• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

STOP RIDE NOTICE: 2022 Polaris Matryx-- Merged the four threads together- Murph

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
Anyone know anything about this recall? I just noticed it when logged into "my garage" on Polaris' website.

S-22-01 : STOP SALE/RIDE THROTTLE LEVER

recall_S-22-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Just got an email with a stop ride notice for the throttle release switch.
Makes it sound like they don't even have a fix figured out yet.
This season just gets better and better.

Polaris Industries Inc. is issuing a Stop Ride notice to affected vehicle owners of Model Year 2022 MATRYX RMK, INDY, SWITCHBACK, VOYAGEUR, and NORDIC Pro units because we have determined that the throttle release switch (TRS) can fail to disengage when the throttle lever is released, undetected by the operator. If a stuck throttle condition occurs and the TRS fails to disengage, it can lead to loss of vehicle control, posing a crash hazard and risk of serious injury.
Safety Recall S-22-01
  • DO NOT OPERATE YOUR VEHICLE until this safety recall has been completed by your dealer.
  • Visit our Product Safety Recall web page to verify if your snowmobile is impacted by this safety recall. Search for the model or vehicle identification number (VIN) on the site to confirm.
  • Do not attempt repairs yourself. Repairs must be done by an authorized Polaris dealer. Your local dealer can be found on our Dealer Locator web page.
  • Your Polaris dealer is in the best position to answer your questions, but you may also contact our Polaris Owners Connections Department at 1-800-765-2747 to speak with a representative.

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
Ah, I just got the email about it.

• The throttle cable may be kinked during installation
  • The throttle release switch (TRS) can fail to disengage

When I installed my finger throttle, I noticed that the throttle cable routing had a couple tight bends. I wonder if that's related. I actually tweaked mine a bit, both to avoid the tight bends and to better accommodate the finger throttle. Didn't notice any unruly kinks, I'll keep riding.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
Doesn't appear the Product Safety Recall page is updated, yet. Looked up by VINs and product model for two of my 2022s that are referenced in the message. FWIW. Don't rely on it, yet.

zaasman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2019
Yukon
Here's the bends I'm talking about. Top one right after the barrel adjuster, bottom right before the throttle body termination. Not good spots for tight bends. Maybe I'm over thinking it, but just seems wrong to me.

throttle_cable_oem.jpg

idahosledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
My vin was listed on the email I received so I assume it's affected.
I'm starting to have flashbacks of the wonderful 2005 900rmk anniversary special fiasco.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I moved my throttle cable to the other side of the coolant hose when I put on the SLP head. I thought it looked wrong when I was putting it back together. So i just rerouted it. Works great.

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
I feel like at this point a Russian Yugo is a more reliable product then a Polaris snowmobile. A ridiculously over engineered fuel pump that wasn’t even necessary and now a poorly designed throttle cable or cable routing that could literally get you killed. The boost clutch that appears more likely then not is going to fail early. Not to mention last years 3.5” track drivers that had no chance of working long term.
The good thing about not getting my sled yet is Polaris might have some of this fixed before I get mine.

Premium Features