• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

>>>>> OFFICIAL SKI-DOO 2017 SUMMIT REVEAL ((Full Details & Photos))

Thanks Chris for the great job putting this together!! Fantastic...

Lots of cool stuff...I wish the Summits would have gotten the rack steering of the MX's..would have gladly taken the slight weight gain for how well it's worked on the RS's.

Running board variations sure make me curious. Difficult to say whether it's worth going to a X versus the SP..although the limited color options make that somewhat of a easier decision.

Little more in here on the entire line for those that are interested.

http://www.maxsled.com

For this guy....likely a black 850 154X. Curious to see what mods from the XM will fit...some suspension pieces sound as though they may be close to pre T3 front end shocks.

I'm very impressed....the last time I remember a new chassis and motor combo was in 99 with the ZX and 600 intro.

That ball joint in the rear suspension seems sketchy... Also kinda just seems like the same chassis with new plastics and a wider ski stance... Still a pretty cool sled though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks cristofer for the pictures.. And info

Gotta give doo credit.. They took the big leaps again that cat, poo and yammy have to mimic and follow.. Always nice to be the leader in technology as they say

Doo research and deviolment team have always been the forefront in sleding since I got my first poo back in 85.. They stood out and I swaped over quickly:face-icon-small-win

They are certainly leaving this motor down in hp a bit or giving us low hp numbers compared to the etec 800 at 163hp last time checked by dyno tech..

Personally I feel they are setting it up for a turbo package, with all the upgrades we need to make it turbo specific.. Light weight two piece crank, stronger better lubed rods, better ring guide and supported journal Pistons, lighter stator, lighter primary and more responsive raves.. Closer throttle body's with secondary injectors, and quicker more responsive main injectors.. Hole things to me adds up to boost ready motor.. Then the lighter track..

Wish they would of offered a 174 package on it thou.. Maybe come 18..

Great job doo and we know you tested this to our satisfaction.:present:

S module is new/cast but the E module looks unchanged.
75050564a6c871f25e5bcc562bdec798.jpg

As always, there are a few skeptics in the crowd. If only they would take as much time to read your awesome posts as they put into posting how Doo did it wrong. Almost all of the answers to their complaints are there!

Looking like a well put together sled!I thought the 800 Etec was responsive, I can't imagine what this motor is like!

All sounds pretty sweet!

I still have warranty on my '14 though and don't do year 1 stuff.

The front end looks like a shovel...other than that it all sounds pretty nice.

Last edited:
Interesting they came out with an 850 engine! Other than that did anything really change that much? Have the fuel tanks always been 9.5 gallons?

Also, anyone else feel like they look very similar to the old revs too?

One thing I will give doo is that they have a lot more selection to choose from in terms of engines and track lengths!

But those boards look super wide and honestly I would worry about getting my foot stuck in the holes on the XM boards.

Wow very impressed... doo really stepped up the mtn sled game. They really listened. They say it gained 10 hp. Thats the important number re the gain.

Well done brp... cat will need some impressive bait....

They will leave the 174 for 2018 so they have something to offer. But they will sell it as a 176.

GOOD WORK SKI-DOO and THANKS CHRIS!!!

Very Very happy with the new product. I'm not ready for the 174 yet so I think I will be happy with the new 165x3 Summit X Black with yellow 850 E-TEC!!!!!!!!!

Cheers!

I am digging the new Summit X!

Read on one of the pictures that the new gas tank burps air lots better as well as the fuel level being more accurate. That'll be nice.

Really want a test ride this thing!

Premium Features

Back