• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help me Build the "PERFECT" SnoWest Snowmobile trailer

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Could you not lay the E track to the outside (walls). Run glides next to that and one E track down center? Staggering straps would be minimal.

-|||| - ||||-
-|||| - ||||- < like so?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Could you not lay the E track to the outside (walls). Run glides next to that and one E track down center? Staggering straps would be minimal.

-|||| - ||||-
-|||| - ||||- < like so?
Could, but.
My 2 Nytros skies touch the outside wall of my trailer now and its an 8.5' width.. And that is with them set to the NARROW position.

So if we did it that way, the skies would be ON the E-Tracks.

This might be a solution.
Run the E-Tracks right next to the SuperGlides?
Ultimate%20Trailer%20II%20036.jpg

As opposed to inbetween them?
Ultimate%20Trailer%20II%20064.jpg

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Could, but.
My 2 Nytros skies touch the outside wall of my trailer now and its an 8.5' width.. And that is with them set to the NARROW position.

So if we did it that way, the skies would be ON the E-Tracks.

This might be a solution.
Run the E-Tracks right next to the SuperGlides?
Ultimate%20Trailer%20II%20036.jpg

As opposed to inbetween them?
Ultimate%20Trailer%20II%20064.jpg

There are certain types of removable shelving that fit into the eTrax. I would look at that to decide how you want to run the eTrax on the walls, if any. The superglides in the trailer floor to mount the superclamps is a superb idea, I would love to have that in my trailer. I would however supplement it with some 1500# D-rings just in case you haul things other than sleds, 3000# if you intend on car hauling,.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
There are certain types of removable shelving that fit into the eTrax. I would look at that to decide how you want to run the eTrax on the walls, if any. The superglides in the trailer floor to mount the superclamps is a superb idea, I would love to have that in my trailer. I would however supplement it with some 1500# D-rings just in case you haul things other than sleds, 3000# if you intend on car hauling,.
Other than the ODD BALL move, this trailer will have two purposes in life.

#1, hauling 4 sleds every weekend all winter long.

#2, Hauling 2 RZRs and a quad or two in the summer.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
With the electrical package you'll have ...

Lots of 12VDC LED lights will be your friend :)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The 1st and 3rd photos are all LED.
That 3rd one is just one long STRIP of LEDS.
Kinda interesting way to light up everything.
But the 1st one looks BRIGHTER than any other.

LOTS of small bright LEDs.

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
Well this is absolutley fascinating.

I just went outside to take a picture of how my lighting was set up, and low and behold, all the 12VDC lighting, internal and external, has stopped working.

that'll be fun trying to figure out WTF is wrong with that now.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Well this is absolutley fascinating.

I just went outside to take a picture of how my lighting was set up, and low and behold, all the 12VDC lighting, internal and external, has stopped working.

that'll be fun trying to figure out WTF is wrong with that now.

Doesn't recreational equipment make you appreciate how awesome automobiles are?

Dirty Steve

Lifetime Membership
Feb 3, 2012
Central MN
Christopher, have you considered "O" track for your tie downs? it's aluminum , so when a stray carbide or other object scratches it, it won't be a rusty eyesore in 5 years. It is also about half as wide as e-track so it would save some more room for your ski glides. A couple of my buddies have it in their trailers and it is pretty slick. I'm not sure how to post pic, so here is a link to show you what I mean. http://www.amazon.com/Erickson-59133-Aluminum-Mounting-Individual/dp/B005JCQEXG

21Hv2nMej%2BL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DanoXRS

King Ding-aLing
Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Christopher, have you considered "O" track for your tie downs? it's aluminum , so when a stray carbide or other object scratches it, it won't be a rusty eyesore in 5 years. It is also about half as wide as e-track so it would save some more room for your ski glides. A couple of my buddies have it in their trailers and it is pretty slick. I'm not sure how to post pic, so here is a link to show you what I mean. http://www.amazon.com/Erickson-59133-Aluminum-Mounting-Individual/dp/B005JCQEXG

Christopher, this is what I have in my trailer. Also know as aircraft tie down system. It works great and extremely adjustable. I mounted some on the walls as well to hold gear bags and such in place.

Dano. :face-icon-small-coo

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher, have you considered "O" track for your tie downs? it's aluminum

21Hv2nMej%2BL.jpg
Don't know jack about it.
At first glance it sure doesn't look as STRONG as the E-Track.
Would also be worried about debris filling up the track??

It looks small enough that it could get packed with Snow, Ice, Dirt pretty easy if its on the floor???

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher, this is what I have in my trailer. Also know as aircraft tie down system. It works great and extremely adjustable. I mounted some on the walls as well to hold gear bags and such in place.

Dano. :face-icon-small-coo

On the walls I could see this.
But what would you think of it being in the FLOOR ??

Premium Features