• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

** Turny Updates **

M
Jan 1, 2008
Rode today

We rode turny today. Blue patches in the sky and good vis until the clouds and snow rolled in this afternoon. The trail up and over is great. Played all day in the bowl to the right. Cut up most of the steep powder and tracked up the ravines. Good day of riding.

Mark

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
Tag along

My group is ridind Sunday, but I can't go. I'll be going to Turny solo and was wondering if I tag along with a group. I'll be there 10am. Thanks. Tim

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
My group is ridind Sunday, but I can't go. I'll be going to Turny solo and was wondering if I tag along with a group. I'll be there 10am. Thanks. Tim

We'll be there around same time; 07 M8 (orange), Yammi Nytro-not inconspicuous- and two Doos xp and rev. You're welcome to roll w/us.

M
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
Rode around Turny on Saturday, no new snow of course, lots of areas tracked up but it was still nice to get out and better then being at home. Got to meet some new friends and one of our buddies hurt himself. Hope you get to feeling better Allen!

Reactions: the_dougdangerak
N
Dec 8, 2007
East Side A-Town
Rode around Turny on Saturday, no new snow of course, lots of areas tracked up but it was still nice to get out and better then being at home. Got to meet some new friends and one of our buddies hurt himself. Hope you get to feeling better Allen!

Thanks Jen.....already starting therapy today,and for anyone else who there who lent a hand getting my leg splint, then helped me get stood up onto my sled and out of the 1st bowl and back to the truck. I cannot begin to thank you enough. Especially to Jen for getting to the emergency room in anchorage.

Final damage
Broken femur
Dislocated knee
Torn quad muscle
Minor ligaments strains acl & PCL
5hours in the OR at providence and a stay toll at least thursday
3months of crutches also

Everyone ride safe and be careful on the small stuff

My riding season is over at least I had a couple of epics, see you guys next year.

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
Thanks Jen.....already starting therapy today,and for anyone else who there who lent a hand getting my leg splint, then helped me get stood up onto my sled and out of the 1st bowl and back to the truck. I cannot begin to thank you enough. Especially to Jen for getting to the emergency room in anchorage.

Final damage
Broken femur
Dislocated knee
Torn quad muscle
Minor ligaments strains acl & PCL
5hours in the OR at providence and a stay toll at least thursday
3months of crutches also

Everyone ride safe and be careful on the small stuff

My riding season is over at least I had a couple of epics, see you guys next year.

Condolences Bro!

N
Dec 8, 2007
East Side A-Town
So what happened?

Hope you have insurance

Maybe in 3 months you can do some light spring riding.

sled got a lil crooked on me, I jumped off, my right leg stuck in the snow all way down just past the top of my knee/lower femur and my left leg didnt go in at all, forward momentum sent me with my leg stuck, and twisted at the sametime something gave and it was everything around my right knee.

I have insurance. Im covered.

Reactions: the_dougdangerak
N
Dec 8, 2007
East Side A-Town
Hope you feel better Allen. Let me know if you need anything and I think your wife sent me your room # so I can come visit this evening. Want me to sneak in some crown for ya?

Thanks for the thoughts and wishes everyone.

My goal is to at least make articman and puttttttt around on my sled, I think its realistic if I stay focused on my rehab. They already have me in a device today that is moving my knee slowly in and out which im already showing progress on. I'll keep everyone posted.

Things were looking bad at one point, they were concered about bloodflow because the knee dislocated to the side, and they were pretty sure that the acl and pcl were torn completely. The ligaments are only strained, they did have to cut me pretty good for the operation though. Those ended up being good.

Good thing Providence has wireless internet. On the flipside, riding your sled out of the backside of turny with a broken leg is something that was quite brutal, I almost passed out several time......Insult to injury I just also picked up a new 09 Titan Crew Cab for towing and commuting...got one whole day of use...it towed quite well though hahah

Last edited:
Premium Features