• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

** Turny Updates **

H
Oct 8, 2003
Anchorage, AK
Thanks for the thoughts and wishes everyone.

My goal is to at least make articman and puttttttt around on my sled, I think its realistic if I stay focused on my rehab. They already have me in a device today that is moving my knee slowly in and out which im already showing progress on. I'll keep everyone posted.

Things were looking bad at one point, they were concered about bloodflow because the knee dislocated to the side, and they were pretty sure that the acl and pcl were torn completely. The ligaments are only strained, they did have to cut me pretty good for the operation though. Those ended up being good.

Good thing Providence has wireless internet. On the flipside, riding your sled out of the backside of turny with a broken leg is something that was quite brutal, I almost passed out several time......Insult to injury I just also picked up a new 09 Titan Crew Cab for towing and commuting...got one whole day of use...it towed quite well though hahah

Riding your sled out of the 2nd bowl of turnagain with a broken femur instead of waiting hours for an airlift = MAN UP

A

AKHark

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 19, 2008
Anchorage
Rode today everything is tracked up but found a little powder farther up the side. Started snowing pretty good as we were leaving. Will be back Wednesday.

goodjump_0001.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2007
Anchorage, AK
We'll save a spot in the Mo Ho for ya for A-man fo sho. Still can't believe you rode your sled out, but Im having a harder time believing you actually let MYTOYS drive your new truck. :D

Glad to hear the tendons in the knee are okay, hard to think breaking a femur could actually be good news.

Here's to a speedy recovery. :beer;:beer;

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Get well!

nojoke, Sorry to here about your spill. I wonder what kind of "light" duty you will be on at work? I hope you heal up quick, but don't push it....I made that mistake. Plus I wanted to say who ever stopped riding to help him out, get him splinted and get this his stuff home.....You guys (and girls) Rock! :beer;:beer;:beer; There is some real Christmas spirit!
P4S

C
Jan 26, 2002
Alaska
Im sure the "savior" found 3 feet of fresh to land a sweet barrel roll in, even after you posers tore the place up. After all, he does have some sweet shock covers, and is sphounchered...

M
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage Alaska
We'll save a spot in the Mo Ho for ya for A-man fo sho. Still can't believe you rode your sled out, but Im having a harder time believing you actually let MYTOYS drive your new truck. :D

Glad to hear the tendons in the knee are okay, hard to think breaking a femur could actually be good news.

Here's to a speedy recovery. :beer;:beer;

Joe you are going to get it! You better watch out this New Years ;)

A

AKkatz

Jan 9, 2008
ANCH. AK
featuring AKkatz in orange

Hey Tooke, you might want to update you signature and take the Marvins Hillshooters (i.e Marvins Shiny P.O.S') off your goodies list! Thanks for postin' the pix! I was berating myself for not dropping the corney again, but now I see the reason I didn't like the landing.

T

Tookes

Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage
Ok Ok picky @$$, I'll just put TBA shocks for now until they are here and installed. Yeah the last one you went a little to far down the hill for a smooth landing, SuperFly.:D:eek:

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
Be careful out there guys. Just got home from alyeska, and there was a head on bewtween two cars. We stopped to help but there wasnt much we could do, luckily there was a little girl in a car seat that made it out fine, unfortunatly they were doing CPR on a lady trapped in the car. BE safe guys. Just before this we saw a FOOL pass seven cars in a row while he was in the on coming lane.

Premium Features