• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

>>>>> OFFICIAL SKI-DOO 2017 SUMMIT REVEAL ((Full Details & Photos))

a couple first thoughts.....

-am i understanding that the cooler is built into the tunnel? punch a hole in a the cooler, and your tunnel is toast?

-no info on front end changes (s-module area)

-10 lb weight drop IN THE TRACK ALONE! impressive, but i hope the track lasts....

-why different boards between sp and x models. that is a complete waste of money on the manufacturing side of things. why not offer something more appealing to the X model snow checker's.

-the 850cc engine hype has me bummed out..... there is literally no gain in HP (i know it says 10 hp, but something is funky). old etec was 163.9 hp, this one is 165 hp

If throttle response is 30% faster along with faster power valve response ... the sled will get to the upper power band faster?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zkSH793SGo

Last edited:
This is a great looking chassis. I checked it out today at the show and have nothing but high hopes for the sled. The front of the running board looks like it could narrow up a bit but I bet it works great as is. Panels fit nice, sled is striking in person. Word is the 3.5 pitch track is more efficient and flat throws the sled. Combined with the mega quick motor it gets the sled moving and is a ball to ride.

It's a bummer about no 174 in the new chassis. I threw a fit and got no where. We won't be seeing one for 17.

Had a very interesting chat with the engine guys..the displacement was added through additional stroke. Cylinder has room for a big bore with an end result around 920cc for those interested in a bit more go..
It should be noted that the engineers are very confident in the life expectancy of this engine. They are seeing around twice the life on a dyno as an 800 etec. They also told me they don't expect us to have good luck with nikasil rather than their plasma coating due to how it retains oil. Interesting stuff.

Also, for all the "cast pistons only" guys out there, take note that this new 850 is a forged piston motor from the factory.. Surprise surprise.

Really neat stuff. Even with no 174 this should be a great next winter!!

Sweet sled - I'm with Christopher this is probably the two stroke that will get me off my turbo yammie when I decide to pull the trigger.

I like how they have made what appear to be some very good durability upgrades - which are key for me.

They should have taken it one step further with the "diesel technology" and put a Jake Brake on it for steep decents :)

I am very happy for you Doo guys - looks like a winner for sure.

The more you look at the changes and attention to detail, the more interesting this sled gets! Nice job Ski Doo and good post. I just bought a 16 174 a month ago and love it so I might wait a year but it is tempting for sure!

So on the white and orange 850, are the rails white or silver? They look silver on the pics on here, but white in a live video from Facebook.

Engine technology they are introducing is pretty astounding. Amazing progress. Just as surprising - I would expect a major jump in price, like the Axys over the Pro, but it didn't happen.

Doo will likely offer an early release 175ish in 18. They are sitting back and watching market reactions right now. Nice job guys. Forget about looks, if it works as advertised, gonna sell a ton of these the next three years. No way cat can compete with this motor tech, and we know what Poo offers now.

Anyone know if they pushed this project ahead one year to counter the Axys? Guessing the short tunnel and longer front end was clearly influenced by the Poo, but the motor tech was long in the making.

Anyone else skeptical on the built in tunnel cooler..other than that I think it's fantastic, price is even better..thought we would be looking into the 15's

hmm......

first off great job christopher ecxellent post!

but why is the old unchanged 174 still more money? the 850 is a 550.00 upgrade when biulding an sp

norona claims the 165 850 out climbs his 174 so much that he could not even poach his 165 track and make it up the same hill.

so brp thinks the longer heavier less powerfull less agile less balenced less responsive .....ect sled is worth more money than there new sled that is supposed to grossly out perform it?

id say either norona is completely full of bs or skidoo just performed an epic case of marketing suicide for the 174. good luck selling the left over 174s ouch.

Last edited:
I'm Impressed. A company drops 25lbs, and adds 10 hp in the same year. I can't believe people are still complaining. I haven't owned a sled in a year, but it looks like I'm going to have to get back into it after seeing this. If only you could buy the Freeride colors in the Summit.

Premium Features

Back