• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding in the little belts--thread retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Look what we found
Kitty1.jpg

This is a buddy's sled, he's trying to get back up there to get it. If anyone has any info on who stole the pipe and can off of it that would be great. He's an Air Force kid who been in the field since it broke down and just doesn't have the time or resources to get up there to get it right now. Any help would be great.

Hoe, we just rode by it twice, I stopped briefly once and just for a laugh I bowed my head and gave tha sign of the cross, other than that we saw no one around it, we didn't see anybody packin parts out. Too bad, I thought we were immune from that B.S. around here. If we would have known we would have helped him out. Probably won't be back unless it snows a bunch. If I go I'll pm ya.

I second what XXL said. We could have hauled it back to the parking lot. We didn't see anyone around it either. I took the picture just to rib a guy that rides cats. Sorry about the loss we sure would of helped.

XXL I tried the water in the primary trick and it worked but you have to use alot of teflon tape. Took two tries.

Reactions: XXL
I had some of the thicker yellow tape for gas lines that I used, it does take a lot.

Reactions: JHG
looks like they tried to tow it, they had the skis turned backwards.
f*U*C*k*I*N thieves....

Last edited:
I went to Home Depot and bought 2 of the yellow and 2 of the white it was $9. I am looking on ebay and buy a bunch for all the boys.

Someone knows who did that!! An execution is in order if we catch them.

Thanks for the info guys, we are the ones that tried to pull it out and flipped the skis around. It went down late in the day and we just didn't have enough sleds or people to get it up that hill in the spring slush. I'll try to get back up there this week an pull it back to the lot if I can get a couple buddies from down here to make the ride. Is there still enough snow up the power lines or trail G to get in an out?

I am pretty sure there will be enough snow. Get there early before everything gets soft. Go right up the bottom to the power lines and then down them. Take a left at the trail and you will come right to the highway where you can load it on a trailer.

was yesterday til 6pm

back in the day (92-94) with shorttracks we would sometimes wait til dark and the snow to set up to be able to get out of Shidoo.

The dragon hurt was an 09, the 2010 was really not much different than the 09's.

Thanks for info on the 2010..hope the 09 makes a full recovery.

Team Skooby:o

Yeah i would really appreciate any information about my sled. it was a tragic day, and was kinda emotional for me. ha ha!! Thanks

We were there Thursday...just drove by...looked for anyone stranded but didn't see anyone all 5 hrs we were up there. It's such a public place, I'm surprise someone would do that..dirty basturds. :face-icon-small-dis

Fuzz, I PM'ed him last night and offered too, I cant go till Thurs or Fri, I think he might have something set up for later today.

Reactions: JHG
Fuzz, I PM'ed him last night and offered too, I cant go till Thurs or Fri, I think he might have something set up for later today.

Yeah, the recovery team is leaving Bozeman now. We'll let you guys know how it turns out!!

let him roll on his own from the top of the powerlines, having a rope attached on that hill could spell disaster. lol!:eek:

Here are a few more from Friday...

DSC01478-1.jpg

DSC01480.jpg

The 2010 Dragon 8, loved it!
DSC01479.jpg

DSC01482.jpg

Nothing hurt but pride?...

DSC01487.jpg

Look what we found!!!

IMG00025-20090420-1759.jpg

BigHoe recovery service got it out today. He lost a driveshaft bearing climbing Weatherwax and the sled rolled down to the bottom. The poor cat is resting at my house in Bozeman now. Thanks to all the people that offered help. If any of you are ever riding down here let me know...I'll show ya a couple top secret spots.

To that guy that stole the exhaust can...There's a few of us that have been riding with that sled for years and would recognize the sound of that can anywhere. It's not a real common sound, you'll know what I'm talking about when you put it on your sled. You'll run into one of us eventually, and when you do you'll know. I hope you enjoy it and the thought that anyone that rides up to you at Kings Hill or Lincoln maybe someone wanting to comment on your exhaust.

Great we are all glad you recovered the sled. To bad about the can. Maybe the jerk will see this and return it or drop it off at a shop.

look at my poor sled!! god its depressing. thank you to everyone who wanted to help. Adam looks like a pro on that beast!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features

Back