• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Qestions answered #1 VIPEC ECU

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
Do you have a det problem? Sound like it.
We do have det on.
Yes your egt should be reading. Is your map set up correctly? Who set up your map?
Type of turbo kit, I need more info. I pmed you.

How does the stock mounted pipe temps compare to EGTs that would be mounted in the Y-pipe? Can we use the stock mount pipe temp sensor for tuning like you would with a Koso EGT gauge setup?

Also, I was under assumption that my DET sensor was on. But when I was looking through the setting I think it is off. How do I configure it?

Last edited:
My understanding of the stock mounted pipe temp sensor is to regulate the temperature of the pipe so they can control the speed of sound within the pipe. This is to match the pipe length, port timing for the scavenging process of the cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryce, I know this is a vipec thread but is there any chance you could share how the mail gets delivered with the bully dog? I always appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge with us.

Mail gets delivered the same way as the vipec. But the sizing of the correct departments is a little off right now.

Hexadecibel is a bit hard to work with. The definitions need to be true and correct. If the definitions and scaling are not right then you are still trying to fool and manipulate something in the mix.

Like map sensors and dead times of the injectors.

Hey Bryce, you busy today, I need 10 min of your time, been trying to call, but I see your active on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What software am I going to need on my laptop to enable data logging and down linking to dealer. Also what version of windows is required?

You'll need to download the VTS software from the Vipec website: http://www.vi-pec.com/software. You can actually download it and play around without having an ECU hooked up; kinda fun to see what you can actually screw with. As for Windows, I can confirm it works fine with Win 7 starter edition, as well as XP. Haven't tried it on anything older than that yet.

If you want to give your tuner the ability to connect remotely (I know Bryce and Cody both offer these services), you can download the free TeamViewer software. www.teamviewer.com

Blasted! I am having a hard time keeping up. Just keep bugging me. I will get you taken care of. Thanks

You'll need to download the VTS software from the Vipec website: http://www.vi-pec.com/software. You can actually download it and play around without having an ECU hooked up; kinda fun to see what you can actually screw with. As for Windows, I can confirm it works fine with Win 7 starter edition, as well as XP. Haven't tried it on anything older than that yet.

If you want to give your tuner the ability to connect remotely (I know Bryce and Cody both offer these services), you can download the free TeamViewer software. www.teamviewer.com

Do not dowload the software/firmware starting with 5.0.?.?. This firmware is for our new top boards used in the new arctic cat 1100 turbo ECU and doesn't work with the 2 stroke ECUs.
Dowload the latest 4.9.?.?.

Vi-pec Powersports

Do not dowload the software/firmware starting with 5.0.?.?. This firmware is for our new top boards used in the new arctic cat 1100 turbo ECU and doesn't work with the 2 stroke ECUs.
Dowload the latest 4.9.?.?.

Vi-pec Powersports

Hopefully works with windows 8 havnt really looked into new laptops but I. Think that's what most come with. I've used team viewer so that's cool it works decent.

Yes windows 8 works great. That is what I use. You just can't use the new google stuff.

Looks like Ill be downloading software sooner than I wanted sled pops and cuts out as I pin throttle from dead stop it's possible it's hitting rev limiter but I don't think it was second time I tried stretched four springs enough exhaust pipe came off intake on turbo. Wouldn't run right after that not whats going on. Also noticed speedo is way out of whack as I limped home wasn't going near as fast as it said lol. Anyone else have issues like this.

Looks like Ill be downloading software sooner than I wanted sled pops and cuts out as I pin throttle from dead stop it's possible it's hitting rev limiter but I don't think it was second time I tried stretched four springs enough exhaust pipe came off intake on turbo. Wouldn't run right after that not whats going on. Also noticed speedo is way out of whack as I limped home wasn't going near as fast as it said lol. Anyone else have issues like this.

Let us log in and see your log. It will only take a sec to set you up right. All the adjustability in the world. Yes the speed can be set up right also.
If it is a 2013 or more set Speedo to 5000. 2011 0r 2012 1500

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Who did you buy the ECU from ?
The ECU is as good as the program programmed, let one of our dealers help you by remoting.

Vi-pec Powersports

Premium Features

Back