• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Vi-pec Standalone/PC/Boost It?

Thanks for the feedback guys!
I wish I could get some more reviews on the vipec but where it's brand new we will have to be the r&d...so for this year I am thinking boost it! I have the 4 injector race gas kit so it should be easy!

Am gonna put the air filter through the hood for a cheap cold air intake, he some new clutching from Dakota performance...and install a new 2.5 camo extreme!

Am so stoked for this season!

So what mods are you guys doing Before the snow flys?

just to let you know, Jeff at Dakota performance is now one of our Vi-pec dealer in north dakota.He is selling both arctic cat and polaris ECU.Jeff is coming in october to our dealer E.F.I. class and with is existing knowledge of the EFI, he will rapidely be a master at programming the vi-pec ECU.
The ECU has 4 injector drivers and can be installed in minutes on any setup.

about being the R&D guinea pigs, we test our ECU for thousand of miles before releasing a new ECU and all of its functionalities. If you want to talk to several happy guys we have made happy with the ECU, Pm me and i will send you a list with phone number you can call and all of them are from the USA and are not related to us what so ever. While at the haydays couple weeks ago, i have met some end users of the ECU(wich is cool,because all others are dealers or close friends!!) and they had realy good comments and they were explaining me how the ECU made there sled a true pull and go setup now and how much money they saved not dumping new top end every month on there sled now.
Now that we have so much time on the snow with Kokusan Denki electronics(poo,a/c), it is stupid simple for us to program base mapping for whatever is your setup(after efi class, jeff will help you out easily). if you decide to go with the ECU, we(vi-pec dealers and team) will take care of you.

Take this into consideration.. at a stock figure of 13-15 degrees of lead for an example.. we take that back to just 8 degrees of lead and now we have ANTI LAG launch spooling the turbo to ( in my sleds 24psi in 4 seconds if not limited by the bov).

Thats allot of flame in the pipe at 8 degrees advance NOT zero degrees.
Now add to that in just 6 seconds you go into det.. Where you gonna go with your timing to stop the det you instigated by retarding the timing while being under power ?..

I know, magicallly the vipec will cut fuel, add timing ,retard timing ,add fuel..

Your rings will pay the price and so will you. Timing retard for deto on a 2 stroke is NOT the same tool it is on a 4 stroke. Remember you have a tuned wave in that pipe along with that slowly expanding flame.. ( thermodynamics ) .

You can retard some timing while under power but power drops like a rock and rings cook like hot dogs.

It makes no sense to try to get around fuel quality in a 2 stroke turbo. every single shortcut has a price. every single ONE of them.

Gus

I dont always set records or win races, But when I do I prefer Garrett turbochargers !!!!!!! stay boosted my friends:usa2::usa2:

gus, i don't want to be rude but man, your quoted guru example of a sled going into detonation after launching on an antilag on 8 degrees timing retard from a 13 degrees (hope you are talking -btdc) starting point is catastrophic!! i guess you have a lot to learn on the efi side of the business(heard your good with carburator though), the more i read it, the less it makes sens....it is almost like you want too bad mounth the ECU only... because your explanation of the timing retard here simply doesn't make sens AT ALL, not just a bit. The best way to avoid detonation is a good tune, not timing retard....but a good failsafe incorporating soft ignition cut(not 8 degrees one shot(who's dumb would do that :face-icon-small-win, more like 1-2 degrees ),soft fuel cut,soft boost cut, is the most effective way to stop detonation period...but a good tune will never send you into detonation at all.
p.s.: if you want to come for the EFI class in the month of october at our facilities your welcome, we could exchange on some educative subject instead of evasive,non sens example like the one quoted.

Last edited:
antilag and detonation!!!

gus, watch from 3:11 to the end...this is an antilag not sending you into detonation after 6 seconds(nothing majic,simple programming)

Bro,, you have to learn the english language..

No where did I say detonation AFTER the launch.. NO WHERE>

Nice 4 stroke you have in the vid.. problem,, we are talking about 2 strokes..

Let this poor guy enjoy his sled without your constant interuptions to threads..go away..

be cool. enjoy your ecu. its a very nice system.. as is motec, haltech, bs3, marelli..etc etc..

learn the language..I dont pretend to know french,, stop pretending to know english

I dont bash the vipec, just the false pretence of your timing retard making 90 octane fuel safe for everyone.. that is how you sell used cars not an efi system...

Last edited:
Let this poor guy enjoy his sled without your constant interuptions to threads..
look who's talking !!

I dont bash the vipec, just the false pretence of your timing retard making 90 octane fuel safe for everyone.. that is how you sell used cars not an efi system...
used cars sale pitch.....!! that is probably why arctic cat USA 1100 turbo calibration team spent 3 hours at our software/ecu with our engineers, playing with all functions and leaving the boot taping our back with big smiles at haydays 3 weeks ago.....more, having Bill Miller(polaris industries's engineering department chief executive) spending 2 hours at the ECU and leaving his personal cell phone number at the same show make me feel the "usued car sale pitch" like you call it, is the way to go.

gus, i will not let go biased comparison of my product everywhere you go, like it or not.

:focus:

AWESOME another highjacked thread no longer of any use to anyone. I miss the old snowest where the guys who built the cool stuff came on every night and shared tech and ideas with the masses without having to face off with everyone,

Thanks for the feedback guys!
I wish I could get some more reviews on the vipec but where it's brand new we will have to be the r&d...so for this year I am thinking boost it! I have the 4 injector race gas kit so it should be easy!

Am gonna put the air filter through the hood for a cheap cold air intake, he some new clutching from Dakota performance...and install a new 2.5 camo extreme!

Am so stoked for this season!

So what mods are you guys doing Before the snow flys?

You wont be disappointed with Boost-It. You'll have it running awesome on day one, no dicking around with laptops trying to figure out how to get it to run across the parking lot.

Premium Features

Back