• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who all have had their 800 blow?

Replacement Short Blocks are supposedly on backorder - anybody have any information on when new motors will be available?

2000 700 Summit 3000 miles, tow sled used to pull back 800s
2001 700 Summit 1500 miles sold after second season
2002 800 HiMark 1800 miles then did 840, rebuilt twice in 500 miles, went back to stock have about 600 miles on stock rebuild.

2008 XPx 154 Sled has about 500 miles smoked one belt.

Seems like when you lean on the motor outside the realm of "Stock" you are asking for a big boom...

Just my 2 cents.

Blown xRS twice....in 400km.

I almost made the switch to Polaris as my 07 XRS (Xtra-Rental-Sled) crank went at 1800km then new/rebuilt motor (not sure what they put in) ran two tanks of premixed fuel just to make sure and babied it for 200km. Went to the mountains 3 times and was just starting to love it then I should have shut my mouth but caved the crank again after 400km since the last motor.

I was going to bring it in and get them to warranty it and sell it privately and go buy a Dragon 800. Had it all lined up as some on backed out of their sping order but my local shop made me an awesome offer. So I am the uneasy owner of a new XP everest. Will trade it in in the fall and order an X model next year.

Man there is going to be an aweful lot of pissed off XRS owners out there that cant unload their sled as no one will want to buy one. The worst sled I have even owned. Loved the suspension but nothing but clutching issues and motor problems.

lost the crank on my 07 xrs 1100 miles

I just lost the crank on my 07 xrs with 1100 miles on it. I Called every Skidoo dealer that I know of in western Washington today and they all had the same story. They said they have only seen 2 07 800r's with bad engines since they came out last year and it's very uncommon for them to have any engine problems. They also told me that there's no updates to do on the crank they just put in a new one. I think Skidoo is hoping the fix will last long enough to not be coverd by any warranty next year. The shop I took it to told me I will have 1 year warranty on the new parts. I would sure like to know how many 07's were sold and how many of them lost engines.

Well if the oil was doing its job I would think it wouldnt hurt...

03 800-4700 miles and goin strong.

Did you say '03??? I think we're talking about 800R motors... I've got all kinds of 2-strokes that have run trouble free for years but I'm on my third 800R motor in one year - it's not the oil!!!;)

every one I ever owned

1996 summit 670 oil cable broke. Top end

2000 summit 700 top end not sure of reason

2002 Poo 800 RMK crank. junk design

2004 summit 800 top end mag side not sure yet but will be back on the snow friday. Down for 4days.

Reliable no, but the Doo's sure do rip.......

G

my 07 800r is still inthe shop from early december. Two f'ing months and still not fixed. Delaer says he can't get any short blocks:mad: What kind of comensations do you think BRP should give me.

my 07 800r is still inthe shop from early december. Two f'ing months and still not fixed. Delaer says he can't get any short blocks:mad: What kind of comensations do you think BRP should give me.

i blew mine up the day after Christmas and i just got mine back last thursday with a new short block.

you need to call out your dealer on this one, thats bull crap.

mine burnt down (07 800r) on JAN 5, dropped off at dealer JAN 7. they got into it on JAN 9, and ordered a new shortblock under warranty JAN 10. the dealer told me he had read on "doosquat" (as he called it) they were backordered, but he said they had 25 or so in stock. JAN 16 my motor came in. I told them they could hold off a little on puttin my sled back together as i didnt need it for that weekend, as long as I had it by the following weekend...which they did.

so from the time they ordered a motor, till the time they got it in.....6 DAYS

you should really get on your piece of crap dealer, mabye contact the district rep??? I bet they forgot to order it or ordered the wrong part number or something.

Joe

Last edited:
We had 2 07 XRS blow there engines this past weekend.Both just siezed solid going up the trail. One had 800 miles on it and one had 1200 miles.

If it makes you 800 guys feel any better my Rt1000 also siezed solid this weekend as well with 1200miles on it.

Not feeling real warm and fuzzy about skidoo at this point. Really enjoyed the 1000.00 rental bill as well....NOT!!:confused:

71 250 Elan…. Five broken skis, a spark plug, two dozen bogie wheel springs, (welded most of them back together, didn’t cost a dime) ! That was back in 72.

O7 XRS 159 .. just replaced the head and base gasket last week at 2000 mi.

just got back from island park: 08 xp 800 with 600 miles crank gone, next day 08 xp 800 with about 500 miles same thing... both towed out with 700 dragons haha it was a great picture!!

Talked with rep at Puyallup show in Oct as I was debating trading or selling my 07 Adrenaline because of crank issues or keeping it with my new XP. My issue is it had 140 miles on it and would not get much more as a back up sled and 2nd year warrentee would go fast. He said that Doo would cover the issue even after warrentee. I know...get it in writing but just know he said that and if you have a bearing issue with the 07 based on their design...stand tall.

For what it is worth...my brother updated his 97 MM clutch with new rollers and a new Carlisle Ulta 3...took off down the trail...nailed it after a few miles...belt exploded and primary clutch slammed together wrecking the spiders and bending the crank. That is at 7000 miles...and 5 with one Ultimax 3 belt. Guess time to rebuild, eh? This is a tweaked Hartman modded MM and it was a spanker. Something to be said for Yammie quality...used to be my sled and I love my XP...don't get me wrong! Goose

No more problems with my 07 Summit X.4 trips to dealer last season(3 clutch, updates 4 belts,y pipe bolts,oil pump recalibration )and last month finially uncovered electrical gremlins $100 hr.Traded it in on an 08 Dragon 7,not afraid to hold it wide open(belts).Dump the DOO buy a POO.:)Just my opinion,unless you have stock in Carlisle and or Doo belts or are independanty wealthy:eek:

With 108 miles my 08 146x blew it's crank bearing due to oil pump not working. Most likely pump never worked but had to go through the first oil-added tank to show up. Shop swapped with short block in less than a month under warranty and fixed handwarmers. Clutch alignment is better this time, only leaving slight marks on primary every 50 miles or so.

I'm glad I got the 2nd year engine warranty and will definitely sell it before it expires.

Very happy with it and looking forward to the updated belt

Premium Features

Back