• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How was the year for the 09 XP's?

With the 800 08's there was belt/driveshaft/motor issues. I have not heard much about the how the season went with the 09's.

Were the problems resolved in 09?

IMO the best mountain sled ever built. The '08 (and '09) issues with clutching are easily cured, we have seen no other consistant problems....in fact very few problems at all. I just picked up a '08 to build over the summer.

i didnt have one issue with mine last year, the thing is a monster on the hills, i need a little clutching and it would be perfect.

they look like one he!! of a sled. I was curious about the motor issues, I have not fallowed Doo to much. But the xp's look pretty good.

And with the "how many of your 800's blew"(or some title close to that) thread here in the Doo section kinda had me wondering about the current 800's.

Thanks

My dad's 08 and our 09 have been absolutely rock solid!! Best running sleds out of the box ever. The 09 needs clutch work for mountain use more than the 08's do IMO. Mine had a couple little motor problems but I have a handle on that now. It has never had to come out on a rope.

They just don't like pinecones.

Dude, with a dip sh@t comment like that obviously you have never ridden or owned one. Ya, if you really screw up and take a solid blow to the thing it can be broken, just the same as anything else. But my xp has laughed off blows that crinkled the Dragon that rode with me all to he!!. It has smacked rocks, stumps, frozen banks without enough snow and been hooked on a fair many trees...zero structural damage. None. This thing is tougher than a boot!! I love it.

They just don't like pinecones.
Woah, settle down guys. I am guessing it was a little thing called a............JOKE!

Maybe you two didn't see the original "pinecone" thread when the XP first came out.

snokitty, I thought it was funny.

My 08 has been a great sled but the clutching is still way to hot and eats belts. I have changed the secondary spring, spring tower cap, added venting, installed the clutch brace. Nothing seems to help. I get about 500 miles out of a 377.

Might be time to get in touch with Winter Brew.

Some punk with 5 posts comes to the Ski-Doo section and makes useless poor comments about another persons sled. Then gives me a red square reputation.

Some joke!!!!

Yes, I saw the original pincone posts also. Poor, poor communication between fellow sledders.

There is no reason to bash other peoples sleds. It is NOT funny.

Picked one up late. Put on 600km in the hills.

Get the t-stat from Art and the reflash. You're good to go. Any cut some holes in the damned plastic. its like 100C under there...

they just don't like pinecones.

:).lol

my 2 cents is the stock clutching sucks.what a joke.rpms all over the place.gumball machine junk.ya i know,i need to spend the 10k for the sled and then spend some more for winterbrews clutch kit to make it run right:)maybe this summer.

Last edited:
Nice to see some good feedback on the XP's after their struggles last year.

Allthough when the 08's came out to the dealers, I went and looked one. I put my thumb on the running boards and could push the boards down quite a bit......Maybe their is not a problem with the boards bending, but I thought that the boards wouldn't last to long.

Allthough when the 08's came out to the dealers, I went and looked one. I put my thumb on the running boards and could push the boards down quite a bit......Maybe their is not a problem with the boards bending, but I thought that the boards wouldn't last to long.

You are so full of carp... Put your thumb on the running board?, & pushed it down... Go back to your POO post's. I have friends,,,, 250 lbs..... & no issues with the running boards...... What do you mean "struggles last year"? In 08, it was the strongest sled made, stock... 09 was even better.... Why do people on here keep bashing a great sled?... Can't stand the beating? I have an 08,, 2200 miles of fun... PUT your thumb on the running boards.... WOW... Go away.. Sorry,,, just my opinion...
Srtill riding as of June 3rd.... And having fun.. :beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

You are so full of carp... Put your thumb on the running board?, & pushed it down... Go back to your POO post's. I have friends,,,, 250 lbs..... & no issues with the running boards...... What do you mean "struggles last year"? In 08, it was the strongest sled made, stock... 09 was even better.... Why do people on here keep bashing a great sled?... Can't stand the beating? I have an 08,, 2200 miles of fun... PUT your thumb on the running boards.... WOW... Go away.. Sorry,,, just my opinion...
Srtill riding as of June 3rd.... And having fun.. :beer;:beer;:beer;:beer;

POO Post's????? What..

I am not bashing. I am here in the DOO section for a reason. To learn about the sleds for a future purchase.

By struggles, I mean the driveshaft/belt isssues. Maybe not many of them. But alot of post's last year about it. DOO even acknowleged the problems. All sleds have the problems....

And yes with not much pressure I could "flex" the boards. Not saying they would bend looking at them.....

"WOW... Go away.. Sorry,,, just my opinion..." And these are my opinions.

M.M.....you are absolutly justified in being skeptical about the XP and being SO much lighter...and in some areas flexible. The running boards seem to be a good balance of strength and flexibility so they don't tent to take a permanent "bend" like the REV's did, they tend to flex and return to normal, even with bigger riders. IMO it has shown to be a VERY tough sled. Whack ANY sled on a rock and it'll bend, no differnt with a XP. But with the modular design it is MUCH easier and CHEAPER to rebuild than most other sleds....rarely does a guy need to replace a tunnel or bulkhead because of hitting something with the ski, just unbolt a few parts and replace with new. :beer;:)

Premium Features

Back