• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

>>>>> OFFICIAL SKI-DOO 2017 SUMMIT REVEAL ((Full Details & Photos))

a couple first thoughts.....

-am i understanding that the cooler is built into the tunnel? punch a hole in a the cooler, and your tunnel is toast?

-no info on front end changes (s-module area)

-10 lb weight drop IN THE TRACK ALONE! impressive, but i hope the track lasts....

-why different boards between sp and x models. that is a complete waste of money on the manufacturing side of things. why not offer something more appealing to the X model snow checker's.

-the 850cc engine hype has me bummed out..... there is literally no gain in HP (i know it says 10 hp, but something is funky). old etec was 163.9 hp, this one is 165 hp

Prior etec dyno results I saw were coming in at 155ish HP...so 10 hp gain if you go off of dyno?

Great info! Nice to get all the info right here!

Do the bars stay flat when turning like a Cat or a Polaris?

My biggest complaint about ski doos is the laydown steering. Can't stand it

Funny, my biggest complaint about the cat is the steering. don't like that the skis turn at a slower rate than the bars. cant seem to get used to that at all.

I guess it is a fine machine, I have only so far looked at the pictures and basic highlights

BUT that is one ugly snowmobile!!

Ski-doo designers used to be color blind in the past, but know they have completely lost it in the styling,

Why in the world can´t none of the 3 major manufactures make a nice looking plastic panels:face-icon-small-dis

So is it me or is this the exact same bulkhead/s-module as the XM. Still the lay down steering and is not 25LB lighter, more like 19LB's lighter. As mentioned the HP is only 1.1HP difference. Honestly its a letdown.

--If I were to buy one, it would have to be black for sure...to hide the fugliness...but maybe she rides really nice and
will grow on me...

--One tank of oil for a riding season...is that good or bad???

---Good job getting the info out there in such a timely fashion!!!

Great Post Christopher.......thanks for taking the time to put that all together. I am pumped and like others have said it is a lot of information to wrap my head around at the moment. Probably will keep riding my 15 T-3 163 for now......at least until I have the opportunity to ride a new one. But all the improvements makes it hard not to pull the trigger on an 850.........dang it....lol.......it's a good time to be into sledding!

Cheers!

Dave

Thanks Christopher. The mapping is probably going to be conservative on first year. The extra injectors are interesting. I've always thought a two stroke needed this for better lubrication of motor. My question is if they are going to go straight gas or mixture with oil there.

Am I seeing it correct, no 174 with an 850?

That makes it very easy for BRP to offer a big update for 2018 to get more sales. It's normal to get mid-gen updates like special editions to boost sales after they dip from the first surge at the initial release. It's exactly what they did with the T3 in the first place.

Last edited:
Premium Features

Back