• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riding in the little belts--thread retired

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
May day 2009

What an awesome conclusion to a great season. May 1st riding was pretty darn good. It was a brisk 34 degrees when we arrived late afternoon Friday, the sleds were running great and the snow was pretty good. It started to get crusty towards nite..but it was a great day!!! Here is a pic

IMG_2157.jpg

Skooter I guess we wait till next year to run them!!

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass. It's about learning to dance in the snow.:beer;:beer;

Four of us went up yesterday and played in the snow for what me will be the last time this spring. I had a boot behind one of the carbs break and it did something to the motor. I went back to the parking lot early and by the time I got there it was running on three. Did a compression test today and only has 100# on that cylinder so it's got to come apart. Not too many people out riding anymore.

5-2-09 King's Hill 001-1.JPG 5-2-09 King's Hill 003-1.jpg

I feel like the grinch that stole SUMMER!!! Went riding Friday, May 8, 2009. The air was crisp and the sleds were really running snappy. It was a great ride. We were the only ones that had been there all day/nite and had the WHOLE Mountain to ourselves. The trails were pretty smooth with the 2-3 inches of fresh snow over the melted/frozen base. We covered alot of territory...68 miles. It was snowing hard part of the day. Snow texture was like BROWN sugar...kind of rough not soft or silky.

The bad part is I lost my helmet. I left it on the trailer and it fell off. So if anyone finds a blue/yellow MSR helment like in the picture, please let me know. We went back up there today...5/09/09, but didn't fnd it. Looked like someone may have stopped and picked it up. It took me 4-ever to find a helment that I liked....ugh! There wasn't anyone up there riding today...could have had it all to ourselves AGAIN. Rats!

IMG_2203.jpg

IMG_2175.jpg

Reactions: XXL
Between the rain showers and 40 mph winds I finally got all my trees sprayed for the pine bark beetles. Kathy's M7 was in shop for 5500 mile top end redo. So she and I waited until today to give it the last Hurrah. And that it was. Parking lot frozen mud so went to top to unload. Alone. She had fun going up Weatherwax. Scattered clouds with some flat light in the shade but we went everywhere, she even went up the "chute" by Spur. Called it early to be back for neices birthday party and a big black thunderstorm over the hill on our way home.
My old camera crapped out so had to try out new one. Its got more megeepixies than I'll ever use..
The old knee gets it a week from Monday so I'm done for this year. (Unless someone wants to up up next week. He He)

Thanks for all the posts and weather updates on the site and the great rides with new people. See ya next year!

If anyone wants to ATV it later this summer, give me a buzz.

Fuzz
IMG_0017a.jpg

IMG_0020a.jpg

IMG_0022a.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Fuzz and Kathy.
Looks like we were near the same spot earlier this year.... Same ridge, just a different view. Funny.

IMG_1847.jpg

Might be up on King's Hill on Saturday.... . . . . . . . .

Well its up to my buddy Josh. If he wants to I'll be there on a big ole blue 900 Poo splatterring his red and white Doo :face-icon-small-win

If you go up tomorrow make sure you bring your checkbook to pay your fine. As we are now on the new travel plan the trails close today the 15th. I would call the Forrest Service first to find out.

Damned Forest Service, always throwing a monkey wrench in the spokes of my bicycles. Thanx for the heads up!

According to the newspaper, it is closed to "cross-country" travel so I would assume you could still ride the trails. After all there is only 80 inches of snow yet in Spur Park and you dont want to hurt the grass.

no worrys

Fuzz will rebound back stronger than ever....kinda like the Bionic Man. lol!
the guy has got it goin on, Good Luck Fuzz!:beer;

You got it Spud!! He will be back at it in no time. We plan on riding 4-wheelers by the 4th of July. The good lord willing!!

twist my arm Spud, twist my arm. Ya know I do have 2 new sets of spark plugs i haven't used... . . . . . . . . . . . .

Just talked with Kathy. Maybe out of hospital today. Monday was a bit tough but all has been going good since then. I would look for him to post sometime this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Premium Features

Back