• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Who all have had their 800 blow?

98 670 seized 560 miles
04 800 bad rings,no warranty,inner pto seal 1400miles no warranty,carb boots delam,no warranty.
07 800r(gave up bought a tra3)700 miles....nervous!!!

o4 rev 1000 miles first crank went at 2500 miles lost one side top end . One hundred miles later lost the other side. I guess I should have done both sides at the same time lesson learned..At 3000 miles another crank went south. When I hit 3500 miles I lost the top end again now I'm at about 4200 miles and I don't have alot of confidence in this motor.
o7 at 1400 miles and about the only problem I haven't had yet is the motor. After having the clutch done four or five with up dates I'm still not sure it's 100 %.

Yamaha and a lot more weight looks better every day to me!!!!!

You Guys Must Really Like The Abuse

not to poke fun but dang do you drive Yugo's to work and ride AMF Harleys during the summer? I like tinkering in the shop as much as the next guy but popping a motor every other ride doesn't sound like fun, can you invoke the lemon law and buy a different brand?:eek:

'05 Summit Adrenaline -- broke a piston skirt at 1700 miles, pieces took out the crank also. Got a new short block under warranty; now have about 4200 miles on the sled, no more major problems. "Thing" can and Team secondary and a few other minor things...

2002 Hmk8

Seized mag bearing three yrs ago with ??? 5500 klicks on? Took piston and jug with it.

Was running early "holey" pistons from Kelsey and couldn't git a new one - but bought a used one and instaled.

I only rode that machine two weekends last yr - but rat outta the gate I could hear what sounded like that daggum bearing aggin! But I rode on... On the way back to the truck four days of riding later while playing in a wet swamp it died and we towed it ??? 30 klicks ??? to the truck?

Could'a swore it would be the bearing aggin - but it still turned over - somewhat.... Turned out that used piston [three yrs later] sucked a skirt. Case looks to be OK and it is ready to go back in now sporting "drop-ins"/domes, diff jugs, new crank, and drilled case. I still think it was that bearing making the noise. It seems OK at hand spinning speeds, but 7000 may tell a diff tale? I think the piston just beat it to the punch.

Other 02 Summit is all original as far as I can tell - just bought last season. It is 20# low in one cyl - and will be git'n new pistons and either a greased crank or drilled case after we git back from a ride in a cpl weeks. 3500 miles on that machine. (Yank machine)

Last edited:
I hope no one else chimes in. I'm getting nervous:eek: Might have to sell the XP and by the Nytro and a case of steroids;)

Not sure of the cause, but my 04 840 has a broken rod sticking out of the front of the motor as of yesterday. Took out part of the pto jug and case, antifreeze and shrapnel (sp?) everywhere. Luckily, I was 5 ft. off of the trail and 5 miles away from the truck. I have no idea what caused it, hopefully the doctor does. Was running great this year. 1200+ miles on bottom end, 300 or so on the 840. I don't know the full extent of the damage yet, either.

04 800 piston pin at about 6000Km top end at 10,000 now have 13000KM on it running good
07 800 crank at about 1500KM dead cylinder at 6000KM still in shop for 6 weeks now!!!
08 800 850 miles no engine problems yet.

mas·och·ism (mās'ə-kĭz'əm) Pronunciation Key
n.
1) The deriving of sexual gratification, or the tendency to derive sexual gratification, from being physically or emotionally abused.
2) The deriving of pleasure, or the tendency to derive pleasure, from being humiliated or mistreated, either by another or by oneself.
3) A willingness or tendency to subject oneself to unpleasant or trying experiences.
4) To keep buying Ski-Doo, (see. lemon law)

[After Leopold von Sacher-Masoch (1836-1895), Austrian novelist.]

mas'och·ist n., mas'och·is'tic adj., mas'och·is'ti·cal·ly adv.

Main Entry: lem·on law
Function: noun
: a statute that grants the purchaser of a car specific remedies (as a refund) if the car has a defect that impairs or significantly affects its use, value, or safety and that cannot be repaired within a specified period

07x 159 ski doo

334 miles then the first crank went 60 miles on second engine and then the crank went on that one also. 523 on new motor runs great. I will not ride ski doo without waranty.

2006.5 prototype XRS.....1600 miles....blew the motor up last week.I was a km from the truck and the sled just stopped,block had a hole in it(dealer wasnt sure what caused it)....Dealer was good getting me back out that day....(they replaced my bottom end with a XP..500kms on it) and used my top end....5 rides on it so far and all seems ok.We were planning on buying XPs next year but with all the BS with BRP....I can tell you Dragons are looking better and better every day..

BRP STOP USING CUSTOMERS FOR ALL YOUR R+D.....ITS GETTING PATHETIC:(

04 Ski-Doo Rev 800. Blew Crank at 1265 miles. Lost the low end said it was a lean spot :(

What did ski-doo do for you?
at 1400 miles my rings flacked and took out the top end. Ski-doo covered it. 42 miles later put a rod through the crank and I do believe ski-doo would have covered this but my dealer decided to *$(# me and not even call them. Long story short just wandering what happened with you and did u have second year warranty?

check mine out...
07 800r xrs, 9xx miles...no more blue marble for me...

CIMG1046.jpg

CIMG1047.jpg

it was entirely too dry in the bottom end...who knows...

i have an 07 800r that blew up just wondering if anybody has had any troubles with skidoo doing the warranty?

the sled had 1600 miles

Premium Features

Back