use to inflate your ego....BB

Someone coming on here who doesn't have his own shop, doesn't test various things in various conditions every season but picks fights with the guys that do:confused:
That's some serious psi you got pumpin up your own ego.

So please tell us why you know more then the guys who do this for a living like BJ, DJ and I'm sure you've gotten into it with Al and RKT as well????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features