• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Help me Build the "PERFECT" SnoWest Snowmobile trailer

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Been working out details of the build for the last couple of weeks.
Just got off the phone with SuperClamp.

topCell_D2.jpg

Looks like I will be installing a full set of their new SuperGlides.

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ms4-VMkcGdk?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="640"></iframe>

I don't know about everyone else, but in my current trailer I installed a set of glides from another manufacturer that do NOT have the little traction spikes, and I can not tell you HOW MANY TIMES I have slipped going up the trailer ramp only to land flat on my butt! This time around I absolutely wanted to have something with TRACTION / FRICTION. So I fired off a letter to SuperGlides a couple weeks ago and we had a great conversation this evening.

I will be buying a full set for this new trailer!

Z

glide6.jpg

Have not yet decided if I will go all out and get the edge trim as well.
But probably will.
What the heck, I want this trailer to be DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!!
ProdPHOTO_TRIMKIT.png

picture.php

Last edited:
Reactions: Scott

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
will you post up your build sheet? are you going with a 30'?
Yes, absolutely.
Just as soon as it is LOCKED IN STONE I will post EXACTLY what the build will be.

Right now I am patiently waiting on their engineering department to send me the next set of drawings for approval.

I have to hand it to Mirage, they are THOROUGH in making absolutely sure both of us know exactly what is being built. They are taking their time with me to make sure the final trailer is exactly what I am asking for.

As for the 30.
Unknown.
Last I wrote to them asking for a comparison price with the tandem 28 vs. the triple 30. Don't have a price yet, so I don't know.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The guys up at SuperClamps sent me some interesting photos showing possible installation configurations.

For the absolute MAXIMUM traction on the entrance ramp!!
picture.php

V-Nose Installation.
picture.php

Coverage for ATV, UTV and SLED on ramp.
picture.php

Using an extra row of Glides for Track Traction beneath the sled..
While I love the idea, not sure how to do this AND still make the E-Track work??
picture.php

xpicture.php,qalbumid=1821,apictureid=29182.pagespeed.ic.eduB_6biuS.jpg

T

Trax 2 Treadz

May 14, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
www.trax2treadz.com
You may also want to have a closer look at the products from Caliber.

http://www.caliberproductsinc.com/

Superglides are great in the enclosed trailer until you have to try and get the front end of a Nytro moved around (usually during loading or unloading) and then it is not so nice. :face-icon-small-sad
I would personally go with low pro glides on the deck and either Superglides or Calibers GripGlides on the ramps.
We have the hinged Edge Glides installed on both the front and back ramp doors on our enclosed trailer and they have held up very well over the couple of years that they have been installed.

Reactions: smokindave
T

Trax 2 Treadz

May 14, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
www.trax2treadz.com
One more item, check and make sure they have wired in a charger for your break away battery. Kind of disturbing when you pull the pin for the DOT Inspector and nothing happens because your battery is dead because the charger was never wired in .

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Superglides are great in the enclosed trailer until you have to try and get the front end of a Nytro moved around (usually during loading or unloading) and then it is not so nice. :face-icon-small-sad
I would personally go with low pro glides on the deck and either Superglides or Calibers GripGlides on the ramps.
We have the hinged Edge Glides installed on both the front and back ramp doors on our enclosed trailer and they have held up very well over the couple of years that they have been installed.
So you are suggesting these glides instead?
IMG_8762c.jpg

This is pretty much what I have in my trailer right now.
My issue with these is that with snow on them they are SLICK AS SNOT and I have slipped numerous times when not paying attention to where I put my feet. On the ramp, they are an accident waiting to happen, but even in the flat section of the trailer mine are "Sub-Optimal" at best. You Low Pro Grip Glides look like they would do the job nicely!!

And I do think your Edge Glides are great!

edgetop1.jpg

Trailer snowmobile ski edge glide system

An innovative accessory that provides smooth Edge transition from the ground to your trailer or ramp.

• Innovative Edge Glides Measure 5 7/8" x 8 3/4"
  • Incorporates Caliber's proven friction-reducing glide technology
  • Slotted fastening system allows for expansion and contraction, preventing warp
  • Integrated edge for easy assembly
  • Stainless steel screws install with ease
  • 9" width accomodates all skis, ski stances and ATV/UTV tires
  • High-Impact plastic (HDPE), guaranteed not to crack, chip, break or warp out
  • Made in USA and includes Caliber's lifetime warranty

Reactions: Scott
F
Nov 27, 2007
I had a 28' feather lite goose neck. I'm wishing I wouldn't have sold it now but when I get my new one thing I will do differently is put in a 72" drop down door instead of the 60" door I had. I would also run rolled rubber mats on the floor instead of plywood. Roof vents are a must and had 2 fuel doors. Drop down bunks would not have been a problem, other than that all led lighting and maybe go with a 30'

Reactions: christopher

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I had a 28' feather lite goose neck. I'm wishing I wouldn't have sold it now but when I get my new one thing I will do differently is put in a 72" drop down door instead of the 60" door I had. I would also run rolled rubber mats on the floor instead of plywood. Roof vents are a must and had 2 fuel doors. Drop down bunks would not have been a problem, other than that all led lighting and maybe go with a 30'
Do you think the extra 2 feet would have made a REAL DIFFERENCE??

T

Trax 2 Treadz

May 14, 2009
Medicine Hat, AB
www.trax2treadz.com
So you are suggesting these glides instead?
IMG_8762c.jpg

This is pretty much what I have in my trailer right now.
My issue with these is that with snow on them they are SLICK AS SNOT and I have slipped numerous times when not paying attention to where I put my feet. On the ramp, they are an accident waiting to happen, but even in the flat section of the trailer mine are "Sub-Optimal" at best. You Low Pro Grip Glides look like they would do the job nicely!!

And I do think your Edge Glides are great!

edgetop1.jpg

Trailer snowmobile ski edge glide system

An innovative accessory that provides smooth Edge transition from the ground to your trailer or ramp.

• Innovative Edge Glides Measure 5 7/8" x 8 3/4"
  • Incorporates Caliber's proven friction-reducing glide technology
  • Slotted fastening system allows for expansion and contraction, preventing warp
  • Integrated edge for easy assembly
  • Stainless steel screws install with ease
  • 9" width accomodates all skis, ski stances and ATV/UTV tires
  • High-Impact plastic (HDPE), guaranteed not to crack, chip, break or warp out
  • Made in USA and includes Caliber's lifetime warranty

Sorry, I do not have any association with Caliber other than we use their edge glides on our enclosed trailer. Superglides offer great traction but when loading and unloading a Nytro out of a V-nose trailer the first time you have to lift the front end over the Superglide ridges because your hooked on a ski skag you will know what I am talking about.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta

I'll be calling about these.
They will go good with my Superglides.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
As I sit here thinking about what he said he raises a REALLY GOOD POINT.
What I thinking is that MAYBE the best solution for me is a COMBINATION of glides.

Using the Superglides on both ramps and most of the interior.
But using the lower side smooth glides at the very front where the right hand sled does have to cross over to the left side tracks to get out of the trailer?

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
Do you think the extra 2 feet would have made a REAL DIFFERENCE??

i think so. we shoe-horned (6) pro rmk's in my 28' trailer and it was super tight; seriously 4" shorter and i dont think it would have fit. that extra 2' should be the ticket for the occasional trip with 6 sleds

Premium Features