• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

>>>>> OFFICIAL SKI-DOO 2017 SUMMIT REVEAL ((Full Details & Photos))

Sleds look awesome really like the new look, skidoo listened to their customers. The all new sled is lighter, narrower, and more power. Whats not to like ? They have updated everything from the Xm chassis. Guaranty once the 850 hits some other dynes we are going to see closer to 170hp and nice torque increase. The 30% more responsive is impressive too.

Sleds look awesome really like the new look, skidoo listened to their customers. The all new sled is lighter, narrower, and more power. Whats not to like ? They have updated everything from the Xm chassis. Guaranty once the 850 hits some other dynes we are going to see closer to 170hp and nice torque increase. The 30% more responsive is impressive too.

This is exactly what I was thinking. This engine should spool a turbo pretty dam quick

I like the changes and direction doo has gone. It is a really good time to be a sledhead!! Thanks for posting all the info Christopher.

Thanks Christopher for puttin that all together for us, nice work. I do wish that doo gave us more pictures of thing like the gauge, glove box, panels open, how the hood attaches, under hood pics, just more detailed stuff. Disappointed in the 9.5 gallon tank and the gauge. Sled is beautiful I think, reminds me alot of the original rev. Looks like an awesome sled, looking forward to riding one.

Nice. Clutch and motor technology is pretty sweet. Also cool to see some good chassis triangulation...good for the entire chassis. Surprised some guys are whining...this is some super cool technology. Heck, between the oil and belt savings....that helps covers a sled payment for any frequent rider. And the piston design...forged pistons and eliminating expansion rate issues. Pretty cool stuff i think.

Yeah not sure why all the whining and people expecting more, very cool sled from skidoo. Absolutely a game changer in my mind, so much new technology.

Little info from Dave's video at club brp right now.

Engine is 1.5 inch narrower
Panels 2 inches narrower each side !
From his test riding the 2017 165 out climbs the 2016 174 with ease, called it a monster.

Pics from my dealer at the show, posted on Facebook

That shows the e module much better!!!!
Looks much stronger in that angle.

Hopefully skinz can make some panels to get the sides a little skinnier.
Some skinny running boards and this thing should be ready for the steep trees!!

3 out of 6 ain't bad skidoo.
Not bad at all.

Pitch is 3.5in.
154, 164.5, .....171.5 or 175.
There should not be a 174.
The 165 has 7 less paddles than the 162x3 T3's 163.

Last edited:
That shows the e module much better!!!!
Looks much stronger in that angle.

Hopefully skinz can make some panels to get the sides a little skinnier.
Some skinny running boards and this thing should be ready for the steep trees!!

3 out of 6 ain't bad skidoo.
Not bad at all.

Rear view, still a 16 wide track. They sure narrowed in up a lot.

Sorry picture is sideways

IMG_2073.JPG

Super Stoked

Thanks Christopher for all the work you put into this.

The new technology is amazing. I have never bought a new sled, and this will most likely be the year.

The sled looks bad a**. Looks mean. I don't know what you guys are talking about. I think it will grow on most of you non-Poo riders.

It really seems like it will be the sled to beat. Time will tell though. I want to see some videos!

They talk about easier to pull over due to centralized weight.
Pretty much guarantees it will be awesome because the Ski-doo is already amazingly easy to throw around. Some of that comes from the t-motion.....I'm glad they kept it.!! I really haven't seen t-motion make side hill lines tough to hold??!!

My Axys is great to side hill, but so was my XM. And this 2017 looks to be even better.

Last edited:
Rear view, still a 16 wide track. They sure narrowed in up a lot.

Sorry picture is sideways

The published specs say 2" overall skinnier on the sidepanels.
.8" each side on the running boards.....
Definitely a step in the right direction!!!

After seeing the cast S module that changed the whole ballgame.
I might have to learn a horizontal steering post again... :)

thanks Christopher

cool to see doo bringing new moves to the table
great for the sport good for all riders

i think i got caught up in the hype and am still taking in the changes
i will say i was excited about a narrower stance and 15'' track i think that'd be interesting
love the clutch ! lets face it that was overdue so thats awesome
the Etec has a good track record and more responsive is very nice
love the weight loss
not sure about the cooler but interested
like the track design
would like to ride one :face-icon-small-hap
time will tell i guess

Premium Features

Back