• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who all have had their 800 blow?

04 800x 151 well after 5360 give or take a couple miles she's done! lower pto rod bearing, also pto ring locator is now in the top of the piston? ha ha! rings flaked at 1100 or before?replaced by dealer! amsoil hp from day 1 ! all i can say is thank you ski-doo for a great sled! time to see big john for a 840! you can't put a price on FUN!!!!!!!!! chuck

Just seemed to me you were intentionally messing with people. It worked:D
Yeah, I was the one to point out the engine failure problem. Go find the Cat post for 7's 8's and 1000 M- sleds. Doo is running 10 to 1. Please don't hate me for that.
My son runs a dyno and has tried to verify the 800 R's horse power claim. He's tried thre motors and they all blew. That's when I started this thred.
What I said on the Cat side is absoultly true, you've got the perfect sled, you need a motor.

Owen

My 05 summit squeeked after 500 miles-carb boot crack

Then my 08 xp top end went at 1700 miles-cause not yet determined

Good thing it gave up the ghost at the end of this season or I'd by crying like the rest of the x-pee owners who have issues with BRP.

First year glitches in order of occurance::confused:

problem- solution-

belt exploded through side panel dealer may replace sp - good chance

2 belts(166) 20/49 gearing, 1/8th 2ndary shim, 377

right handwarmer element failure -put on fly bars with better heating elements
(update replacements get very hot as well)

rear torsion springs bottoming out(set max) - Put in delron inserts. These help
keep springs at correct position.
- stiffer springs hinder ability to
get on top of powder (transfer)
This works = no bottoming

Intake problems (aka deep powder bog) - Cone filters=fair, velcroed teflon
mesh or older rev intake foam over
existing screen=good, secondary 3"
tubing between headlights through
top of dash w slp=best setup

clutching off (high engagement @5k rpm, - 2mm over rollers(+5g) with
trouble holding rpms above 8000 in long climbs) skidoo hollow pins(15g)
and 413 to 415 ramp change

magnetic reset button delamination, - different glue-needs redesign
random trip meter computer reset when starting no solution-software glitch

rear grab bar failure (bends, shatters, breaks) old rev grab bar bolts up
BRP did a great job saving weight:mad: with 4 new holes drilled

oil injection cable adjustment off reset to 28 mm as advised
(2-3 quarts of oil for 10.5 gal of gas) Considering premixing with
oil res and pump removed

throttle/injector cable setup inefficient(sticks) buy 2010 950 etec (170hp)
or use Arctic Cat 440 cable

deep snow hillclimbing track speed 37-42mph - Install Aero 66 and @15 psi
getting 75-80mph track spd
in steep and deep

why do we buy doo's ..let me count the ways

I can't believe this is even a subject ?? He's reading about doo failures and wonders why we buy them ? ok Doo is 90% of the sleds on the hills yet only has 25% of the failures. Doooo the math. I bought a new YAMMI ( reliable ) only to spend the next 4 months being lied to and not riding the best powder seen in ten years. I bought a used Doo 06 and had the most fun i have had in 20 years and when it broke ( motor ) i was back on the trail in 6 days ................ YAMMI couldnt fix a plugged line in ten days...... I buy DOO cause my dealer cares if im riding or not..

I can't believe this is even a subject ?? He's reading about doo failures and wonders why we buy them ? ok Doo is 90% of the sleds on the hills yet only has 25% of the failures. Doooo the math. I bought a new YAMMI ( reliable ) only to spend the next 4 months being lied to and not riding the best powder seen in ten years. I bought a used Doo 06 and had the most fun i have had in 20 years and when it broke ( motor ) i was back on the trail in 6 days ................ YAMMI couldnt fix a plugged line in ten days...... I buy DOO cause my dealer cares if im riding or not..

Hey now don't be talking about fun. This thread was started by a Cat guy to try to bash anything other than what he ride. Let's not bring up the F word. Just post and move along. These guys must all be driving Volvo station wagons because they are so safe.

Oh yeah; with my three 800's so far I had a can mounting bracket break. I know it's not technicaly part of the engine but I just want to be one of the guys and post my complaint. No then again, I'm sorry that was on my 700. Crap now I don't have anything constuctive to add to this informative thread to edify the brethren............ Nevermind

Last edited:
WoW 9 pages so far
Why do we buy doos again?

05 800 - crank bearing 2500mi.....1st ride after I bought it!!!

Lets see I wonder how many small block Chevy's blow on dirt tracks around the midwest compared to Ford and Chrysler ? Probably 10 to 1, but there are probably 1000 Chevy's running for every Ford and Chrysler so does that make the small block Chev a POS ???

Kaboom

What was probabably going to be one of the last rides of the seasom my XP blows on the Pemberton Icecap. With the trail being pretty rough now and creeks open it looks like a heli ride out. It seems like the ring must of spun and caught one of the ports. It turns easy 1/2 a turn then stops. I have about 6500KM on it and was hoping that it was actually going to go the whole season. If BRP would do a piston change at 4000KM under warranty it sure would be cheaper for them than waiting for the motor to blow. Anyway except for the heli ride I would rather have it go now than in December when the dealer doesn't even have time to scratch his b@lls.

What was probabably going to be one of the last rides of the seasom my XP blows on the Pemberton Icecap. With the trail being pretty rough now and creeks open it looks like a heli ride out. It seems like the ring must of spun and caught one of the ports. It turns easy 1/2 a turn then stops. I have about 6500KM on it and was hoping that it was actually going to go the whole season. If BRP would do a piston change at 4000KM under warranty it sure would be cheaper for them than waiting for the motor to blow. Anyway except for the heli ride I would rather have it go now than in December when the dealer doesn't even have time to scratch his b@lls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so Ray are you going to do it now,,, we wont tell anyone!!!! by the way how long did it take to get service on the globalstar!!!

My goodness.... how many times do you get towed in??!! It's time to give up on the Doo. It's not worth the hassle. Buy a piece of crap cat.

Should be flying it out this afternoon. Still have 2 backup sleds if you want to come up. For once the Globalstar actually worked. I had summitseeker double me around all day and pull my sled to the creek crossings.

07 Summit XRS Engine #3 went today. 320 miles. Crankshaft on all three. Its starting to get old, but it runs so good when it runs.

LMAO

time to find a new dealer man. 3 cranks? wow, I blame majority on that on dealer

Mine let loose around 4600km, boen stock 07 XRS 159, mag. side main bearing and seal went out and causes mag. cyl. to run lean, burnt up the piston, broke the rod and aluminium went everywhere. long block on the way.

even so i wouldn't ride anything else but a doo.

n596200303_2564809_4625.jpg n596200303_2564810_4884.jpg n596200303_2564812_5326.jpg n596200303_2564813_5569.jpg n596200303_2564816_6376.jpg

Premium Features

Back