• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850E-TEC Turbo R most common issues & troubleshoot

This does happen sometimes after summer with the first start up. Did you put in fuel stabilizer in the spring for the summer? Modern fuel goes bad in few months and that might foul the spark plug. You can try to fill it up with fresh fuel and run it for a while and see if the problem goes away. If not you might need to replace one or both plugs.
I would agree but this started even on the old motor back in march and again on the new motor in may but never with the codes. Started it up again yesterday to try to “rev it out” thinking maybe it was getting loaded. Well that resulted in an electrical short somewhere near the ecm and now a deformed/melted ecm. Keep in mind this is ecm #2 on the sled as well after electrical issues starting in January last year. It’s a lemon that’s all I can say about it for sure. Skidoo is getting pretty close to paying for another sled with all the warranty issues thus far and it only has 1100 miles on it.

I would agree but this started even on the old motor back in march and again on the new motor in may but never with the codes. Started it up again yesterday to try to “rev it out” thinking maybe it was getting loaded. Well that resulted in an electrical short somewhere near the ecm and now a deformed/melted ecm. Keep in mind this is ecm #2 on the sled as well after electrical issues starting in January last year. It’s a lemon that’s all I can say about it for sure. Skidoo is getting pretty close to paying for another sled with all the warranty issues thus far and it only has 1100 miles on it.

Yeah sounds like you had enough bad luck with it. Did they install new injectors when they changed the ECU? I know cases that bad ecu has also fried the injectors. So if they are still original I would suggest to change them too.

Yeah sounds like you had enough bad luck with it. Did they install new injectors when they changed the ECU? I know cases that bad ecu has also fried the injectors. So if they are still original I would suggest to change them too.
Injectors haven’t been changed but that being an issue makes a lot of sense. thanks

Premium Features

Back