• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who all have had their 800 blow?

have any of you had the crank brake off right at the inside of the clutch because that is what happed to mine at 1300 miles. 07 x, hope brp covers it.

2007 800r seized at just under 400 miles.
Buddies 06 rev had crank bearing go
His dad on 06 rev also siezed
All these problems were within a 2 week period
COME ON SKIDOO GET YOUR SH?T TOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!

A least the thred is slowing down and soon to be out.

I applaud Doo's new XP sled. There will be a few things needed beafed up, but what seems to be need most is a tougher bottom end on the engine. Unfortunatly that's where more weight comes in. We can hope that next years sled will address this, but I'm affraid those plans are already made for '09. With the new E-tech development there might not be a needed brand new 800.

Owen

Add me jto the list

07 XRS, 1600 miles, pretty much stock. Happened yesterday, I should have known better than to ride this mountain sled in the mountains, now I have to get a crew together and try to get this POS out.

PTO side, made a god awful noise and got me about a half a mile towards the truck, only 15 more to go.

A friends XP broke a driveshaft on Sat.

Gotta love the Doo. I am so tired of this sh$t.

Hey, now go easy on these things. They have the most technologicaly advanced 800 tow stroke motor that I have ever had the pleasure to work on and on and on. Did I say "tow stroke", I ment Two Stroke. I think they are great!Q! FYI, 07 XRS, 151 for sale, skid plate, hand guards, shovel, tunnel bag, 648 miles on chassey and 0 miles on new motor, entertaining all offers!

Another 07 XRS bit the bullet

Husband 07 XRS broke its first crank yesterday, 1577 miles. Y pipe, Can, milled head 174 x 16 Track
06 800 2400 miles no problem 162"
04 800 sport 3000+ miles no problem 162"
01 800 HM Broke Piston at 3200 miles, wiped motor out entirely.
97 670 Summit still going strong 8000+ miles.

After waiting 2 months for the dealer to do a top end on my 07 800, first ride our 30Km later it is shot again. If it wasn't the dealers crappy work that caused it what might it be. Before it went the first time after a WOT run it would idle high for 10 sec or so and when you shut it off it would still run for a few seconds. Can bad reeds cause this, bad crank seal?

I realy liked the whole idea, but with all these engins blowing

I decided to wait. I said if my buddy Dave's XP lasted the season then I'd bite. Nope it blew Sat.

Owen

After waiting 2 months for the dealer to do a top end on my 07 800, first ride our 30Km later it is shot again. If it wasn't the dealers crappy work that caused it what might it be. Before it went the first time after a WOT run it would idle high for 10 sec or so and when you shut it off it would still run for a few seconds. Can bad reeds cause this, bad crank seal?

Ray,that's detonation,bad seal or too lean jetting.

06 Summit X, 1724 miles, lost a rod bearing Saturday.
I bought it used at 1200 miles and posted a thread about how much better I liked it than my previous sled, an 02 Edge RMK800.
Rode that RMK 3500 miles and it only broke when I broke it, (trees, rocks etc.) beginning to think I made a huge mistake swithcing to DOO.:mad:

Dealer called today, Doo is out of engines, pistons, etc. all on back order. No telling how long till I get running again.

No wonder the 07's resale is about the same as a Yugo. Has anyone looked at the swapmeet lately? I want to get rid of this sled but I think I'm stuck with it.

My wifes' 05 600 Rev has 3300 miles and has never had a problem. Maybe I should have bought two of these.

Let's all just face it. Mountain sledding is like being a woman hooked on cocaine. It is incredibly expensive and there is no logic to it; filled with intense highs and very depressing lows.

04 800 151 3800 hard miles
I use this sled 1 week every year in west yellowstone only. no problems until this Jan 23. I had a ring spin and catch exhaust port. I replaced cylinder and two pistons. put on 400 miles and had to buy a new sliding half of primary clutch. expensive week but at least i did not have to rent. thinking of ordering a xp ?

07 800R Adr -- 680mi cracked block
-- The dealer showed me the piston sheared nearly in half. This was 1 week after replacing a cracked RAVE valve.
-- New block has 100mi on it...

08 163 XP Motor didn't go away but the rest of the sled caught fire going down the trail at 35 mph. Only had 135 miles on sled when it roasted. Got so sick and tired of the BRP "BS", went and got a Nytro. Problem solved.

Premium Features

Back