• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who all have had their 800 blow?

on mine (pics above) doo is replacing the whole short block. not doing just the pistons/jugs....

my bet is doo has seen enough of these motors/cranks....so theyre replacing shortblocks now.

it`s post like this ...that make me want to sell everything but my 1980 340 enticer..i have 4 kids that ride the hell outta that old girl..and it goes everytime you pull the rope....now why cant them make a new sled that is kid pruff.. then most (grone ups) would never have a problem

Look what this guy that started this thread had to say on the cat thread.

"Well I posted the topic on how many blown Cat motors here and And I posted a simular post on the Doo site for just the 800's. Our topic has faded and the Doo topic is rippin'. The Rev. Mountain chassis might be the best, but it's not much good with out a good motor. Our M sleds are clearly a winner. The XP will not be worth much the way it currently going. I'd like one , but only with a Cat motor."

Owen

ohh big deal...we blow motors....

id rather blow engines than goats!

ha ha ha

every manufacturer has problems from time to time. i guess if you want the best, you deal with the rest.

my mountain cat never left me stranded or broke down, but it liked plugs.....

my mtn viper broke the driveshaft (m7 skid, tightened the track too tight, my fault) and engine never hickuped even with the N2O ran through it for 2 years.

my 07 summit motor burnt down, mabye because of the oil i was running...who knows, but BRP is taking care of me, so i have no complaints

i think the 800r will prove to be an extremely reliable engine once the replacement gets here with the new case....i guess ill see

my .02

ohh big deal...we blow motors....

id rather blow engines than goats!

ha ha ha

every manufacturer has problems from time to time. i guess if you want the best, you deal with the rest.

my mountain cat never left me stranded or broke down, but it liked plugs.....

my mtn viper broke the driveshaft (m7 skid, tightened the track too tight, my fault) and engine never hickuped even with the N2O ran through it for 2 years.

my 07 summit motor burnt down, mabye because of the oil i was running...who knows, but BRP is taking care of me, so i have no complaints

i think the 800r will prove to be an extremely reliable engine once the replacement gets here with the new case....i guess ill see

my .02

36_1_10.gif

"ohh big deal...we blow motors...."

Ehhhh, so it doesnt matter if your engine blows on you in the middle of nowhere, freezing temps, no phone connection and 50 miles from nearest anything.
Guess you and I got different opinions.......... duuh
You cant be for real

i can be, and am very for real....

i think ANY catostrophic failure that could possibly leave you stranded SUCKS, and is DANGEROUS. its one thing to have your headlight go out, or your gauges quit working, but its a whole different ball game when your crap doesnt run.

i was being just a little sarcastic about blowing motors. i thought people could figure that out.

i doo believe that there are some design flaws with the first 800r's that hit the snow. I believe that doo figured them out, and the new blocks will be just as reliable as the other engines are. if you look through the posts, the blown engines arent limited to just the 800r, but people have posted about the older 800's in doo's line-up. just because nobody replied in the cat thread dosent mean their sleds are perfect, mabye they just dont have as many recent events to bring back the passion about faulty equipment as we have had. I have been riding for quite some time now, and i have seen every sled manufacturer being towed out at one point or another. the only one that stands out that i have not seen as many being towed is Yamaha...nobody can deny that they have some of the best reliability records ever.

just read my post on driveshafts breaking, and you will see that i care about big issues.

i think the xp has some, as well as the early 800r, and i think they should be fixed....quickly before someones life gets taken...

but no matter what we ride, there will always a few of us with problems.

so far good luck

so far...........

98 summit x 670HO 3568 no problems
03 summit x turbo 800ho 3000 no cranks yet..
04 summit x turbo 800ho 4223 stock crank, havent had any flaky ring problems and it has had 10-16 psi of boost and has been in a lot of deep powder and some steep chutes. vin# is 00000030, i guess the first ones were put together right????

1085 PSI motor..... 1000miles new top end, crank, rods.....rode 100miles and crank lobe broke, crankcase broke...........maybe polaris had a couple lemons............????

three pages of blown motors................ we eigther ride the sheet out of these motors,,,, or they suck. i'm betting on the riding. my motor last about 2300 miles on 82 hundred rpm.

check mine out...
07 800r xrs, 9xx miles...no more blue marble for me...

CIMG1046.jpg

CIMG1047.jpg

it was entirely too dry in the bottom end...who knows...

blue marble eh...! for the last 12 years of riding..i've only bought the cheapest 2 stoke oil i could find! never lost an engine or had pistons suffer from using it! even on my new xp i dont use thier recommended oils...go figure!

My 07 X is not blown up or so I hope,the dealer is a week out on service.Was riding with the wife ,stopped to wait for her to catch up.Looked down at the guages to see everything flashing,turned it off,opened hood everything seemed OK.Fired it up again ran 2 seconds then died.Towed out 10 miles with the wifes sled.Now at the dealer,backed up a week till they they can look at it.They think it may be the cdi box but wont know for days:(.If it is I hope they have one in stock).It's at the magic 2000 mile mark

How many of you guys with blown engines, blew a belt or two prior to the engine cratering?

The 4 800R's in our group have all blown....right past all those lethargic Cat 1000's. :beer; Not a single problem with all 4.

How many of you guys with blown engines, blew a belt or two prior to the engine cratering?

i blew 7 or 8 belts last year on my 07...just before the ride my engine let go, my crank runout was .002, ....you can say i am just a little anal when it comes to this motor. i doo way to much wrenchin just for giggles between rides...

Joe

i blew 7 or 8 belts last year on my 07...just before the ride my engine let go, my crank runout was .002, ....you can say i am just a little anal when it comes to this motor. i doo way to much wrenchin just for giggles between rides...

Joe

That's pretty decent runout after 7-8 blown belts.

Premium Features

Back